No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know Mr. Paul personally, but I believe he is a member of the human race. As such, the presumption is yes, yes he does.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Leave me something in your will

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
        Too simple ;)

Hell, If I unfollowed every person that posted something stupid on facebook, I wouldn't be following anyone. Ha!

and its tough to unfollow yourself....

::hello::
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
          and its tough to unfollow yourself....

::hello::
          Ha! Exactly
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Trump threatens to cut off the govt. reimbursing insurance carriers

President Donald Trump is threatening not to reimburse health insurers for covering low income people as a way of forcing Democrats to the negotiating table on health care.

snipped:

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal published Wednesday, Trump said health care remained a top priority for him, but that he was still undecided about whether his administration would fund what are known as cost-sharing reduction payments, which reduce deductibles and co-payments for lower-income people.
            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Talent, as an aside, do you still play that game I got you started in years ago? Cybernations?
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                You can be Barry Goldwater. It's fitting given the the long odds he faced in 1964 and your position as the echo chamber's favorite punching bag.
                Was Goldwater ever a favorite punching bag? Nixon would be a lot more fitting

Comment

• but in the end, it's better that a mind is changed than stubbornly stuck on a position
                  I'd agree with this quote if I felt Trump was a logical person who considered facts and actually had a curiosity about learning things. He's an empty vessel, sound bites and nothingness. His positions change because he has no positions and knows little, nor does he seem to care to learn. Whoever has his ear at any given time, or who he thinks can help him make Trump greater (either financially or ego and populist-wise) gets to set the agenda.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Was Goldwater ever a favorite punching bag? Nixon would be a lot more fitting

Nixon was too liberal.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• AA:

I quit CN awhile ago. 5 years, maybe? Played for like 5 or 6

DSL:

Nixon won, and, as AA noted, wasnt quite the conservative Golater was.

Comment

• Very sad day. RIP Dan Rooney.

Comment

• Did you go out in a blaze of glory? I nuked 23 nations and said my goodbyes when I left.

Yeah, always liked Rooney.

Comment

• These two assholes have already been fired

WTF made them think that this was the right way to handle this? Jesus.

[ame]https://youtu.be/BqrTRElZZ0Q[/ame]
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                              I'd agree with this quote if I felt Trump was a logical person who considered facts and actually had a curiosity about learning things. He's an empty vessel, sound bites and nothingness. His positions change because he has no positions and knows little, nor does he seem to care to learn. Whoever has his ear at any given time, or who he thinks can help him make Trump greater (either financially or ego and populist-wise) gets to set the agenda.
                              I'd like to think not but this seems eerily true.

I think George W. Bush was a lot like this. I wonder if we lined up all 44 presidents, how many of them would we consider to be empty vessels in the sense that Mainevent is seeing Trump?
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• These two assholes have already been fired

This intersection is about 10 minutes drive from where I live. It's been a story since it happened Tuesday but it hasn't sparked any major protests and the story is fading fast.

People here are more worried about how the collapse of a portion of I85 that has completely cut off all travel Southbound on I85 into downtown ATL is affecting them.

This story is from today's local rag. Pretty good reaction from Gwinnett County Police Chief Butch Ayers. This might keep local BLM folks off the streets. We'll see:

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X