Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newbomb Turk View Post
    I am sure they pumped him drier than than Dan-O after a weekend of free Cinemax.........
    Yeah, but who was the "Fluffer"?

Comment

Dan-O ??
      The only logical explanation is:
      I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

Nah....

too big of a job.

And DanO would feel inadequate

Comment

oh, like he doesn't anyways........

Comment

That's some vivid imagery, NBT. Thanks a lot.

The owners certainly did all they could for that horse. Sorry to hear it, though.

Other notable deaths...

Although he isn't a celebrity, he was a rock star in my book: I had to put my cat, Alex, down a week ago, he was 18 years old. It was very difficult to go through it alone. I got him about a year or so out of high school. He had been with me through a lot. Even the dog is bummed. But I'm looking forward to getting a new kitten soon. Maybe in the spring.

And...My cousin, a well-known artist from Detroit, committed suicide last week. She was very talented. I saw her last year at a family reunion and she told me how she lived in a loft next to Comerica Park and was having so much fun with the Tigers. You can see some of her work here: http://www.metrotimes.com/editorial/story.asp?id=5566

Do artists ever die of old age?
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

luckily there was an expert at nearby Faber College to help get Barbaro out of Dan-O's master bedroom .........

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear about your loses Deb.

Comment

Geez Deb, I am sorry about your cat, I know how hard it is to put down a fuzzy member of the family like that. If you are a believer in the 9 lives theory, odds are your new kitten will still be Alex.....so make sure you get a male or you are liable to have one confused cat

Comment

lol! I like that thought
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

I am sure they pumped him drier than than Dan-O after a weekend of free Cinemax.........
                      A thoroughbred has to be conceived "naturally" in order to race. Quarterhorses can be artificially inseminated, but not thoroughbreds.

Deb, that sucks. Peace to you. It'll get better.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoLion View Post
                        A thoroughbred has to be conceived "naturally" in order to race. Quarterhorses can be artificially inseminated, but not thoroughbreds.
                        obviously....somebody who checked into such things

Comment

Not a betting man, but a fan of horce racing since I was a kid in Albany and my parents took me up to Saratoga. I read a lot about it, including a book called "Stud" that's about the (freaking crazy) breeding industry. That's where I learned that my dream of having a half-equine offspring win the Triple Crown would never happen.

Oh well. I'll always have the greyhounds.

I'm hoping that Barbaro's death will lead to tracks in this country switching to a synthetic racing surface instead of dirt. Some decent tracks have done it already. It's much, much better for the horses.

Comment

Who knows the difference between natural and artificial? What does the term quarterhorse mean anyway?
                            ------------
                            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

The American Quarter Horse is a breed of horse originally bred for sprinting short distances, typically races of a quarter mile or less. The Quarter Horse is the most popular breed in the United States, and is the largest breed society in the world, with over 3.2 million Quarter Horses registered worldwide.[1] It is commonly believed to be the world's fastest horse over short distances, and has been clocked at 55 mph.[2]
                              Forever One!

Comment

Drew, I'm guessing you're being sarcastic with your first question, but in case you aren't...

The colt has to cover (That's what they call it. Sexy, eh?) the mare. There's a vet present during the horsey love session, among others, that acts as a witness. No turkey basters allowed.

Comment

Working...
                                X