No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They sure are. Not watching it, but just received this text from my son (who is currently suffering from a hangover in Aberdeen)..... "For Feck Sake! Scouse gits!"
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

whats this futbol soccer thing.

is that like that thing i see with little girls in unis chasing a round ball all over a field trying to kick it in some gigantic net and fail at it most of the time.

bah
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Today, Panoptes, you are very correct. Was at Easter Road today to witness Hibs go out of the Scortish Cup to lowly Raith Rovers. They were indeed, little girls chasing a ball around a field today. SOOO FKN Annoying. Useless bstds.

Sadly, no hattrick of cup final apperances this year, LFIJ. :( Probably a good thing. Spare us another embarrassing day out in May.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
          whats this futbol soccer thing.

is that like that thing i see with little girls in unis chasing a round ball all over a field trying to kick it in some gigantic net and fail at it most of the time.

bah
          ahhhhhh, grasshopper, you do not see the whole picture.

What you really see is little girls (and there are little boy leagues) that are not sitting in front of their XBox or TV and on a sport field gaining cardio workouts and eye/foot/hand co-ordination.

It is by far the cheapest team sport to be a member of because equipment is minimal.

It is by far the most strenuous sport to be a member of because if coached correctly, they will be constantly moving.

Scoring goals is only the icing on the cake. Participation is the meat and potatoes.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

maybe you all can let your husband's post once football season starts up again.
            Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

Fulham trying to get a big win at Old Trafford. Everyone is lining up to get a shot at Man U this year.

Comment

I'll still be shocked if Moyes is emptied. He needs a couple of seasons to get his shit together, just like Sir Eck.

Comment

Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                  ahhhhhh, grasshopper, you do not see the whole picture.

What you really see is little girls (and there are little boy leagues) that are not sitting in front of their XBox or TV and on a sport field gaining cardio workouts and eye/foot/hand co-ordination.

It is by far the cheapest team sport to be a member of because equipment is minimal.

It is by far the most strenuous sport to be a member of because if coached correctly, they will be constantly moving.

Scoring goals is only the icing on the cake. Participation is the meat and potatoes.
                  nice thoughts and all but soccer sucks so bad to this non fan that id rather put her on a treadmill for exercise. At least it will keep us all away from the weird ass soccer family freaks.
                  19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                    I'll still be shocked if Moyes is emptied. He needs a couple of seasons to get his shit together, just like Sir Eck.
                    Sir eck took over a team that hadn't won a league title in 20 years, Moyes is taking over a team where they are expected to challenge/win the league every year and qualifying for the CL is considered automatic.

That header at the death by Bent was sweet considering that ManU has been doing that kind of thing to teams for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                      Sir eck took over a team that hadn't won a league title in 20 years, Moyes is taking over a team where they are expected to challenge/win the league every year and qualifying for the CL is considered automatic.

That header at the death by Bent was sweet considering that ManU has been doing that kind of thing to teams for years.
                      Manchester United's expectations were no different in 1986 to what they are now. regardless of the fact that they'd won feck all for years. The pressure on Sir Eck back in 86 was every bit as intense as what Moyes will be facing now. Moyes is a very good manager. Everton (arguably) played the best soccer in England for years under Moyes reign. Given time, Moyes could be legendary for Manure. I'll be very surprised if he's sacked.

Comment

Moyes just might be a manager who does his best work as an underdog. So far he's shown no touch for being the manager of a favorite. It hasn't helped that he took over after Fergie's best year coaching. Ferguson relished being the favorite, he used it a hammer.

Comment

I've always felt that Man Utd always bring the pressure on themselves. Their fans are a nightmare. Only sing when they are winning and moan their feckin tits off when things aren't going to plan. Even Sir Eck, (04/05 when Chelski won consecutive premierships) was under severe pressure.
                          The Moyes situation reminds me of Glasgow Rangers when Graeme Souness stepped down and his assistant, Walter Smith took over. Walter didn't get off to the best start. Rangers fans really jumped on his case...... But....., he worked through it and ended up being the best manager in their history.
                          If I'm honest, I really don't give a shit, but I am hoping the spoilt, whinging faced fannies that are Man Utd fans give Moyes a chance to get things right for them. My minuscule interest stems from him being Scottish....., he just can't be crap!

Comment

Moyes will never be the underdog at ManU, they are supposed to challenge for hardware every year. Given his reaction to the go-ahead goal against lowly Fulham, I kinda fear for his health. That much stress will tear a man apart.

Comment

Dude is looking old, the stress must be tearing him up.
                              "We'll know for the first time if we're evil or divine. We're the last in line." - Ronnie James Dio

Comment

He's always had a seriously lined coupon, ...., but must admit, he does look very stressed indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X