Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Detroit Pistons thread

I'm a team player. We need a Detroit Pistons thread. New Era in the D.

Stan Van Gundy takes over can he rejuvenate a dead franchise?
    Could they leave the Palace behind for downtown?
    Forever One!

They're not leaving the Palace unless Detroit basically gives them 100% of revenue in the new downtown arena. Otherwise whatever attendance spike would be more than canceled out by the extra costs in rent and taxes.

Of course, it'd be a PR black eye for the Pistons if they were basically living rent-free while making millions in a bankrupt city, so they wouldn't want that deal even if it was offered.
    Last edited by Kstat; October 9, 2014, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Appreciate this post, New GM/Coach deserves a fresh thread.
      The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

Watched the first half. Some sloppy passing and shitty defense. Looks like they played better in the 2nd half.

Comment

Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
          Watched the first half. Some sloppy passing and shitty defense. Looks like they played better in the 2nd half.
          Andre drummond didn't start, and then he checked in. Nothing much else to add because that was the difference in the game. Milwaukee's bigs all bounced off him like small children.

7/12 FTs was encouraging. 58% is a good enough percentage for teams not to foul him on purpose if he can maintain that.

Comment

How was the polystyrene squeaking sound of rubber shoes on polished wooden floor? Full, skin crawling sqeakiness?

Sorry, wandered into the basketball thread by complete accident. Big fat fingers fault. Will get the fk out and will not return.
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                How was the polystyrene squeaking sound of rubber shoes on polished wooden floor? Full, skin crawling sqeakiness?

Sorry, wandered into the basketball thread by complete accident. Big fat fingers fault. Will get the fk out and will not return.
                May the ghost of Marvin Bad News Barnes (RIP) follow you into all other threads, and haunt you forever.

Comment

My favorite Bad News Barnes Story:

Steve Jones, another former team mate of Barnes and former TNT and NBA on NBC analyst:

"The classic Marvin Barnes story came when we played a game in New York and the next day we had a game in Norfolk. We had an early morning flight out of LaGuardia and naturally, Marvin wasn't there."

From there Spirits GM Rudy Martzke picks up the story...

"I got a call about three in the afternoon from Bob MacKinnon who told me Marvin missed the 9am, 11am and 1 pm flights to Norfolk. He hadn't heard from Marvin and figured there was no way he'd make the game."

Costas picks up the story at it's turning point...

"When he got the airport and found all the flights were gone, he cut a deal with a private plane to take him to Norfolk. About 10 minutes before the game, coach MacKinnon was talking strategy and Marvin burst through the doors wearing a huge grin and proclaimed "Boys, Gametime is on time."

Jones wraps up the episode...

"Marvin was wearing a big wide-brimmed hat and his floor length $100,000 mink coat. He had a bag of McDonalds hamburgers and fries with him. Then he proclaimed, "Have no fear, BB is here." He opened the coat and underneath he was wearing his Spirits uniform."

*As a side note Barnes went for 51 and 19 rebounds that game despite sitting the first 8 minutes.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

With the new year comes another chance to be crowned the champion of the 3rd Annual tin mad dog's OVER/UNDER Predictions Contest. The categories will be up a little later in the preseason.

The Winner will get an original piece (likely an 8.5" x 11" print) of "art" from tin mad dog!

Last year's award looked like this:

Comment

This year's version could consist of the REAL problem.

The whiny bitch-ass PLAYERS.

This team should be improved if for no reason that the GM is going to make them do what the coach says, rather than listen to them complain.

*Josh Smith tromps angrily in SVG's office*

Smith: Coach! You're too mean! You're making us play defense and practice and shit! I'm gonna protest, tell the GM, and get you fired!

SVG: Oh?

*SVG flips his nameplate from coach to general manager*

SVG: Shut the fuck up and do what I say you whiny brat.
                      Last edited by chemiclord; October 11, 2014, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Hard to believe J Smith is in his 11th season, yet is still only 28 years old.

I'm sure at some point some Pistons players will whine, but SVG is not the sort to put up with that - hence the battles with D Howard. I am cautiously optimistic this season, more so than I am for the Lions, but that's based on 40+ years of watching them lose.

Comment

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                          This year's version could consist of the REAL problem.

The whiny bitch-ass PLAYERS.

This team should be improved if for no reason that the GM is going to make them do what the coach says, rather than listen to them complain.

*Josh Smith tromps angrily in SVG's office*

Smith: Coach! You're too mean! You're making us play defense and practice and shit! I'm gonna protest, tell the GM, and get you fired!

SVG: Oh?

*SVG flips his nameplate from coach to general manager*

SVG: Shut the fuck up and do what I say you whiny brat.
                          Josh smith has never had an issue with playing defense. Shot selection? Sure. Defense? He's not the one with that problem.

Comment

Pistons looked ok at Washington today, but lost by 2. KCP went down with a knee injury. No word on how serious. Looked like it could be an acl.

Comment

that would suck if KCP ended up out for an extended period of time.
                              Forever One!

Comment

Working...
                              X