Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speight doesn't have half the goodwill amongst his fanbase that JTB has amongst his, so the shitting on WS isn't really tempered. The OSU fans are generally respectful of JTB's contributions in the myriad ways they say Joey Burrow is way, way better.

I think Speight > JTB by a little in the way each fits into their respective offense.

#hottake
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Frankly, M fans are fickle, bandwagon types. Not all, but the one's that seem to be most vocal (on the web) are. We've both seen that at mgoboard a vile, cesspool of some pretty worthless shit (note this is not the mgoblog but rather the board were folks post mostly vapid comments (not all but most).
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• We'll trade, even with Speight's extra year of eligibility. I'm 'relatively' a fan of Speight or at least a defender to those who feel he's the teams biggest problem.

Comment

• Even mgoblog wasn't defending Speight today, which surprised me a little bit.

Comment

• JTB is essentially Speight with legs. You can win a lot of games that way.
            Last edited by Hannibal; September 11, 2017, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• JB:

The Mgo boards are awful. Well, I mean, they're "fan boards" rife with all that goes with them.

WM:

I see what you did there. No way. We get to move on to our SAVIOR!!! next season. The extra year of eligibility is a deal killer!

Comment

• JTB is essentially Speight with legs.
                Yeah, but slow, non-breakaway legs just good enough to get 6 yards on an extremely well-blocked play -- and more carries than Dobbins and Weber. Anyway, I'll stop. This is OSU talk more than M talk.

Comment

• That's good enough for a QB. Without those legs you guys might not have scored a point on offense against us last year. Eliminate all of the yardage on JTs designed runs and turn all of his successful scrambles into sacks and you have life with Speight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                    Frankly, M fans are fickle, bandwagon types. Not all, but the one's that seem to be most vocal (on the web) are. We've both seen that at mgoboard a vile, cesspool of some pretty worthless shit (note this is not the mgoblog but rather the board were folks post mostly vapid comments (not all but most).
                    Getting rid of trolls (not here) and hyperbole (abundant here) would go a long way to facilitating any sort good discussion.

Comment

• mgoboard doesn't have a problem with trolls as much as groupthink. Post a contrarian opinion (usually a negative one about the team) and the Pod People point and squeal.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; September 11, 2017, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• I wouldn't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                          Frankly, M fans are fickle, bandwagon types. Not all, but the one's that seem to be most vocal (on the web).
                          I don't see this. IMHO the reactions to the first two games have been appropriate.

Comment

• Well kudos to Jeff for the honest approach here. He is basically saying don't bother posting, which is an odd position for a forum moderator to take, but at least we know he's an honest broker here.

That said, I think there's probably room for a discussion independent of the extremes. And kudos to talent for providing a quality take.

I don't know about that. Both players are limited. Barrett's had his share of big plays in big games though. Speight will get his chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              Even mgoblog wasn't defending Speight today, which surprised me a little bit.
                              I thought Brian's take was pretty even-handed.

Speight. As above. I've obviously downgraded my expectations for him since the rollercoaster is clearly still in effect. I'm still not anywhere near the complaining wing of the fanbase that fills my mentions with bitches about how I was wrong about something in the season preview. He's the guy, clearly, and if he resolves half of his issues he's a guy Michigan can win many things with opposite this defense.

(1) My position is that JH understands Speight's strengths and weaknesses.

(2) That understanding is going to greatly influence what this team he is coaching looks like going forward.

Fans expecting huge blow-outs (like most did v. Cinci and booed the team when that wasn't happening - and fuck them for that) are going to be disappointed and will complain after a win that wasn't a 60 point ass-kicking. That's unrealistic.

I thought talent's comparison of jtb v WS was good. i.e., Speight fits into JH's offense a little better than jtb fits into ufm's. So, muted enthusiasm for M's season and maybe a bit of a struggle for osu's. I'll take that.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'm sure he understands the weaknesses, but I don't know that passing on second-and-5 indicates that he understands what to do about it. Far be it for me to second-guess Harbaugh, but the color guy said exactly the same. Was it Huard? Either way, it's sometimes hard to see what the coach has in mind here.

Comment

Working...
                                X