No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Pistons had that 2014 1st Round draft pick, that could have helped with depth.
    Of course you have to draft a decent player, but overall Pistons lack youth and talent off the bench excluding SJ.
    Dammit Dumars...

Jennings back will help... if the Pistons get Meeks back, he is randomly good on offense sometimes.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Pistons were game last night. Down 4 heading into the fourth, in that building, and with momentum? Not much more you can ask for at this point. The Warriors are just on another level. And particularly in that building where they've won their last 23 regular season games.

Like Drummond said last night -- it was a learning experience point blank period. Great barometer to see where they really were at as a team.

Hopefully they haven't drained themselves too much on this road trip yet, because they still have winnable games left on it.
      AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Yeah missing that 2014 1st pick surely didn't help. SVG has made us a good team without having much to start with besides Drummond and Monroe. Losing Monroe for nothing was garbage but there's nothing we could do. The best case scenario would have been to trade him at the deadline last year but the return would have been minimal

He's built the best depth he could with bargain bin trades that have helped make us relevant again. RJax, Morris and the euro pf for scraps make him look like a genius.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• If Detroit had it's 2014 pick it would have lost the 2015 pick. The real issue is that Gores wouldn't amnesty Gordon. Had he approved that they would have kept both picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
            Pistons were game last night. Down 4 heading into the fourth, in that building, and with momentum? Not much more you can ask for at this point. The Warriors are just on another level. And particularly in that building where they've won their last 23 regular season games.

Like Drummond said last night -- it was a learning experience point blank period. Great barometer to see where they really were at as a team.

Hopefully they haven't drained themselves too much on this road trip yet, because they still have winnable games left on it.
            Yeah I agree with this.

Comment

• I really liked what I saw in the Pistons last night. Where does everyone think where they will end up in the East?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shlidgn90 View Post
                I really liked what I saw in the Pistons last night. Where does everyone think where they will end up in the East?
                Fallujah?
                Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
                  If Detroit had it's 2014 pick it would have lost the 2015 pick. The real issue is that Gores wouldn't amnesty Gordon. Had he approved that they would have kept both picks.
                  Well yeah.. That's completely understood and the underlying issue. I bet he wishes he had that to do over again. I never really understood that move from the get go unless he was trying to flip the Pistons after he bought them.

Even tho it appears we didn't miss much in that draft you never know the "coulda, shoulda, woulda's" if those players were in different systems etc.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickalicious View Post
                    Fallujah?
                    We'd have to find another "Palace" to play in but it's doable.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I can't believe they blew that lead to the Clippers. They had a great opportunity to go 4-2.

Comment

• Yeah they should have won that game. Doc Rivers is annoying as hell but he's pretty savvy. The game turned when he started fouling Andre with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

I like this pistons team but a 100% Jennings would be a really great addition.
                        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I'm not sure KCP is a starter on a contending team. He has improved but is still inconsistent and still can't seem to buy an assist. And they need to upgrade at the 4. Illy would be a nice spark off the bench. They should be in the hunt for the playoffs. And with a couple nice FA additions, who knows. Maybe they contend.

Comment

• Don't undervalue KCPs defense. It's been big for Detroit so far.
                            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
                              I'm not sure KCP is a starter on a contending team. He has improved but is still inconsistent and still can't seem to buy an assist.
                              You have to be looking to pass to get an assist. By and large, he doesn't. He's driving to the basket a bit more but will shoot it 99 1/2 times out of 100 when he does so. There have been several times that Andre's been open for a lob in this situation. He also hoists some really ill-timed 3's. I don't think he's made one pull-up 3 in transition yet this year.

From what I've seen so far, his overall game has improved but not by a big chunk. He is driving more and is making some mid-range stuff with more frequency. He's still a borderline starter but he works hard.

Getting torched last night by Crawford and bringing very little offensively was the biggest reason they lost last night, IMO. Hopefully, he'll be able to handle old-man Kobe a little better today.

Comment

• KCP held the hottest player in the NBA to his lowest total of the season. That's nothing to sneeze at.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns-ZqpqGIuE"]Kentavious Caldwell-Pope puts the clamps on: Stephen Curry - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X