Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're on drugs.

Comment

• Burke has a ways to go to be near Taylor in overall game management. Taylor was the better player this last season regardless if he is trending down or flat.
      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• That's an easy way of saying you don't have anything to prove it. Not stats or head to head.

And that part isn't even true.

Comment

• You know what's also easy to say? You don't know basketball.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Clever.

Comment

• Taylor 14.7 PPG, 39.9% FG, 4.0 APG, 3.7 RPG, 35.5% 3FG

Burke 14.8 PPG, 43.7% FG, 4.6 APG, 3.5 RPG, 35.5% 3FG
              AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• and his defensive stats?
                Forever One!

Comment

• Burke had a great year. The kid is awesome. I'm very confident his college career will eclipse Taylors when all is said and done.

But that all being said, he just wasn't as good as Taylor was even when their stats are nearly identical. And that's even considering that defensively they are not that far away from one another.

The main reason Taylor was still the better player, when only looking at this year, is that Taylor managed his team with much more effectiveness and impact. He managed the flow of the whole game more often than not. He had a bigger impact on his team and how they played. Not that Burke wasn't important to UofM's season.. just not quite as important as Taylor was to wisconsin's.

It's entirely reasonable that Taylor got the PG spot on the all big ten team. It's not like Burke doesn't have a good case or that you would have to be a UofM slappy to think he should get it.. just IMO (and most big ten coaches) Taylor gets the slight nod (though you might be a UofM slappy to say "you're on drugs" to someone that thinks it's reasonable for Taylor to get the nod).

Comment

• Brooklyn .... you'd think someone who has perused this thread would have known better.
                    Forever One!

Comment

• Funny, Taylor didn't look all that efficient when he played against Burke....

Comment

• Stuckey > Kobe? You know better Kstat

Comment

• I do know better. And I never made that comparison. Have fun making shit up, though. You're on a roll with that so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
                            and his defensive stats?
                            Only remaining stats I could dig up:

Burke 0.9 SPG, 0.4 BPG, 1187 min, 92 TO

Taylor 1.0 SPG, 0.0 BPG, 1182 min, 53 TO

Jordan Taylor, as you would expect with him being a senior and all, is much better at this point at taking care of the basketball. Otherwise though, the stats across the board are as even as it gets. And one's a true freshman, and the other is a senior.

I really don't care about the Burke vs Taylor head to head argument by the way. Taylor's a fine player, and he has been outstanding the last 2 seasons. But safe to say, I think most Michigan fans (including myself) are absolutely ecstatic about the play of Burke and wouldn't trade him for anybody. Anybody.

Comment

• Taylor 14.7 PPG, 39.9% FG, 4.0 APG, 3.7 RPG, 35.5% 3FG, 1.0 SPG, 0.0 BPG, 1182 min, 53 TO

Burke 14.8 PPG, 43.7% FG, 4.6 APG, 3.5 RPG, 35.5% 3FG, 0.9 SPG, 0.4 BPG, 1187 min, 92 TO

Complete stat lines for this year.

Comment

• I wouldn't either ... Burke is the one guy on the U-M roster who I wish was wearing the Green & White.

Doesn't dissuade the fact that Taylor > Burke at this moment. Then again, wouldn't you expect that considering that Taylor is a senior and Burke a freshman?
                                Forever One!

Comment

Working...
                                X