No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is going to be a transition year to be sure.

Comment

• Lets go Ducks!

Bigger, stronger, faster (healthier)
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• WOW ..... Last night was like the Blues were wearing speed skates and the Wings were wearing buckle boots.
        "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• 6-0?

A total embarrassment.

Babcock tells the virtue of getting off to a fast start?

Ha!

..........but this is a season CG should enjoy. Every game counts and there is no room for taking a night off.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Don't overreact guys, the Blues were on fire last night and the wings were like Han Solo in Return of the Jedi....just out of freezing and still blind.

This is not the Detroit Lions, this is still a good middle of the pack team (which is pretty good for what is considered a rebuilding year) that will make the playoffs....which is all is required these days to win the cup, along with some luck with injuries and goal-tending.

On another topic, at least the young guns in GR showed some backbone last night beating Rockford 11-6 after they started gooning it up and had a bench clearing brawl.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0mEk_OfLWg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0mEk_OfLWg[/ame]
            2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• I really wanted to watch the game last night, but I ended up falling asleep.

Comment

• had to be the pink jerseys
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I saw a comment on how the Red Wings should make an offer sheet to P.K. Subban. I don't know a whole lot about him. I know he's young, is a very good offensive defenseman, but is he also reliable on the back end? He seems like he has good size as well, and can throw some pretty nice hits.
                  I've read he's a bit of a me first type of person though......

It sounds like he is looking for a 4 or 5 year deal in the 5-6 million range annually.... but Montreal doesn't want the contract to be that long or for that high of a salary, which is why the holdout.
                  Would it be worth it to the Red Wings. We have around 9 million in cap space this year, so maybe sign him to a front loaded contract this year so Montreal can't sign it. Give him a 4 year 22 million contract offer with 8 million in the first year so his cap is only about 4.75 million annually for the remaining three years....
                  Montreal only has 5 million in cap space, so it would be hard for them to match, and it seems like if they wanted him at that price, they would have already got it done.
                  Last edited by Habib21; January 21, 2013, 02:18 AM.

Comment

• We'd have to fork over some draft picks if we did right?
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                      We'd have to fork over some draft picks if we did right?
                      Correct a contract offering very much in first year money, would cost us at least 1 first round pick.
                      AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                        Is there a LeBron James of hockey equivalent there at the top spot of the 2013 draft?
                        Seth Jones. Well at least he is the hockey equivalent of another basketball player, his father Popeye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
                          Correct a contract offering very much in first year money, would cost us at least 1 first round pick.
                          A contract over 3.6 (or somewhere around there) mil per year causes you to lose next years 1st and 3rd round picks.

The Canadiens are trying to sign him to a 2 yr deal worth 2.5 mil a year and PK is holding out for more money.

He is the Canadiens future though (on the backend at least) so they will not under any circumstances let him get offer sheet-ed away. They will just kindly thank us for negotiating a deal for them and match it. The only shot we would have is trading for his rights, which would cost us at least Smith + Nyqvist.

Looking ahead to free agency, there isn't much talent on D for the wings to spend our available cap space on...but Corey Perry might test free agency in which case signing him and trading forward depth for D would be a great improvement. Too bad the Canucks already extended Edler a week ago because he was going to be the best d-man available come free agency.

Comment

• Right, I didn't even take into consideration the draft pick implications of signing Subban. I think the Red Wings could get him if they wanted to by offering a lot of upfront money in the first year, but losing draft picks could be the reason why they aren't.
                            Here is the 2012 draft pick compensation for average annual salary......
                            • Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 1st and 3rd round pick.

• Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick.

So I suppose if they sign him to a contract worth less than 5,046,585 on average then we would lose a 1st and 3rd. We could still front load the contract in the first year and have the average annual salary be lower than the 5.04mil cutoff. And if Montreal matches, it would be putting them in a tough situation with their cap..... they'd have to trade/cut one or two players to get back under the cap.

Comment

• You have to watch on the front loading now. The highest year can't be more than 50 percent higher than the lowest year and the rise in a yearly salary can't be higher than 35 percent.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                You have to watch on the front loading now. The highest year can't be more than 50 percent higher than the lowest year and the rise in a yearly salary can't be higher than 35 percent.
                                Is that what the new rules are?

I knew that was one of the things they were changing in the new CBA, to make those front-loaded contracts with a bunch of years tacked on at a cheap salary at the end of the contract illegal...but I wasn't sure how they set it up to block them.

Comment

Working...
                                X