No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Doan is either staying in PHX or heading to Vancouver.. We should prob sign Semin and get it over with. If we can get him to a short term deal we'll be ok.

Our D is more than likely set with

Kronwall Smith
    White Quincey
    Ericsson Kindl

If we dont have a strong D we better do what we can to stack the front side. Maybe Lids will change his mind and come back!
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• You can say that again.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• The sad thing is that we need to throw the farm at Weber next year but he'll command more than Suter did, and Suter wasn't worth the contract he signed.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• That can't be the plan...that was the plan for the last 2-3 years that was stated by Holland after early exits and standing pat at the trade deadline was all to save money for this supposed awesome free agent class where we could get superstars in their prime without giving up assets (other than cap space) to get them.

And we saw how that worked out this year, so I would prefer if Holland was going for the trade route because we honestly only need 1-2 more years until the prospects are ready to make the jump. Pulkkinen is already good enough to make the team but they don't want him to waste a year of development on the 4th line/press box.

I agree that Doan will stay in PHX once the ownership situation is sorted out a little more, but I think Semin would do wonders at concealing some of our weaknesses at a stop-gap contract of like 2-4 years until Jarnkrok, Pulks, Jurco, Tvrdon, Sheahan, Aubry are on the big club solidifying the forward corps.
          2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• The sad truth of the matter is that we don't have anything to trade. We could take on some shit contracts but unlike the NBA for some reason a lot of salary dumps just dont happen in the NHL.

I'd love to get Iginla next year but Shea Weber would be a must. Throw the farm!
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• holyshit.. I didn't realize Iginla was going to be 35 next season. Wow, where have the years gone?
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• It's rumored Jay Bouwmeester could be available. He's still young and has a lot of upside. He can move the puck and shouldnt cost a whole if Calgary would move him. They're right against the cap.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Remember the last time a genius GM signed a healthy scratch in last years playoffs to $3.75 million a year?

Yeah... me neither.

I just don't get this Quincey signing at all. THAT'S your Plan B, Mr. Holland?

REALLY?
                  Last edited by chemiclord; July 18, 2012, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• I don't mind the retention of Quincey one bit. At some point you need to field a defense corps and the supply is limited.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      I don't mind the retention of Quincey one bit. At some point you need to field a defense corps and the supply is limited.
                      We're talking about a dude that Babcock didn't want to play to the point he was a healthy scratch in the playoffs.

That doesn't sound like a particularly glowing recommendation. How hard it is to find a cheap black ace that you don't have to pay 3.75 million dollars for?

Comment

• Yes I realize he was a healthy scratch in one game as I recall. He was back in the lineup the next day. But he wasn't all that healthy in the first place, he missed a lot of time when he got hurt. He's better than a cheap Black Ace and you underestimate how hard tight the supply is for defenseman. Thats why Ryan Suter got so much damn money, he's not a 100 million player, but he's getting paid like one. There just isn't that many defenseman. The funny thing is people were calling for Lidstrom to take a pay cut. A total misread of the free agent market.

Quincey is a decent defensman. They are going to need him.

Comment

• 3.7 is about what I thought he was going to get from us. On the open market or arbitration he would've gotten more with this weak fa corps.

He had been playing really well in Colo but just never meshed midseason with us. We'll see how he does after a TC and starting the season of fresh.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I'd still like us to find a way to pry Bouwmeester from Calgary.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              Quincey is a decent defensman. They are going to need him.
                              The need more than a decent defenseman.

That's why getting Suter was so crucial this year.

This entire thing smacks of the 2010 NBA offseason. Once Joe D struck out, he blew all his coin on players that were not going to help the Pistons.

Same deal here. Bunch of cap space... and what do the Red Wings do with it? Jordan Tootoo? Mikael Samuelsson? Kyle Quincy? I am not the LEAST bit impressed with that clump of mediocrity. At ALL. None of them make the Wings a better team. It's just the same ol' same ol' that got bounced in the first round.

Yay?
                              Last edited by chemiclord; July 18, 2012, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Suter was crucial but the contracts he and his ass buddy signed are insane. 13 years and 90 friggin million. I'm sorry but this shit is getting out of control.

The Quincy deal isn't that bad and Tootoo will be a pain in the ass for teams on the 4th line.

The Sammy deal however sucks ball sack. I hate that contract in a big way. The only real plus is that he can play the point on the PP.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X