No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kasich has spent the bulk of his political career governing. He's definitely a Republican, but he has a certain amount of reason and pragmatism that goes along with trying do shit for 20 years. Or, as you put it, he's not a crazy dickhead. Or, at least, he's the least crazy least prickish clown popping out of the VW Beetle.

But, yeah, he has zero chance.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Asked if he would be Trump's VP, he couldn't stop laughing. Making some noise in NH, but yeah 0% chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
        I'm at the Minny airport right now. The TSA guy who checked my boarding pass said "Heading to Flint, huh? Don't drink the water!" Nice rep Flint has gained. Going from being the #1 most violent city in America (sorry Detroit, you're #3) to Toxic-land. You get more lead from drinking than from getting shot.
        LOL Jon, I was thinking the exact same thing, Flint has been "mad as a hatter" for years, guess it's not abhorrent social behavior after all.
        -----------------------

This isn't going to sit well with DrStrangeLove Greenstein as he often repeats the mindless mantra, a media's assertion that extreme violence is at a 20-year low, statistically a slight dip but this country remains hotter than the surface of the sun and off the charts with respect to gun violence and murder.

While still, DrStrangeLove Greenstein prefers to talk his way out of a potential violent confrontation, the rest of would be better served to start packing.

U.S. Shootings Since 1963 Have Killed More Americans Than All Wars Ever
        Sebastian Murdock
        Reporter, The Huffington Post

Here's the shocking claim: Since President John F. Kennedy was shot down in late 1963, more Americans have been killed by gunfire in this country than died in all U.S. wars.

The Virginia Center for Public Safety, a gun control advocacy group, repeated that assertion, which has been made before, in fliers handed out at a Jan. 18 rally in Richmond. And PolitiFact decided to run the numbers with the latest data.

Short version: It's true.

Here's what PolitiFact discovered:

From the Revolutionary War through December 2014, 1.2 million Americans have died in military conflicts, according to the Congressional Research Service.

A 2012 report by a Binghamton University historian estimated a 20 percent higher death toll from the Civil War, which would push total deaths in military conflicts to 1.4 million.

By contrast, domestic gun deaths from 1968 to 2014 add up to nearly 1.5 million.

Some 63 percent of those gun deaths were suicides, and 33 percent were homicides.

PolitiFact could not find data for gun deaths before 1968. Add in the missing years, and the total number of firearm fatalities since JFK's death would surely be higher than 1.5 million.

So yes, more Americans have died from gunfire within their own country in the last half-century or so than died in all the wars the U.S. has ever fought.
        Last edited by Prime2; January 28, 2016, 09:56 AM.
        "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• He needs to make a sex tape with a Kardashian to have any chance of getting back into this thing.

Comment

• Lol! That would do it

Comment

• Kasich would be a good choice in a different era. But right now he would be more of the same and that is bad.

Comment

• Before everyone gets all excited over the Iowa caucus results it's worth noting that the last two winners were Santorum and Huckabee. This thing won't be decided until Super Tuesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  I don't think either Trump or Cruz will win the general election, and none of the other Republicans are even close to those two.
                  Tough to say. The favorites on both sides would have trouble getting 47% of the vote in an average year. Some years you just have slam dunk candidates, and some years you don't. IMHO Bernie Sanders is far more unelectable than Cruz or Trump. Hillary -- it's tough to say. The country has never really liked her. I think that she is beating Cruz and Trump in preseason head-to-head polls, but that has about as much meaning as the recruiting rankings 12 months before signing day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    Before everyone gets all excited over the Iowa caucus results it's worth noting that the last two winners were Santorum and Huckabee. This thing won't be decided until Super Tuesday.
                    Those guys weren't leading nationally. If Trump wins Iowa without making Jesus and gay marriage central to his campaign, he's pretty much unstoppable at that point.

And isn't that what the "socially liberal, economically conservative" Republicans have been asking for for a while now?
                    Last edited by Hannibal; January 28, 2016, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• hanny.. .many have, including me. But I wish it came in a package that wasn't like rubbing sandpaper on ones skin
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• At least it will be entertaining! Perusing the polls this morning I was surprised to see both Cruz and Rubio leading Hillary in general election scenarios. Trump loses that matchup. I still think primary voters might consider that once they get into the booth and get serious about their decision.

Comment

• When white man found this land, Indians were running it. There were: -
                          No Taxes
                          - No Debt
                          - Plenty buffalo
                          - Plenty beaver
                          - Medicine man free
                          - Women did all the work
                          - Men hunted and fished all the time
                          The white man was dumb enough to think he could improve on that
                          system!
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Yeah, but did they have cable?

Comment

• ...or HARBAUGH!!!

Comment

• With HARBAUGH!! we are obviously better off today than we were 200 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X