No announcement yet.

OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually this is on topic tech and geek stuff..

This app is pricey but really cool. Claims to give you an HD break down of your favorite teams games with multiple camera angles available.

While inclusion of the "eye in the sky" All-22 game tape and condensed games the squeeze every play into a 30 minute football-fest are nice features for the NFL Game Rewind package, those looking to get their John Madden on can do so thanks to its apps for tablets. The telestrator feature is only mentioned in the notes for the iOS version so far, however the Android app shares in its ability stream the tape delayed games in HD, complete with stats and big play markers to jump straight to the key plays. While the apps themselves are free, you will need a paid subscription to the service at $34.99 to follow a single team, $39.99 for the entire league, and $69.99 for the Season Plus package that brings along the All-22 cam and telestrator features. Hit the source links for more info on the packages and exactly when the games are available for viewing, if you're more of a Monday Morning QB than real-time NFL Red Zone / Sunday Ticket aficionado, they may work for you.
    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• They added the extra camera angles this year. I'm looking forward to trying them out.

I have the game pass app (basically the same thing). If you're on a wifi network, it's really good quality.
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• I wonder how easy it would be to record small clips from. Would be interesting to take every Backus and Rollover clip from a game and show them back to back to back. If you have multiple cameras I'm guessing you could just home in on the OL every play?
        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Hmmm, I have no idea if you can do that. Even on the pc, it's all within the program. I'm guessing they probably don't allow you to record any of the video to your pc, but I could be wrong.

Here's a description of the camera angles.

Coaches Film is comprised of two main camera angles: "All-22" and "High End Zone." The "All 22" camera is positioned high above the NFL playing field and shows a view of the field that includes all 22 players (11 on offense, 11 on defense) at the same time. This All-22 camera view can be used to analyze all plays and players on any given play in an NFL game.

The High End Zone camera is positioned on either side of a field, high above the goal posts and behind the end zone. This camera angle shows what the play looks like as game action is happening coming toward (or going away from) the end-zone camera. When the High End Zone camera angle is combined with the All-22 camera angle and the television broadcast view, NFL fans have all the tools needed to analyze the game just like an NFL head coach does.

Comment

• Pretty neat. Might be a good teaching tool for HS coaches too.

Comment

• The Star Trek Google doodle today is pretty cool!
              AAL Quintez Cephus
              If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• I liked the red-shirt guy crying in the transporter.

Comment

• So I noticed a couple of nights ago that my Dell monitor (which is a little over two years old) was having some color issues. On the right half of the screen there were some brown highlights that had turned pinkish/purple. I reset the pc and it went away. Last night the same thing was happening right before I went to bed.

This morning, the entire right half of the screen has turned red. You can still see everything, but obviously I can't really "use" the monitor.

Have any of you guys had this problem? Is there any way for me to fix it, or is it time to order a new monitor?

Comment

• I assume you've checked the connections thoroughly? A loose connection could cause these symptoms...
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• could be the video card or the monitor...if the issue recurs, do you have a second computer to test it with?
                      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Yeah, I tried switching from display port to hdmi, but nothing changed. It seemed to get better with dvi, but I had to unplug my 2nd monitor to check that.

I switched to a brighter colored background, since the one I was using was really dark...and haven't had any other issues. It's really weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                          Yeah, I tried switching from display port to hdmi, but nothing changed. It seemed to get better with dvi, but I had to unplug my 2nd monitor to check that.

I switched to a brighter colored background, since the one I was using was really dark...and haven't had any other issues. It's really weird.
                          Probably an out put issue on the Video card, DVI/HDMI/and DisplayPort all use the same signals so swapping between them on a card (unless the port uses a separate control chip then the one you where using) would still have the same issue. You can try an DVI to VGA converter and use VGA on the monitor if available. That's a different signal. If possible try to test the card to another monitor (or TV) and if possible borrow another card or computer (someone bringing their laptop) to your monitor to confirm.

If its the card You can try a driver or firmware update on the card. There is also card baking that can help.

If its the monitor, sometimes a weekend off and unplugged can help. But it would be time to keep an eye out for some deals.
                          Last edited by Topweasel; October 12, 2012, 02:37 PM.
                          AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• My graphics card drivers are all up to date, but I'll see if I can get the beta ones.

Not sure if this will shed any light on what the problem is, but here's a screenshot.

I appreciate the help guys.

Comment

• This answer targeted a laptop, but I don't see why the driver check routine below could not be used on a desktop.....

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Take out the battery,unplug from power cable.

Then press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.

Then put the battery back or use the power cord to power it up.if it's still pink then there are 2 possible causes.
                              The video card could he bad.This will cost you about $250 to fix.To check if video card is the problem you have to reboot the computer and press F8 repeatedly until it shows you black screen.From there choose Safe Mode and wait for it to load files.Once you're in safe mode your screen should be fine.If it's NOT pink then your video card DRIVERS are bad.You can reinstall them and problem will be gone.

If you still have the problem then it could be video card or the screen itself.
                              Take it to professional repair shop.

Comment

• You might try this if you think your speakers got close to the monitor...

Hi Jerry,

You might try degaussing the monitor. Some monitors automatically do this when they are powered on. However, sometimes it's necessary to manually degauss. Magnetization can occur from many things, sometimes even by earth's natural properties alone, or by putting an unshielded computer speaker next to the monitor.

Your ViewSonic should have a degaussing option. Use the buttons on the front of the monitor to toggle through the options until you find it, or check the user manual for the monitor.

Try that and post back if no success.

Cheers,

Big Blue 66

Comment

Working...
                                X