Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    Wish we had Baylor's offense
    I have yet to see a team that has successfully combined that type of offense, with a tough defense.

Seems like some team somewhere would give it a try.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Clock-milking, ball control offenses tend to make their own team's defense look better.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Jack Cichy, a ILB for Wisconsin, just had three sacks in a row (on all 3 downs obviously) vs USC to force a 4th and 40.
        He had 2 career sacks before that series.

That never happens lol.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• But the defense is failing in the 4th. Too many star athletes for USC and a superior qb getting the job done. refs jobbed the B1G again too.

Comment

• Wisconsin pulls out a close win.
            Cichy was a beast... He had the pressure on Kessler that led to a huge INT and drew a personal foul against USC that cost the Trojans 10 yards on their final drive.

B10 is 3-1 in bowls so far.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Badgers hold on 23-21! Beat SC, Great game. And I loved the way it ended. SC got the ball back at their 25 with less than a minute to go only needing a FG. How many times do we see soft coverage and the terror of the dreaded prevent defense? offensives march right down for the winning FG? No Problem.....Not here, Wisconsins defense was very aggressive, blitzing till the end, forcing SC to go out with a wimper - loss of downs. Really good win for the Big Ten 3-1 now.

Comment

• Took a quick look. ..

The U of Spoiled Children had won the last 7 Bowl games vs the Big Ten. JHC! - Lots of home cooking along with very good teams. The last Big Ten team to beat them was Sparty (believe it or not) in the 1990 Sun Bowl. Fuck SC!

thank god for the badgers :-)
                Last edited by WingsFan; December 31, 2015, 02:45 AM.

Comment

• Nice job Wisky - way to take it to USC with a great defensive effort! Loving the 3-1 Big Ten in Bowls so far. Must admit I didn't catch the entire game, only saw the first half, but watched the highlights this morning. Looks like i missed a really entertaining 4th quarter, but it was just getting too late.

Comment

• If Iowa wins it will have been a really dominating season over the Pac12

Comment

• Yea 10:30 is a ridiculous start for a bowl game (East coast biased). I only stayed up because of no work today.

There was also a blown call by the refs.
                      Tanner McAvoy should have scored a 60+ yard rushing TD, but a ref thought he stepped out of bounce. That blown call almost cost Wisconsin the game.
                      Luckily on the next possession, the Badgers scored a FG to make it 23-21.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I heard newweasal on Sirius radio yesterday talking about how big the USC/Wisky game was for the PAC12. Seems lots of unhappiness with USC's new HC is from Sark's staff and that Sark's departure may have been a Coup among coaches, this guy, forget his name - I think he was Sark's OC - leading it.

Also, apparently there was hope that Hayden would hire Chip Kelley (fired from the Eagles) as USC's coach. Most sensible people thought otherwise after he was given a show cause while at Oregon.

So, the PAC12 is going to be perceived as weak re the BIG. Not sure that's accurate but it is what it is. Hayden is going to get questioned about his decision to not hire someone from outside. He's made a lot of bad decisions as AD and this could turn out to be his last straw before his ouster. USC money is not happy.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I wouldn't be shocked to see Chip Kelley end up right back where he came from at Oregon.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• There was also a blown call by the refs.*
                            Tanner McAvoy should have scored a 60+ yard rushing TD, but a ref thought he stepped out of bounce. That blown call almost cost Wisconsin the game.*
                            Luckily on the next possession, the Badgers scored a FG to make it 23-21.
                            LIke I said home cooking, it was SEC official crew though? And SC still gets the calls in their Bowl game. How could they make that call is unbelievable. Clearly in bounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                              LIke I said home cooking, it was SEC official crew though? And SC still gets the calls in their Bowl game. How could they make that call is unbelievable. Clearly in bounds.

It was an SEC crew in the Holiday Bowl. The white hat is pretty new with the SEC. McDaid. He was a ref with the Big East and AAC. He is bad, but consistently bad. Never noticed malice. Just incompetence.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Sad year for NFL QB prospects with Kessler is up there in the top 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X