Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spartan Football - Owned and Operated by the University of Michigan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The trouble for coverup U is the amount of cases that were ignored and the distinct coverup with in the athletic department. So, even a case like this that seems much like the Grant Perry case, how serious is it, what all was involved, he said she said all of that comes into play. So, the fact that they went after Grant Perry hard and are "investigating" this, a player still playing and nothing done tells you what's gone on MSU

Michigan State freshman guard subject of criminal sexual conduct investigation

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
      Dantonio and izzo aren't linked to Nassar. The "criticism" is how they handled sexual assault charges in their respective programs. As I said way up post, their personal integrity will pull then through.
      bs ... the whole thing was wrapped up by ESPN as the crisis at Michigan State and they had graphics with Izzo, Dantonio and Nassar on the same screen. That OTL story doesn't even come out if it weren't for Nassar because their wasn't a story.
      Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
        The trouble for coverup U is the amount of cases that were ignored and the distinct coverup with in the athletic department. So, even a case like this that seems much like the Grant Perry case, how serious is it, what all was involved, he said she said all of that comes into play. So, the fact that they went after Grant Perry hard and are "investigating" this, a player still playing and nothing done tells you what's gone on MSU

Michigan State freshman guard subject of criminal sexual conduct investigation

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_...stigation-espn
        your hate shows and makes you appear ignorant.
        Forever One!

Comment

• here's something to ponder for all you guys posting crap you honestly ... if you actually want to be honest with yourself ... don't know shit about.

Quit being petty ignorant bitches because you root for a different team.
          Forever One!

Comment

• Wow, that is like a Trumpster's "but Hillary" response.

BTW, up thread, I said I couldn't understand the unbridled glee or the blind defense.

We'll see how it shakes out...
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• This is pretty much the penn state defense all over again. Everyone does it, we’re the real victims here, etc. Sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

I still don't think Dantonio and Izzo were involved or had knowledge of credible accusations from victims but you never know. I really dislike them getting swept up into the group of evil doers, who did know and did nothing, without a shred of fact based evidence that either Izzo or Dantonio knew about Nassar.
                do you really think that either Izzo or Dantonio would know something about this dude when many parents who were in the same room and other physicians didn't know? Or the people from the USOC didn't know? The guy fooled a lot of people for a long time.

Now, I'm not saying MSU isn't at fault or doesn't have culpability, they do. They clearly needed to be more transparent about their actions and more aware concerned about the victims. Their are staffers there who should end up in jail, especially Klages, but Izzo and Dantonio are not among them.
                Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                  This is pretty much the penn state defense all over again. Everyone does it, we’re the real victims here, etc. Sad.
                  what is sad is how you let your chosen team fandom effect common fucking sense.

perhaps I'll be proven wrong .... but I'll bet I'm not ... but if you think that a long time coach, with a pretty proven record of being a damn good guy ... and much to your chagrin, a really really good basketball coach ... who has kicked guys off the team for smoking pot, or sleeping with team mates girlfriends, is not only going to keep a rapist on his team, but also help cover it up for him, then you aren't thinking for objectively. You just want him to be guilty because well ... go blue

The recent FBI probe got me thinking ... I don't like UM ... mostly because of the arrogant fans who think their teams/programs are lilly perfect and that everyone else cheats .... but when Beilein beats Izzo I don't hope the guy goes to jail. I tip my cap and say I'm proud that the state of Michigan is lucky to have two good coaches who do things the right way. I don't think either of the two program will get caught up in anything and I'm happy about that.
                  Last edited by Masspartan; February 18, 2018, 05:32 PM.
                  Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    Wow, that is like a Trumpster's "but Hillary" response.

BTW, up thread, I said I couldn't understand the unbridled glee or the blind defense.

We'll see how it shakes out...
                    Jim ... although we've never met I have respect for you and have pretty good feel for what your like and I'm only mildly disappointed that you root for UM over MSU. I know your one of the good guys.

I only posted that article because I get so tired of reading seeing guys spew ignorance about 'cover up' U etc and they completely forget that things aren't always clean in their own house.

I'm pissed that MSU didn't turn that effer Nassar in at the first opportunity and that they put public relations ahead of doing the right thing regarding victims, but they didn't cover up rape etc. That OTL report was a well timed hit piece taking advantage of timing for clicks.

The most recent article is even more shameful from ESPN and Lavigne. Putting a kids name out their who hasn't even charged with a crime.

MSU and ESPN are at odds, partly because FOIA and FERPA are at odds. One hand they have to release information, on the other hand they can't. I'm no expert, not even remotely, but erring on protecting the students isn't bad policy ... though it does, if you want to slant it that way, make it appear as you are hiding something.

Take this issue regarding the walk-on who is under investigation. Without them actually being charged MSU can't release names or comment on it I believe. I know that when the 4 guys who last year were accused of rape they were kicked off the team immediately but their names were never released.

We don't know if their was discipline with the walk-on or not .... fact is the guy is just a warm practice body and nobody would even know. Granted he is still part of the roster which leads me to believe that there isn't much or anything to it.

And for those petty UM fans who want Izzo to burn because they guy is on his roster I'd present Grant Perry ... who was actually convicted of the same thing the walkon is being investigated for ... along with resisting arrest if I'm being petty .... and sits on the UM roster. In other words ... don't throw stones in glass houses, right?

As for the Gibbons/Lewan thing, I find it MSU has become cover-up U because of these accusations yet Gibbons was apparently allowed to conveniently finish his eligibility before being properly expelled.
                    Forever One!

Comment

• I don't think that there is any reason to think that Dantonio and Izzo don't run clean programs, at least as "clean" as any program is in this era, and do what they think is the right thing. I also think that when people start looking they tend to find some skeletons in the closets. I hope that anything that may turn up is not serious enough to be more than a blip.

But I can't see how either of these coaches can be tied to the Nasser situation
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                        In both poker and college sports there are ?tells?

Coaches? pleas of ignorance hold no water in NCAA cesspool

https://nypost.com/2018/02/01/coache...ncaa-cesspool/
                        phil mushnick ... bwaahhhhaaaa
                        Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                          I don't think that there is any reason to think that Dantonio and Izzo don't run clean programs, at least as "clean" as any program is in this era, and do what they think is the right thing. I also think that when people start looking they tend to find some skeletons in the closets. I hope that anything that may turn up is not serious enough to be more than a blip.

But I can't see how either of these coaches can be tied to the Nasser situation
                          here's a little test/challenge I'll throw down to everyone before they go on displaying their ignorance in a public forum ... one that I'll take as well.

The next time you read/hear about a situation at a rival school before accepting it as fact .... put yourself in the shoes of a fan of that school at do your research/understanding from that perspective. See if you find things to be a little bit different.

I'm sure I don't view Gibbons/Lewan/Dumars the same way that UM fans do and I'm sure they think they are correct. Instead of hoping something is true so that your rivals get weaker, find out the truth first.

My guess is that I'll be a better person because of it and so will you.

I know very little about the Baylor scandal other than salacious headlines and the sensationalism. Because of that I've always thought that Art Briles was a big pile of poop ... knowing what I know now about how stories get portrayed, perhaps I'm wrong about Briles. The fact is, I haven't done enough research or understand the issue other than what I read from a story teller who plays fast and loose with the truth. Therefore, I don't have the same opinion of Briles. I simply acknowledge that I don't know.
                          Forever One!

Comment

• Maybe do that more instead of reaching for false equivalents.

Comment

• You may have to use bigger font. I’m not sure he can read you while he’s way up on that cross he’s nailed himself to...

Comment

• hahaha ... never a doubt. I figured at least one of the 3 biggest dipshits on the board would have a stupid comment, but instead got 2. Just waiting for Wingsfan to chime in and the trifecta is complete.

here .. you won't read it but here's are some facts regarding the OTL report and it's sensationalism.

This is my partial response to Paula Lavigne and ESPN’s recently published / broadcast Outside the Lines  (“OTL”) article “Michigan State secrets extend far beyond Larry Nassar case.” Unlike L…

false equivalents ... perhaps you are right. I don't know much about the Gibbons/Lewan situation other than this.

As a freshmen he was accused of rape. 4 years later he was expelled from the university. Based on his interview after the Sugar Bowl he seems like douche and the kind of guy I'd keep away from my daughter. Actually, I wouldn't have to since she's smart enough to figure it out on her own. Lewan has been accused of threatening the girl. After seeing him grab a guy who's on the ground and pulling on his facemask, I'm not surprised. So tell me what's false?
                                Forever One!

Comment

Working...
                                X