Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He played some tackle last season after Newsome injury, most OL are practicing more than one spot.

Comment

• Sounds like Cole - Bredeson - Kugler/Ruiz - Onwenu - Runyan/JBB.

Maybe ten starting positions are pretty well settled on defense, unsure of corner opposite Long...

WR seems most unsettled, I'd guess Crawford, Perry starting at two of three receiver spots with last spot yet to be decided. Think we'll see lots of everyone at receiver, be interesting to see how much four receiver sets they use.

Comment

• Black as of now.

Comment

• Lotta smoke some Florida guys might be in some trouble, including Callaway.

Comment

• IMO, Zaire will either be good and give Florida a real shot, or he won't be there, yet, and they won't have enough offense. I would liken it to Rudock playing at SLC. M should have a significant QB advantage and that should carry the day.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think that's all pretty accurate. We get to 17-20 and we're good, barring special teams collapse or something.

Comment

• From a Florida board...

5 players involved in potential credit card fraud...one of them might be Callaway. Apparently bought iwatches and then tried to report their cards stolen.

Callaway, Zaire, and 3 starters on defense racked up 150k on 3 different females credit cards.

Unbelievably dumb. There goes our season"

"New From Gator Country:

I can't say who gave me the info, but I am going to give the Reader's Digest version.

1. No criminal charges will be filed. This is purely a University issue and the involved players have been notified.

2. One player has to make restitution or will be kicked out...True Freshman.

3. One starter may be gone completely. He was asked to move his stuff out of his apartment by the parents of a current player. You make the guess.

4. The university knew about this and kept it in-house until someone posted it on some internet page."

"It's about to get bad. One of the girls is now seeking criminal charges against Malik and Antonio.

CBS sports is working on a story right now per my sources inside the program"

Comment

• A lot of conflicting claims on the Florida boards, just have to wait and see. but yes lots of smoke.

Comment

• Indiana just passed the Gators as the 4th toughest game on the schedule and it was pretty close before this.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                      Indiana just passed the Gators as the 4th toughest game on the schedule and it was pretty close before this.
                      Air Force, Maryland, and MSU will all be tougher games. Indiana spotted us 14 points when they fired Wilson and back-filled him with Mike Debord. It will take turnovers and special teams disasters to lose that one.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; August 12, 2017, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Any line movement in UF-UM today? That's your best rumor confirmation there.

Comment

• Don't think a wr with still an unsettled qb situation would move it much.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                            Callaway, Zaire, and 3 starters on defense racked up 150k on 3 different females credit cards.
                            Geez how many 2nd chances is Callaway going to get... seems like he gets in trouble every other month.

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                            Air Force, Maryland, and MSU will all be tougher games. Indiana spotted us 14 points when they fired Wilson and back-filled him with Mike Debord. It will take turnovers and special teams disasters to lose that one.
                            Even though Air Force won 10 games last season, they might be one of the worst teams M plays (yes, Rutgers...). I think they lose every starter from their solid D last season.
                            M beat Hawaii 63-3 last year. Air Force lost to Hawaii in OT.

IU >>>>> Air Force.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Good stluff on Evans....really nice to see him at 211lbs....

Though just a freshman last year, sophomore running back Chris Evans was second on Michigan’s team in rushing yards with 614, trailing only DeVeon Smith’s 846.

With Smith now graduated, many expect Evans to be the primary ball carrier for the Wolverines in 2017. He showed glimpses of greatness last year — most notably against Florida State in the Orange Bowl when he ripped off a 30-yard touchdown run — which is why many fans think he could be in store for a special season.

“I feel a little more in the mix,” Evans explained. “Last year at this point I didn’t really know if I’d be playing. So this year I feel more intact with the team — physically, mentally, emotionally, you name it.

“Last year I didn’t really know the protections, so I was only in on free releases or running plays. Last year when I was in, I was doing one job and now it’s more of a scheme — check this, check that. I feel a lot more comfortable in the backfield now.

“I’ve gained extra weight — I weigh 211 now — and can be more of an every-down back. I’m also better mentally, just having the demeanor and body language and knowing where I’m supposed to be.”

Last year, Tyrone Wheatley coached the team’s running backs, but when he departed for the NFL after the season, Jay Harbaugh took over the position. Evans briefly touched on both men.

“I’ve been relying on my technique,” the sophomore said. “Coach Wheatley always showed us the ‘big back way,’ while Coach Jay always tells us to chop our feet and get under our guy and beat him to the point.”

Michigan’s offense is one of the few nowadays that features multiple fullbacks, which creates another luxury for the running backs running behind them.

“[Fifth-year senior] Khalid [Hill] and [fifth-year senior Henry] Poggi are a great duo,” Evans said. “One can catch and be a threat down the field as a receiver, and the other is more suited for between the tackles and blocking linebackers.”

Jim Harbaugh noted on Friday night that redshirt junior Wilton Speight and fifth-year senior John O’Korn have separated themselves a bit in the quarterback race, and Evans briefly discussed both signal-callers.

“I always tell them both separately you’re the best quarterback in the country,” he said with a laugh. “I always text them that, just so they know they have somebody in the backfield who believes in them. I always tell them if nobody else believes in them, I will. They both find out, but they know I want the best for them.”

Finally, Evans noted that several freshmen are already impressing him in camp, specifically three linebackers and two receivers.

“[Freshman linebacker Josh] Ross lays the wood,” Evans said. “And [freshman linebacker Jordan] Anthony and [freshman linebacker Drew] Singleton too. I don’t even want to imagine what they were doing to kids in high school, considering the way they hit now — they’re going to make you feel it.

“At Signing of the Stars [in February], we knew they were coming in ready to go. [Freshman receiver Donovan] Peoples-Jones, [freshman receiver] Tarik [Black] and all of them came in with the energy and demeanor that they’re ready to go. Coach Harbaugh always says the train is taking off this weekend, and I told them that once it takes off it’s all business, so get your seat belt on and buckle up.”

By the sounds of it, they’ve all strapped in and are ready to go.

Comment

• Callaway and 3 defensive starters moves this game quite a bit, if there is truth to this. Zaire isn't much of a factor ime, I don't think he'd be much better than who they already have in game 1...

M should score 40+ against Air Force and it shouldn't even be close at half time, like stated upthread, they lost a lot to graduation.

-

Indiana plays all of Michigan, OSU, Wisconsin & Penn State; I think they'll win one of those.

Comment

Working...
                                X