Michigan vs Central Florida - Game Day/Post Game Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan vs Central Florida - Game Day/Post Game Discussion Thread

Game week discussion for Game 2. This will become the Game Day thread on Saturday, and the Post-Game discussion following the game.

I haven't seen a early line yet, but UCF looked better than advertised in their first game. May be more of a challenge than Hawaii.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

M opens at 34.5 ovr UCF.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

UCF played FCS opposition but did dominate.

Comment

Sounds like Mo Hurst, Lewis, and Braden will be back? That leaves Mone and Taco as the big question marks. If it's close, I say let them sit. 34.5 points sounds about right. 45-17, 44-10, somewhere around there.

Would like to see more plays for the offense this weekend Saturday's game was maybe the lowest possession game that I have ever seen. I would like to see more of O'Korn and even Morris. Need to see the starters stay healthy too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          .........Would like to see more plays for the offense this weekend Saturday's game was maybe the lowest possession game that I have ever seen.......
          M has the highest offensive efficiency rating of all Divison One teams. Means nothing this early which is why I didn't link to the ESPN rankings when I saw it. I think they also have the highest ESPN power ranking but I didn't look that close at it. Low value this early.

The point is, some of the typical measures we apply - e.g., number of plays - as a means of grading the offense, may not apply in this particular win. If you are scoring on every possession you hAve and you blow out your opponent by 60 points, the number of plays you ran is of little use in determing how good your O was.

The O was efficient. Against a hugely overmatched opponent. That's enough at this point.
          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Yeah it just sucked that we somehow only ended up with 59 snaps despite not punting once, attempting a single field goal, loading up on big plays, or surrendering long drives on defense (other than the one at the end of the first half.)

Comment

Hmmmm.... Maybe I get your point then.

If your talking about tempo, you're right. I think the team has the potential for it. Not sure Speight can do that - he seems to be dialed down on purpose. O'Korn and Morris ran a faster paced offense. It just wasn't needed in this game.

I'd also add that JH has said, certain guys do certain things better. The best game plan utilizes the strengths of the players in the game at the time. Not confident this can be done with QBs but if some one can do that, it's Harbaugh.

Comment

There were only 119 plays on Saturday total. For reference, in 2014 when Brady Hoke was in his last year and the team ran at a snail's pace, there were 128 plays a game. For funsies, I looked back at stats from 1985 and there were 133 plays per game.

That was just a really damn short game. Not many incompletions, big plays, or plays that ended up out of bounds.

Comment

From JH's Monday Presser ..........

Mone and Carlton will not play next Satruday. Too early to tell how long they'll be out.

Comment

Don't desperately need either one of them but we need for everyone else to stay healthy now and we need those guys back for the season opener. I guess that it's Chase Winovich's turn to shine.

Comment

Keep them out for as long as they need to be. I don't give a F about beating anyone other than MSU and OSU.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

M ran more 30 fronts than 40 v. Hawaii. That's not going to change against UCF who runs a spready, up tempo offense.

The starting 4-3 should be Wormley/Hurst/Glasgow/Gary; the starting 3-2-5 should be Wormley/Glasgow/Gary with rotation of Hurst for Wormley or Gary.

I'm not sure about Oewenu ...... He's really a guard but he can play NT in the 30. Will see Winovich some too and later in the game some of the 3 deep if M is safely ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          Keep them out for as long as they need to be. I don't give a F about beating anyone other than MSU and OSU.
                          Agree. We need everyone as healthy as possible for those games.

We're going to need them sooner than that, though. Wisconsin will be no cake walk.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

I don't think LSU was that good but they still have a stud for a RB.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

MICHGAN 97
                              Scott Frost 0

Comment

Working...
                              X