The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    I'm happy because I'm hoping that there is a recruit that we can poach.

Yes, I am that much of a ghoul.
    :::sheepishly concurs:::

Comment

• Nothing sheepish about it. Fuck it.

Looking at the list, I'd guess Kedrick James would be one for us, but TE is waaaaaaay down the list of needs. But Jimmy will probably take 4 per year.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
        Nothing sheepish about it. Fuck it.

Looking at the list, I'd guess Kedrick James would be one for us, but TE is waaaaaaay down the list of needs. But Jimmy will probably take 4 per year.
        Yeah, on further reflection, they are some creepy, irritating pricks down there in Waco. But they have some good football players signed up.

Gimme, gimme!

Comment

• M is in on Baron Browning too but with Singleton, Anthony and others I think M is full at LB by the time Browning decides.

Comment

• "And, god-willing, somehow Chip and Joanna from infernal HGTV Fixer Upper series will get caught up in this and imprisoned."

AMEN!!

Comment

• Purdue should go after Art Briles after Darrell Hazell goes 3-9 or 4-8 in 2016.
              Wishful thinking ^^^^

and yes, 4-8 is wishful thinking too.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• There really is no hope for Purdue unless Drew Brees desires to coach college football AND is a really good coach AND he sticks around despite having superior programs offer him far more money.

Comment

• Even if there were no Title IX or these events took place in 1988 rather than today, I don't see how Briles wouldn't be in serious hot water or fired all the same. It's worth noting that the publicly available document is only an executive summary of the evidence uncovered. Presumably the Board of Regents has seen the really detailed stuff. If they saw evidence that Briles and his staff actively intimidated claimants into silence (and the university is actually accused of retaliating against one of them) that he should be toast, Title IX or no Title IX.

I find it hard to believe that the BOR would fire a highly popular coach, arguably the most successful in the school's history, without some significant evidence. At a highly conservative school in Texas no less.

Supposedly there's a number of other people that were fired today as well, outside of the coaching staff, AD, and Ken Starr.

Comment

• Agree re active intimidation. I should note I'very only read general document. I think there's a far more detailed finding of fact document.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                      There really is no hope for Purdue unless Drew Brees desires to coach college football AND is a really good coach AND he sticks around despite having superior programs offer him far more money.
                      Implicitly, I feel like you are talking about Jim Harbaugh.
                      Explicitly, yes, I agree. Brees doing that would be good.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Agree re active intimidation. I should note I'very only read general document. I think there's a far more detailed finding of fact document.
                        There are certain to be more details, but I find it unlikely that any of those details are going to cause us to reinterpret the findings. If they do, then it would make the Executive Summary the stupidest Executive Summary since Peter forgot to put the cover page on his TPS reports.

Comment

• LOL. That's what I was thinking. Shouldn't the most damning aspects of the report be included in the executive summary?

Comment

• Normally you put the conclusions in the summary, not every shred of evidence that led you to draw those conclusions.

But hey, maybe the Board fired Briles despite having zero worthwhile evidence like Hanni believes. A deeply conservative, Baptist, Texas school just fired the most successful coach in school history based on nothing.

Comment

• Art Briles was a loathsome character, I'm surprised at the eagerness to defend him.

Comment

• They're not deeply conservative.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X