Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• I feel bad for you guys. I want you to be the power in the West. Riley was just a lousy hire.

Comment

• Looks like it's Iowa's year for the West. Schedule of Maryland & Indiana OOD helps, still see them slipping up at least once.

Comment

• Wisconsin would have to win out and Iowa lose twice for Iowa to not be in the B1G game. Iowa's remaining schedule:

Maryland
          @ Indiana
          Minnesota
          Purdue
          @ Nebraska

Comment

• They'll roll into the title game 11-1 and lose 45-10.

Comment

• Even the volleyball team lost on Saturday... First time wisky best UNL in Lincoln too. Bad weekend for husker sports.

When is it bowling season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'm not sure it is that pretty...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Riley was just a lousy hire.
                    I'm not in that place, although a lot of fans are getting there. These guys have a lot stacked against them, and I understand that. That said, they're making mistakes that I presumed such a veteran staff would not be making, and that's concerning. Losing season openers and games to Illinois are not the means by which Nebraska head coaches should be learning fundamental lessons for instance, and seeing our special teams blow ass with a $500K AC assigned soley to them doesn't inspire happy thoughts either.

I am still impressed by many of the off-field aspects of what they're doing, from recruiting to analytics to PR, which was an area where Pelini's regime was failing badly.

One must weather the storm to reap those benefits however, and at 3-5 the wind is kicking up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      Riley was just a lousy hire.
                      This

Comment

• Football PR a higher priority than football.

Riley had a mediocre coaching record and he's delivering just that.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'm starting to think you guys won't beat Sparty for us.

Comment

• I'm starting to think the team has cashed it in...

[ame="https://twitter.com/damonbenning/status/658622812383375360"]Picture with 5 mins left and Nebraska trying to close out a win.. [/ame]

Comment

• stealing from hoss:

NW had 44% of their Total Offense in the 4th quarter, and 70% of their passing yardage.

Through 3 quarters, Thorson's QBR was 78.

In Q4 it was 149.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                                stealing from hoss:

NW had 44% of their Total Offense in the 4th quarter, and 70% of their passing yardage.

Through 3 quarters, Thorson's QBR was 78.

In Q4 it was 149.
                                Lets also note that Q4 is when NW legitimately started passing; of their 28 passing attempts on the day, 13 came in Q4....and they quit playing offense with about 3 minutes to go. Their R/P ratio from the beginning of Q4 until about 3 minutes to go, when they were handing off or kneeling, was 6-13. To that point it 16/15.

For the life of me, I do not understand why teams waste snaps running the ball at us. Almost every week its the same script; teams slug it out with us, then as the end draws neigh they start throwing and roll us. It doesn't apeak well for the intellect of the average football coach.

I don't expect that Dantonio and MSU will make that mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                X