The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
    .....Rich Rod leads list of 6 candidates to replace Beamer at Virginia Tech......

Sometimes people never learn.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Do it, RichRod! Go in there, retain Bud Foster, and shove the 3-3-5 down his throat. It will totally work. Do it!

Comment

• Heh. If this happens -- poor JRB. He has to live through two RichRod eras instead of just one like the rest of us. It is enough to make a man look up at the sky and yell "WHAT THE HELL DID I EVER DO TO YOU?"

Comment

• Richrod to Va Tech? God how ironic that would b. Everything Beamer did in his career to establish a great defense gone in one fell swoop of a hiring.

Comment

• Who does Houston play, Talent? Calm down, man. Watch your heart.
            Houston plays poop, but they cover the spread like a machine!

As for Herman, he'd be perfect for any Texas school. I mean, fucking perfect. But I think he's going to stick at Houston for another year or two. IMO, it's the perfect gateway job for him and he doesn't really need to jump at anything less than a prime-time job. I'm hoping he doesn't end up at Texas because I could see that as a career job (I'm not sure about NFL aspirations). And boy, I'd really, really, really like to see him succeed UFM. At least right now. Heh....if he tanks, then NO THANKS!!!
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Heh. If this happens -- poor JRB. He has to live through two RichRod eras instead of just one like the rest of us. It is enough to make a man look up at the sky and yell "WHAT THE HELL DID I EVER DO TO YOU?"
              Bezerklie is a malicious incarnation of some unimaginable underworld power. He is a pox upon humanity and justification enough to believe in satan. He exists in a perpetual state of squalid, fetid buggery. He is Judge Holden without any of the charm. A second RichGOD term would only come close to just if Bezerklie were forced to cohabitate with RichGOD for the duration in cramped single-room quarters with a single bed and single open shitter.

That said, dude likes The Big Lebowski so he's ok in my book.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• How is Rich Rodriguez a candidate for any top job?

Comment

• Idk if VT is a "top job." Beamer is only paid around $2 million per year. That's Purdue level.

If Rich Rod went back to WV, that'd be perfect for him.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• It is a pretty good job. Rodriguez has been exposed, VT actually does try to win and every once in a while they find themselves competing for a national championship.

Comment

• Is there's enough tradition and momentum there to capitalize on? It's a program that has punched above its weight under Beamer, but not always, right?

Comment

• There might not be, but with Rodriguez it would seal it.

Comment

• Not surprised we aren't #1 but a little surprised Clemson IS. Was expecting LSU

Comment

• Really? I thought Clemson would be there.

Comment

• Other than Notre Dame their schedule is NC State, Miami, Louisville, GT, and Boston College. None of those are very good teams and several are bad. Though to be fair, LSU has only really played Miss State, Auburn, and Florida.

Would Clemson be ahead of Baylor if not for the 2-point win (at home) agaisnt an injury-riddled ND team?

Comment

• You can poke holes in anyone's schedule and overall resume. Especially for week 1 which is almost meaningless, they did a good job.

Comment

Working...
                                X