• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Book...Forum Style

Jaadam - he is 8

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Coop, the best comment on here was about you staying strong for your son. Sometimes it isn't easy and you want to let the tears flow. You can, but not in front of him, ever. I do the same with my 8 year old. She doesn't need to know my condition right now. Obviously a little different situation, but in a way similiar. BTW, your boy is 8, my daughter is 8 and a huge Lions fan. If your boy is anything like you, it is ok for him to come calling in about 12-15 years.
      Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• This, no doubt is one of the most strangest of circumstances sir. With this, I don't know how else to be. We bring kids into this world and that binding contract means taking care of them, for all of the extent that that entails. Who knew with him it would be a double punch. (autism...oh wait.!! ding ding! bonus round for you LEUKEMIA!)

At this point we (as parents) really have no choice. he leans on us - and we have to be there for him.
        Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• I am not a man of God. I don't believe in that stuff about making one stronger. You are right, we both have binding contracts. We provide a path for the children we bring in to this world. If I am to die soon, I can only hope to have provided enough to my daughter to make her future fulfilling to what she hopes and dreams for in life. Your son needs exactly the same from you. Different situations, same end result. I hope you are there for his.

Comment

• You guys are both way stronger than I ever think I could be.
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Re: Family Book...Forum Style

Originally posted by DanO View Post
              You guys are both way stronger than I ever think I could be.
              Strong and scared may be synonymous in times like these.

Comment

• The scared part you'll get over - you'll always be strong.

A very dear friend of mine, An Army Colonel was diagnosed cancer throughout his abdomen. He was given six months to live. Once he got over being scared he decided to be string and fight the cancer with everything he has. Not provided much hope he took the path of major experimental survey in an attempt to cut out all the cancer - and there was a lot of it. He has a two foot "Y" scare that runs from his pelvis to his shoulders. Long story short, he's been cancer free for 12 years now, and he still serves the country he loves on active duty.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                  The scared part you'll get over - you'll always be strong.

A very dear friend of mine, An Army Colonel was diagnosed cancer throughout his abdomen. He was given six months to live. Once he got over being scared he decided to be string and fight the cancer with everything he has. Not provided much hope he took the path of major experimental survey in an attempt to cut out all the cancer - and there was a lot of it. He has a two foot "Y" scare that runs from his pelvis to his shoulders. Long story short, he's been cancer free for 12 years now, and he still serves the country he loves on active duty.
                  Fantastic story there, Dwt.

And similar with my ex mother in law. In 1973 she had breast cancer in both breasts, all sorts of other cancer in her womanly areas....., was told 8 months to a year, to live. Still alive today and is 71. She was labelled the "miracle woman of Longmore Hospital".

So, as Samuel L Jackson may say.... "Hang the fuck in there, Desert Lion."
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                    The scared part you'll get over - you'll always be strong.

Good story DWT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post

At this point we (as parents) really have no choice. he leans on us - and we have to be there for him.
                      That's tough man but I'm sure you guys are great parents. He'll gain strength in the two of you.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Good stories DWT, and Marko.

GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• My cousin was diagnosed with breast cancer 4 years ago at the age of 42. She had both removed even though there was cancer in only one. Her logic: There was a 50% chance she might develop it in the other brest so may as well be done with it all at once.

Two years later, my sister in-law had the same diagnosis at age 53 and did the same thing.

They have both been cancer free since surgeries and are both advocates for Breast Cancer awareness.

Brave women to go with both instead of the problematic area.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• My cousin had both removed as a preventative measure after testing showed she carried the gene for breast cancer. She was 33 and single. She's very courageous.
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Did I read somewhere that Angelina Jolie had this done? Or was I just dreaming about Angelina Jolies breasts again. Yes, probably that.
                              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• That does sound familiar, Marko.

Brave women Mark, and Deb. I knew a woman who had the same procedure. She actually asked me if I wanted to feel her new boobs. I declined. That just didn't seem right.
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X