No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handled very well! Shame on UMass in particular. You know it's well done when the only criciticism I can come up with is that the story failed to note Youngstown State's violations when Tressell was there the first time.

Comment

• Seems Michigan is the only basketball program that gets off on self-flagellation. Michigan's participation in the '92 and '93 Final Fours are still officially recognized by the NCAA but they vacated UMass from '96. Punishing yourself gets you nowhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Seems Michigan is the only basketball program that gets off on self-flagellation. Michigan's participation in the '92 and '93 Final Fours are still officially recognized by the NCAA but they vacated UMass from '96. Punishing yourself gets you nowhere.
        Well said. We're about the only athletic program that hasn't woken up to this.

Comment

• We should not cooperate with the NCAA but are you sure? I thought those wins were vacated. Either way I dont support raising those banners again. They should stay down.

Comment

• Fuck that shit. Unerase those wins and put them back up.

Comment

• 113 wins vacated by Ed Martin for getting caught doing what pretty much every elite program does in CBB.

Comment

• Yeah but this is Michigan. We can and should; and have and will win clean.

Comment

• The '89 NT team had far more players getting help than the '92-'93 teams that went to the NT games. Multiple insiders at rivals and elsewhere have said if you're landing more than one top 25 player per class, your program isn't clean. Basically implying all of the elites are dirty, yes even Duke.

Comment

• If so why didn't it come out? Dunno. Was there a completely different Ed Martin 3 years earlier?

Anyhow, I think there's some nuance here. You're not either Calipari-on or Calipari-off. Lots of gradients. It catches up with most of them in the end, like Beilein or Calhoun etc., so for guys like Pitino or K who haven't had a sniff of it, at some point when you're hitting 20 years coaching that starts to count as telling.

From what I've heard the entire Big Ten is clean in terms of recruiting save for OSU.

Comment

• There is tons of stuff in recruiting that never comes out till someone finally blows the whistle.

Comment

• It never caught up with Wooden.

Comment

• Tom Izzo is no John Wooden.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• If he would have cheated like Wooden, who knows.

Comment

• History as I've heard it, from 2 people, is that he played dirty to get Cleaves, swore never to do so again, and has not.

Comment

• He probably didn't need to resort to "dirty" to get Cleaves, because Mama Cleaves was none too happy with the rollover accident on M-14 at 4:00 am with half of Michigan's starting lineup in the car. After that, she wasn't going to let her kid go to school anywhere near Ann Arbor.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X