The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aggies WR coach subtweet costs A&M potential recruits
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• You guys can go on and on all you want. I welcome any new or incrementally more powerful reasons to hate Texas, and the SEC. I'm all ears.

Comment

• Dan Mullen asked on SEC Teleconference if there is an update on Jeffery Simmons situation: "Nope". Simmons is the 5-star Miss State D-line recruit charged last month after video showed him punching a woman.

Comment

• IE: Let's give it more time to be forgotten about and suit him up opening weekend.

Comment

• ESPN has already forgotten

Comment

• New allegations that Paterno and Penn State got reports of Jerry Sandusky molesting kids as early as the 70's

A judge says insurers in litigation with Penn State claim a boy told coach Joe Paterno in 1976 that he had been molested by Jerry Sandusky, according to a Pennlive.com report.

Comment

• There were so many victims over such a long period that I think it's virtually impossible that Paterno didn't know or wasn't aware of highly credible allegations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                  There were so many victims over such a long period that I think it's virtually impossible that Paterno didn't know or wasn't aware of highly credible allegations.
                  I agree. When I was a kid, everybody knew who the nut grabbers were. Most of the time the kids talked about it and stayed away from them and everybody else just ignored it.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Same here. We always knew who "they" were, and we kept our distance.

And I know that sounds like a "homophobic" statement, but anyone who lived back then knows there was no differentiating between a guy who was effeminate, or a pedophile. In those days, we considered them one and the same. I'm still not convinced that we were totally wrong, but that's another discussion.

Paterno had a duty to at least investigate the situation, and sit down with his "good friend" Sandusky, and find out what was going on. He chose not to do so. That's on him. Paterno's family is defending his legacy, but this has nothing to do with coaching football. This is criminal activity that was happening during Paterno's tenure, and Paterno was at least guilty of extreme poor judgement by his inaction.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The lengths that people go to rationalize some of the most horrific acts imaginable are startling to me. That goes for organizations as well as people. Someone posed a question on the radio earlier today: if the PSU situation happened to your favorite team/school, would you still be able to support them? I really don't think I could. Once it becomes clear that the org as a whole is rotten all the way through, the "few bad apples" rationalization doesn't hold water.

Comment

• Loyalty in sports is an interesting thing. After the school screwed my wife out of scholarship money, and despite the continued awful behavior of her thesis advisor, and the ripoff that is the daycare we paid a ton for our kid to go to, I wondered how all that would impact my relationship with the football and basketball teams. I have discovered that you can loathe the school and still love the teams.

Comment

• It's close to 'love' with your University, much less so whatever your chosen, adopted professional sports teams.

Comment

• I can pretty much guarantee that if Schembechler was found to be butt-fucking young men in the locker room and diddling little boys in his basement like Sandusky was, I would have a very hard time getting wrapped up in M football.

It's a religion. talent will tell you that about osu football. Think of the thousands, probably millions actually, of loyal Catholics who abandoned Catholicism after the striking revelations about the commonality of this sort of thing among priests and the cover-up by the church hierarchy. It's taken billions in civil court settlements and Pope Francis to even begin turning things around for the Catholic Church.

NOBODY should be forgiving Paterno, Sandusky or the PSU hierarchy that covered up what was going on for a long time in Happy Valley. I'd feel the same way about Ann Arbor and my enjoyment of M football had the kind of shit that went down at PSU, perpetrated by Sandusky, been carried out by anyone involved in the M football program.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re Paterno .........

This morning Joe Pa's defenders are saying none of what just recently came up is true. The defense is based on the "exhaustive investigation at so many levels" that proved Paterno "didn't know."

Never mind, the cover up may turn out to have gone as high as the Governor's level.

I think it's interesting that it is the insurer who has to fork out millions to cover claims of the molested kids who has made the charge in an attempt to avoid the looming huge liability.
                                Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; May 7, 2016, 09:27 AM.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X