The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baylor building a new stadium
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Oklahoma State's unique fundraiser was expected to bring in hundreds of millions of dollars to fund school sports, based on the idea of purchasing $10 million life insurance policies on about two dozen boosters with the university as a beneficiary.

oSu loses 33M

Comment

• Posts here have to be logical?

Why don't people tell me these things?
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Well, posts from fans of THE Ohio State tend to be extremely logical and based upon facts. I've noticed that the few Spartan posts that pop up tend to be very good as well.

The rest...well, let's just say they mostly seem to gush forth from disturbed minds. Sad, really

Comment

• DSL next time you dry clean your Captain Bucknut suit, remove it first. Better yet, swim the Cuyahoga in it, we will fish you out in the spring.
            Last edited by Optimus Prime; March 13, 2012, 08:23 PM.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• 'Well, posts from fans of THE Ohio State tend to be extremely logical and based upon facts. I've noticed that the few Spartan posts that pop up tend to be very good as well.

The rest...well, let's just say they mostly seem to gush forth from disturbed minds. Sad, really'

What a dumb ass!

Comment

• Captain Bucknut suit ... that's great!

Comment

• link
                  ---
                  Judge rules in favor of Texas in ESPN lawsuit
                  Updated: March 23, 2012, 9:22 AM ET

A judge has ruled in favor of the University of Texas in a lawsuit filed by ESPN against the university in December 2010.

The lawsuit stemmed from a June 22, 2010, public records request ESPN sent to the university asking for records of correspondence -- including emails and other documents -- relating to conference realignment. Texas denied portions of the request, which ultimately led to the lawsuit about whether the records were public. The argument centered on William Powers' dual role as Texas president and chairman of the Big 12, as well as whether a withheld document was more financial than legal in nature.

ESPN filed the public records request days after Nebraska and Colorado had decided to leave the Big 12 for the Big Ten and Pac-10.

In its initial response to ESPN's public records request, the university withheld several documents citing two reasons: That much of the correspondence -- even though it was sent using university email -- involved Powers only in his capacity as then-chairman of the Big 12's board of directors. Other documents, Texas said, were subject to attorney-client privilege and exempt from the Texas Public Information Act.

In one of its filings, ESPN's attorney stated, "... while Powers wears two hats, UT System gets to decide which hat he has on, depending on which documents are at issue. ESPN's position is that it is not the hat, it is the man."

In January 2011, the university released emails and other documents it had been withholding based on its argument that Powers sent them in his capacity as Big 12 chairman. But it did not release three documents it argued were subject to attorney-client privilege, including one document dated June 8, 2010, that was described as a memo concerning "financial implications of a potential conference realignment."

ESPN's attorney Joseph Larsen argued that if the university claimed that Powers "wears two hats" then he would have received the analysis memo in his role as university president and as chairman of the Big 12, which is a position outside the university and beyond the scope of attorney-client privilege, which protects correspondence between attorneys and Texas officials.

Larsen stated that even if Powers didn't share the actual memo with his Big 12 colleagues, that its contents certainly guided his discussions and decision making on the board. ESPN also asserted that even though university attorneys were included in the discussion, the document at issue was a financial analysis and not prepared for legal strategy.

University attorney James Cousar disagreed, stating that it was clear in the correspondence that Powers received the analysis in his position as president of the University of Texas. He also stated that the lawyer who wrote one of the documents specifically warned against showing it to officials at another university. A university attorney stated in an affidavit that the memo was not shared outside the Texas system, and Powers stated the same in a deposition he gave in February.

On Tuesday in Austin, Texas, Travis County District Court Judge Stephen Yelenosky -- who viewed a copy of the memo in question -- ruled in favor of the university's motion for summary judgment, essentially ending the lawsuit and allowing the financial analysis of the university's decision on conference realignment to remain secret.

Comment

• Jerry Sandusky labled a 'likely pedophile' in 1998 report, according to internal Penn State file obtained by NBC News. http://bit.ly/GWGxbL

Comment

• I saw yesterday he's trying to get all criminal charges dropped, some due to statute of limitations. I forget the reasons for trying to drop the others that are more recent.

Comment

• Sure enough, he and his legal team are going to victimize the victims all over again.

Comment

• This guy busts me up!

Arizona struggling with Rich Rod's schemes

10:42 AM ET 03.25 | Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez looked to the sideline with exasperation, taking off his headset and letting it drop to the turf while raising his eyes to the heavens. Arizona is working through the expected growing pains, adjusting to a new coach and new schemes, and Rodriguez wasn't ready to put a thoroughly happy spin on a day in which the offense had the better of the defense. Although the players are going at faster tempo than they ever have, it's not nearly up to Rodriguez's standards. He was vexed when players didn't sprint off the sideline quickly enough or they didn't immediately hand the ball to an official after the end of after the end of a play.

Arizona Republic

?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I wonder if he's hired a competent DC yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                              I wonder if he's hired a competent DC yet.
                              Im certain I read a couple weeks back that Jeff Casteel and RichRod have kissed and made up, ending their estrangement that started 5 years ago when Casteel jilted RR.

Comment

• Or you can blame Bill Martin for not paying going rate for his coordinators, position coaches.

Comment

Working...
                                X