Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuff like this really screws up team chemistry and dynamics too. But, I'll say this, players step up. If the FL coaches handle this well, it can galvanize a team. I'm betting Harbaugh recognizes this and is letting the team know about it.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Has Grant Perry been cleared to play immediately, or is he just "back with the team"?

Based on his pleading guilty to a felony (and likely being guilty of more than that), it would send a pretty bad message to the team if he didn't at least sit for a few more games IMHO.

Comment

• Connelly's Florida preview is up. Questionable back 7 for that Florida D, but the rest of the team looks threatening. Yea if McElwain turns these suspensions/ sudden underdog talk into motivation, watch out.
        Looking forward to Jordan Scarlett and that Florida run game vs M.

Florida’s been the same for nearly a decade. When will Jim McElwain change that?
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Perry has been cleared to play immediately.

Jim Harbaugh stands by Michigan's decision to reinstate Grant Perry

The junior receiver from Bloomfield Hills was granted full reinstatement by the University of Michigan on Friday, with athletic director Warde Manuel saying in a statement Perry had "met every institutional expectation." "Warde did talk to me about it," Harbaugh said. "And he talked to a lot of people on campus. He talked to many, many people on campus. More scholars than I. "But I did have some input, basically to support what he was thinking."

Comment

• Good read on McElwain and UF.

What I picked up on in that piece was McElwain's winning record in close games compared to his predecessor at UF.

JH's 5 losses, if I have this right, are by a combined total of 13 points. He's not winning the close ones.

Not sure if this is an appropriate measurable in this comparison of teams. Those close JH losses are easily attributable, as well, to a sketchy offense and inconsistent QB. But still, he's making the calls and has admitted a couple of bad ones.

Anyway, here's to hoping HARBAUGH!!! wins the close ones this season. Starting with a gritty win v. UF.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• He's lost by 7, 4, 1, 3, 1 -- so 16....and, of course, 29.

He's also won by 3, 7 (OT) and 7.

So, he's 3-5 in single score games. He would have been 4-5, but Peppers returned that 2 pt try against MSU to push it out of 1-score range. Also, the Utah game was a lot like the MSU game in that a late score pushed it within 7 (or should have in the case of Sparty).
              Last edited by iam416; August 14, 2017, 02:51 PM.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• He has lost three walk-off games in which he led by 8, 9, and 10 points too.

Gotta find a way to put teams away in the 4th quarter.

Comment

• Related to my post above, and if you like fancy stats, there's a piece at mgoblog by the guy that puts meaning and visuals to them.

Two points:

Fancy stats, right now, lean to an 8-4 record for M. That is sobering. Those stats are not fixed. They change as the season plays out as M demonstrates it can win, starting with UF.

Comment

• Well, I mean, that 2015 MSU game... Harbaugh's fault...
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The sample size is way too small. The MSU game in Year 1 was ridiculous; he'll never get a whistle more hostile than he did in Columbus in Year 2. I do want to know about those big calls, and his process. You've got to be disciplined with that stuff, as Meyer is. But there are no patterns here. No trends yet.
                      Last edited by hack; August 14, 2017, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                        Air Force lost too much from last season, I could see them hanging around for a half but not much longer.
                        They can stop the run very well to. They force teams to play their kind of ball and if you don't play to their weaknesses which is defending the pass than it could be a long day for UM. I hope Harbaugh isn't stubborn trying to establish the run game.

MSU did that a couple years ago when they had a pretty talented team and was outplayed for three quarters until they decided to just air the ball out and get out of there with a win.

Comment

• What's the point spread vs Air Force? 21 with a O/U of 61...

41-20 which sounds what I expect... Air Force's offense could control the ball and extend some drives but M should be able to move the ball and score at will. I wouldn't touch the spread or the over/under, both are too close to what I expect. If forced I'd take the under as their option can shorten games. Still don't see this one as even a potential loss, Gopher's scare me more and I don't think that has much potential for a loss.

Comment

• From a betting perspective, Vegas has set AFA's O/U win total at 5 and have them as +1075 to win their MW division -- which is 4th behind Boise, CSU and Wyoming, and virtually indistinguishable from Utah State and New Mexico.

Vegas (and a lot of other people) think this will be a bad AFA team. If it were a good AFA team then it might be a game of some sort, but they aren't.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Forget Air Force. M will win by 18 or so in a snooze-fest. The Florida game will be a great game, though. Florida has comparable talent, but has yet to find a QB under McElwain - which is kinda funny considering he is known as a QB developer.

I still think (hope) M finds a way to win it. I'm going with Maze and Blew 24, Gayturds 17.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Jean Delance OT from '16 is transferring from Texas.

M finished runner-up for his services and arguably were his top choice if not for his parents swaying him away from AA. M could certainly use another OT in '18 after Mason Cole graduates. He's a true sophomore but would be a redshirt sophomore in '18 after his transfer season.

Comment

Working...
                                X