No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Tony. I had actually forgotten about it. I will go take a squint right now.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I don't think you'll be disappointed
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• How the hell have I never heard of this woman before? Those eyes are just unbelievable.

That other "now & then" post......., Winnie from the Wonder Years turned out very nice indeed.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I'm guessing she has a really terrible voice....there has to be a reason nobody lets her speak.

Comment

• [ame]http://youtu.be/ugwHTfXr-Jo[/ame]
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
              How the hell have I never heard of this woman before? Those eyes are just unbelievable.
              You just got your man card revoked.

You were looking at her eyes?
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• This is pretty cool...

I follow Ndamukong Suh on Twitter and he retweeted from a name I recognized. Here's the tweet he retweeted:

[ame]https://twitter.com/BrettKoehn/status/327259230115594240[/ame]

For those who don't recognize the name, I'm pretty sure that's our own Terry Fair Fan....one of Kansas' sons.
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Nice!
                  2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Going to see Bob Collins tonight at the Irvine Improv

Free tix rule
                    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Some kid from MI was the alleged, beloved improv regular opening act.

Met B Collins tonight. Bought his $20 DVd to help his cause of some sort another.
                      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Kudos to him for having the balls to come out, and kudos to the commish, the Wizards org, and Kobe freaking Bryant for having his back!
                        "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• The Wizards? He's a free agent now. That's going to be the real test is to see if he gets hired now.

"I didn't set out to be the first openly gay athlete playing in a major American team sport. But since I am, I'm happy to start the conversation," Collins wrote. "I wish I wasn't the kid in the classroom raising his hand and saying, 'I'm different.' If I had my way, someone else would have already done this. Nobody has, which is why I'm raising my hand."

Good for him! The funny thing is the old theory about telepathy between twins may have taken a hit. His twin brother didn't know. His aunt said she had known for years and didn't think any different of him now.
                          Last edited by Tony G; April 29, 2013, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• He's 34, doesn't have a contract and wants to stay in the show. Now the super-progressive nba looks anti-gay if he doesn't get signed by someone. He brought himself another year or two.

That said, it took guts for him to do it, and he'll put up with a lot of crap for it, but he did what he had to do.

Comment

• Collins wrote that he first considered coming out during the 2011 NBA lockout, which interrupted his routine and "forced me to confront who I really am and what I really want."

He said the first relative he told he was gay was his aunt Teri, who is a superior court judge in San Francisco. He said she told him, "I've known you were gay for years," which made him "comfortable in my own skin."

Collins said he realized he needed to make his sexual orientation public when his former roommate at Stanford, Massachusetts congressman Joe Kennedy, who is straight, marched in Boston's Gay Pride Parade last year.

The Boston Marathon bombings earlier this month then reinforced to him "that I shouldn't wait for the circumstances of my coming out to be perfect. Things can change in an instant, so why not live truthfully?

"When I told Joe a few weeks ago that I was gay, he was grateful that I trusted him. He asked me to join him in 2013. We'll be marching on June 8," Collins wrote.

Collins said that he told his brother during a breakfast meeting last summer.
                              "He never suspected. So much for twin telepathy," Collins wrote. "But by dinner that night, he was full of brotherly love. For the first time in our lives, he wanted to step in and protect me."

Collins says he quietly made a statement for gay rights even while keeping his sexual orientation a secret. He wore No. 98 with the Celtics and Wizards -- 1998 was the year that Matthew Shepard, a gay college student in Wyoming, was killed, and the Trevor Project, a suicide prevention organization, was founded.

Comment

• Metta World Peace's Reaction To Jason Collins Coming Out Is The Best

From his press conference today:

Whether it's a free country or not, you should be free to act as you want to do as long as it's not violent. No matter what it is. I came here in a Cookie Monster shirt because I wanted to, and I was going to wear the pants. But I thought you guys were going to judge me. I was going to wear the hat too. But I thought you guys would judge me. I didn't want Mitch [Kupchak] to judge me. So that's why I didn't wear the hats and the pants. But I should've wore it. You should be free to do and act how you want to act.

Comment

Working...
                                X