No announcement yet.

OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a friend who bought the same model a couple months ago and is very happy with it. He's not very computer literate, however.

I'm still loving my Nokia Lumia 920, btw!! Best phone I've ever had.
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• My company provides the iPhone. I was going to port the number to a personal phone and pick up the line charge on a family plan. Decided not to in the end though because that would add around $60 to the bill (AT&T).

Currently working on convincing work to let me buy the phone and transfer my work SIM to the personal phone. That way they still pay the bill and I get to enjoy the drive in theater I carry around on my belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by PackFanInChiTown View Post
        I've grown tired of my iPhone 4 (3G) and have decided to try an Android phone (since I've never had one before which, as an IT guy, is a gap in my knowledge base).

Since my eyesight is getting worse I've decided to go with a bigger screen and have settled on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

Anyone have any thoughts/experiences with it?
        The SGNII is an amazing product. Hold out for the III if you can.
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• 3 would be great but I doubt it'll be available until October and frankly I don't wanna wait that long.

Comment

• Besides, as soon as you get the 3, they will leak the info on features for the 4...
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by PackFanInChiTown View Post
              3 would be great but I doubt it'll be available until October and frankly I don't wanna wait that long.
              As great as II is, the pressure is on Samsung to not use plastic in their flagship items. They need to move to metal components to keep up with the HTC One build and Apple iPhones as well.

III in an aluminum case would be, for me, the perfect product.
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Carbon fiber!

2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• TMO finally starts to put their big boy pants on and is now an Iphone carrier. getting a taste of local 3G finally. However, being late to this game they are now eyeballing LTE and next gen LTE. just about halved my cell bill, now on the official 5 and ebaying two unlocked phones to pay for the investment I thought would finally show some signs of fruition..

we'll see...
                  Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• That no-contract thing for TMO is a strong move, I guess the TMO/AT&T merger didn't happen so it makes sense.

Never heard of those carbon fiber cases, may have to check those out!

Adding metal to the Note would be a great move. I like the iPhone but don't care for the sealed case, the lack of expansion (SD card), and the limits they put on bluetooth devices you can add.

In other news I checked out the surface tablets but the fact they are WiFi only, (no cellular option), is a major turn off, especially considering the price. What would make those devices truly epic however would be the ability to join them to the domain and run most apps off them without having to go VDI.
                    Last edited by PackFanInChiTown; April 24, 2013, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• Adding metal to the Note would be a great move. I like the iPhone but don't care for the sealed case, the lack of expansion (SD card), and the limits they put on bluetooth devices you can add.
                      It is nice having a carbon fiber back on my Razr Max and a 64 GB card in the slot.
                      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Technology is pretty cool.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSCX78-8-q0"]A Boy And His Atom: The World's Smallest Movie - YouTube[/ame]
                        2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• that is awesome!

Comment

• Ugh that movie is horrible! Two thumbs down! ;)
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Yeah Michael Bay movies have more plot than that.
                              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• ouch that video hurt my ears and made me dizzy. wth?
                                Forever One!

Comment

Working...
                                X