Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what all the chatter is about, if he flips, a Goddamn Coup!

Hanson:
    Top OL Could Be Michigan’s One Exemption!
    January 03/2016 Michigan Football
    As the 2016 cycle ends, Michigan is looking to pull together the best recruiting class possible. After stealing a running back commit from Ohio State and a big time linebacker from the middle of SEC-country, Jim Harbaugh is only beginning his most impressive Singing Day act yet.

As many know, 5-star defensive tackle Rashan Gary is a very, very likely candidate to commit to Michigan on National Signing Day. With his mom as a huge Michigan supporter, Gary will be visiting Michigan again for an unofficial later in January.

Gary is great friends with five-star running back Kareem Walker, a recent Wolverine early enrollee, and Gary has gone as far as saying Walker is his “best friend.” With that notion in the open, Gary has received recruiting pitches from the other New Jersey Michigan boys—Brad Hawkins, Ahmir Mitchell and Ron Johnson.

So assume Rashan Gary commits to Michigan, which is looking extremely likely… since Michigan clearly whiffed on four-star offensive linemen Terrance Davis and Jean Delance during the Under Armour All-American game, Michigan is angling to make a splash in the future. If all goes as intended, that will come in the form of another highly touted offensive linemen.

Sam Webb of Scout.com reported that Michigan is expecting a visit from a top OL recruit in the month of January. Based on our homework and sources, that recruit is identified as Greg Little, a five-star Ole Miss commit. Gary and Little have attended many recruiting events together and have formed a bond on the circuit.

The rumor on the street is that Michigan still has one academic exemption to use once it formally ends ties with two defensive recruits. When that happens, Greg Little will be worked into the picture as a verbal commit in Michigan’s 2016 class if all goes well on his January visit.

Apart from that recruiting victory, Michigan is still in the mix for several top recruits. Michigan has not given up pursuit of five-star Isaac Nauta, and with only Nauta, Jacob Mathis and Dwayne Allen on the board, the coaching staff has to know something about one of those three prospects to keep the board so limited.

Earlier in the week, Michigan LB signee Devin Bush Jr. posted a tweet that signified the Wolverines’ class is about to get even more impressive. The word is that Bush spoke with Gary, and the 5-star Paramus Catholic recruit informed the UM LB of his plans.

Look for Harbaugh to continue forming the most complete, talented 2016 class that he can in the month remaining before NSD.
    "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Prime, you son of a bitch, pulling on my heart strings with this talk of Little...

I highly doubt it but I've seen crazier shit happen.
      Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• heh heh heh .... Prime, you're a rascal ...
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The pessimist in me hopes that Little doesn't pull Gary to Ole Miss.
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Little is following In the extra signing bonus program that Tunsil made famous at Ole Miss.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• ^this
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• He was, at one time, a Bama lean. There is zero comparison in the facilities and prep work you get at Bama (in comparison to Ole Miss) if the NFL is your dream.

When I heard through the rumor mill that Ole Miss had sent the "covert recruiter" I knew he would end up there. Meh. He will end up with as many championships as Tunsil had. Honestly, though, he doesn't care about that.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• So a visit to Michigan would mean a little (pun intended) more cash for Little?

Comment

• It could also be that he gets paid not to visit. Fournette.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• And make no mistake, every major team has jocksniffing boosters who want to sit in their luxury box and say something like, "See #64? Yeah, he's here because of me!"

The alleged difference with Ole Miss (and a few others), is when the coaching staff knows about SuperBooster Winston Gotbucks III and actually funnels recruits his way to seal the deal.

Comment

• I prefer sending recruits to super booster Caspian "fat stacks" Covington. He'll throw in a car on top of the cash.
                        Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          It could also be that he gets paid not to visit. Fournette.
                          Yes, I do remember. Kids know how the game is played. Keep one OV in your back pocket and show interest in a few schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wellington_beefhouser View Post
                            I prefer sending recruits to super booster Caspian "fat stacks" Covington. He'll throw in a car on top of the cash.
                            Tunsil got a car, too.

Comment

• Their is a 5-star OL recruit that M is trying to steal but it is NOT Little.

Comment

• The pessimist in me hopes that Little doesn't pull Gary to Ole Miss.
                                That is exactly what I was thinking. Gary's mother said there were still two teams in the running, and if UM is one, then Ole Miss is the other. Ever since Treadwell, I've feared the amount of money OM gives to priority recruits. No program goes from nothing since the early 60s to outstanding in so short a time without there being cheating.

I also wonder why the NCAA is so hot and bothered about minor violations, and yet they do not try to "plant" a few recruits each year. I bet Gary could write a book on who is offering what. With all the longtime leans changing their minds, I wonder if the "dark period" is more correctly named than the NCAA realizes. That is a stunningly stupid rule, IMO. If a kid wants to be left alone, just tell the recruiters. A lot of kids get a new perspective from these all-star games, and they should be able to talk to coaches at the kid's option.

After watching Davis and to a lesser extent Delance yesterday, maybe UM came out better than either Maryland or Texas. Davis just didn't seem to have the feet he needs. There are a lot of great DL prospects in this class, and one of them on Gary's team is also committed to Ole Miss. I refuse to be optimistic on Gary.
                                Last edited by Da Geezer; January 3, 2016, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X