No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They put KCP on him in the second half and now he can't make a shot. Just saying...
    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Speaking of PG defense, there isn't much at the PG spot in this years FA class. I really really hope Valentine or Wade Baldwin are there at the Pistons pick.
      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
        They put KCP on him in the second half and now he can't make a shot. Just saying...

You just can't help it, can you?

Comment

• To win Brook's heart, you just need to be a dime-a-dozen overrated shooting guard.

Comment

• Okay, I shouldn't say that. That isn't right.

The world has a perfectly realistic view of KCP's talents. The only person that has any delusions about stardom in that guy's future is Brook.

Comment

• Not a good loss for the Pistons today. Andre was too passive. Jackson head is still MIA. Hard to win without those two playing well and the bench guys didn't bring much either.

Comment

• For the fuck of it, I charted KCP's covers. He did do better against Barea than anyone else, so credit there. Barea did get past him on a couple of those stops where Andre helped but JJ obviously was working harder to do so.

Even though Reggie played a little better in the 2nd half, he was god-awful tonight.

Back to KCP's shots-against stats:

Matthews: 3-6 FG, 3 3-pointers for 9 points

Dirk: 2-2 FG, 1 3-pointer for 5 points

Barea: 3-8 FG, 2 3-pointers, 8 points & fouled him once but no FT's.

Totals: 8-16, 5 3's, 22 points.

I give KCP an A-/B+ for his D tonight but I'm grading on a curve. I'm not going to fault him with how he played the times he was switched onto Dirk. He's giving up 7 inches and 40 pounds. Reggie's ineptitude in particular helped KCP look even better.

KCP's offense wasn't very good but the same can be said about every Piston not named Marcus Morris. At least KCP was good from deep.

Comment

• KCP plays hard but hes not a stopper by any means.

Comment

• He needs to be something close to that against Butler tonight. Huge game.

Comment

• "He needs to be something close to that against Butler tonight."
                      --------------------------------Don't be silly. Everyone knows Butler is a college team.
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Det @ Chi is the most important game in several years.

Comment

• Butler is bigger guard/wing. I can't remember how the Pistons D'ed them last time. We might see Marcus and Stanley on him quite a bit.

Comment

• Jamal Murray is entering NBA draft. He might be a nice draft choice too. SG with great shooting and some solid d potential that can make passes.

Comment

• Top 5, probably.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                                Butler is bigger guard/wing. I can't remember how the Pistons D'ed them last time. We might see Marcus and Stanley on him quite a bit.
                                KCP on Dunleavy so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X