No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traficant was way too cool to be compared to TaintedBan...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• AA = David Duke

...iffen AA was a racist cajun...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Not enough applicants to be border patrol agents can pass a polygraph test. So the Trump administration is thinking about just scrapping the test.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/12/u...ring.html?_r=0
        The administration has already asked Congress to appropriate more than $60 million to help speed hiring, including money to encourage agents to move to less desirable regions along the border and expand recruiting efforts.

Some of the money will help extend Customs and Border Protection?s outreach efforts at high schools and colleges and amplify its social media presence in order ?to reach the millennial generation,? the memo says.

It might take $60M to get a half-dozen of those snowflakes to agree to live someplace like Shafter, TX.

Comment

• Just saw another stupid post on Facebook (redundant?).

It shows the KKK marching at the 1924 Democratic convention and is captioned "Liberals aren't liking this newly discovered picture of the 1924 Democratic convention..."

The comments are all "Them stupid liberals. Democrats are really the racists" etc etc.

Of course they don't want to hear any history of parties changing philosophies, Blue Dog Democrats, or that Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helms were democrats for 50 years, etc etc. Their response is usually. "Well they was still Dems. LOL!"

What a bunch of ignorant fucks.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Unfollow that person and move on with life.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
              Unfollow that person and move on with life.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
              Too simple ;)

Hell, If I unfollowed every person that posted something stupid on facebook, I wouldn't be following anyone. Ha!
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Talent:
                The politics of it are interesting. Typically moving to the middle is good. But, with DJT, it seems like folks are absolutely decided on him one way or the other, so it's not like he has a ton of upside voter conversion chances by moving to the center...
                I believe someone posted a chart with the amount of advertising in various categories employed by the candidates in the last election. I recall that Hillary spent an inordinate amount on "personal" advertising, mostly negative, against Trump. The controlled media was universal in its condemnation of Trump. I doubt if there is anything Trump could do now to change the hatred of him on the left.

But, today, (83 days in) Gary Cohn and Jerod Kushner are the two primary advisors to the President. Both are life-long Democrats. One of the things that conservatives noted in the election was that Trump vigorously defended "New York values" which is Republican code for Progressivism. IMO, you cannot spend your life in NYC and not be influenced by that city's ethos. It is what I predicted, and it is happening now. The Democrats in the White House (including Ivanka, though she didn't bother to register) have the President's ear. That's why you progs now rip him for being inconsistent. If you were more rational, you would take your victory and keep quiet

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                  Preceptive.

I'm a fence sitter. Why announce your politics. It's easier to defend no position than taking one in here. See Entropy's recent comments on these things.

........... nonetheless, talent is entertaining.
                  Well, actually, you are a liberal here in the echo chamber like the rest of us, but I do agree you seem to be too much of a pussy to take a stand on anything. Be more like DJ Wilson in here, and ask to check Swanigan at halftime. You can do it!

Comment

• Jeff? A liberal?? Too much of a pussy to take a stand on anything ?!?!

Yeah, that's it. A timid hand wringer. That's the Jeff I know.
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Brilliant. It's always the test! A few weeks ago the State of NY was considering getting rid of a literacy test for teachers. The test was producing an insufficiently diverse pool of potential teachers. Not sure what came of it.
                      Heh. About five years ago I was at a conference in which a speaker proposed IQ testing for teachers, arguing that having an average IQ was a necessary pre-condition for teaching, at least from about grade 3 upward. There is a lot of research to support this, but the best real-world example is/was Teach for America. The TFA idea was to take top-10% students from top universities without regard to major and send them to low-performing schools. Well, it didn't take long for those top-10% "teachers" to be successful. So much so that the teachers' unions strongly opposed TFA, changing their initial position.

May I please be Barry Goldwater; "A Choice Not an Echo".

Comment

• You can be Barry Goldwater. It's fitting given the the long odds he faced in 1964 and your position as the echo chamber's favorite punching bag.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'm not really a liberal. I'm strong 2ndA, pro business, anti-universal healthcare, and cast a dubious eye at divirting more cash to social programs.

On the other hand, I'm pro-choice, pro legalization of gambling, pot, prostitution, gay marriage, and Talent meeting an early death.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• AA=Ron Paul
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• So, Ron Paul wants you dead, too?
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Heh

who doesn't
                                Last edited by THE_WIZARD_; April 13, 2017, 12:41 PM.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X