Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
    Point Guard in the NBA is very similar to QB in the NFL right now.

Jackson would be kinda like an Eli Manning or Joe Flacco analogue; in the sense that I think the Pistons could win with him, but they'd need a lot of defensive stopping power elsewhere to make up for his limitations.
    There jsut arent any PGs in teh league that can stop another one on one...To stop the opponents PG you need to have solid team defense...One of the biggest issues the Pistons have is that their 7' center really isnt a very good defender...His defenisve awareness is really poor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
      Drummond seemed engaged despite not getting the ball early.

I don't know if the Pistons can shoot like that again but I hope the whole series is like this from a competitive standpoint. You could tell the Cleveland crowd was nervous the whole way through.

The Pistons' inexperience really showed at the end. And Jackson can't do that to a ref. It's a close game. You have to keep your cool.
      The Pistons shot the ball about as well as they can shoot it.....They just dont have the defense to stop the big 3 of the Cavs....It would be nice to get at least one win in the series but it will be tough....The Pistons were the only team that didnt lose by 20+ yesterday.

Comment

• Aside from TV revenues, why is it OK to play back to backs during the regular season but you have to wait 3 days to see a playoff game with no travel?
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Aside from TV revenue? TV revenue is the sole reason they space these out, there is no other reason to contemplate.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            Aside from TV revenue? TV revenue is the sole reason they space these out, there is no other reason to contemplate.
            I guess that is why I am not a big fan and only watch when it is convenient to me. I would never turn down even watching paint dry at a friends to make sure I caught a game.

.....and you're right. How else will they get the post season to last 2 months?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              Aside from TV revenue? TV revenue is the sole reason they space these out, there is no other reason to contemplate.
              I guess that is why I am not a big fan and only watch when it is convenient to me. I would never turn down even watching paint dry at a friends to make sure I caught a game.

.....and your right. How else will they get the post season to last 2 months?

Edit: They do not make you long for more, they put you to sleep waiting.

Comment

• That got ugly. hopefully being at home will fire them up.

Comment

• I'm proud of the way the team played in game 1 although R-Jax losing his shit and acting like a baby was absurd. I didn't see last night but the score reflects that LBJ was back to his self.

Just make it a series. Gain some experience and continue to grow as a team. SVG is the man and will bring us back to being a good team again.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Laimbeer said that Lebron is bullying the Pistons and I'd agree with that. That said, I think this is probably the best thing for this young Detroit team. I hope they go into the off season pissed off and train and practice to come back much stronger.

It would be nice if they could win a couple before going down though.
                    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Also I'm starting to think the Pistons should over bid for Dellavedova this off season. He'd be an upgrade over old Blake for sure and he's got a solid 3 pointer and taking him from cavs would hurt the biggest road block the Pistons have. And if the Cavs match and overpay then they've forced the Cavs to overpay. Win win.
                      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I think jsut about any PG in teh NBA is an upgrade over Blake....Heck WIll Bynum, Peyton Siva, John Lucas Jr, etc are all upgrades.....Even D-league Dinwiddie is almost an upgrade.

Comment

• Wil Bynum is not an upgrade.

Comment

• Blake played ok during game 1. He's just over matched beyond a few sun shining on a dogs ass moments.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• If he's not shooting well, he's 100% worthless out there.

Comment

• I actually thought they'd be able to push Cleveland to six or seven games but this series is shining a spotlight on the differences in talent and maturity between Detroit and Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
                                X