No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanimal is def a player that looks like he'll work hard on his game his whole career. I think he'll be quite good over time, but that said, he repeatedly broke the offensive flow when the ball got to his hands last season. It rarely seemed like he had any idea how to work within SVGs offense - even later in the season. That said he was still plenty productive enough on both ends (just because he's that talented and plays that hard). If he does figure out team basketball and improve his shooting he really could be great.
    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Yeah, he has areas to improve. Still, pretty amazing when you consider he was 19 and just lost his mother. I'm hoping his hard work will show improvement.

Comment

• Tigers are done. Lions have always been done. Red Wings likely in rebuilding mode.

Time for the Pistons to shoulder the load of expectation again.

Saw a clip of Durant in the GS game last night. I hope it doesn't work.

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
          Tigers are done. Lions have always been done. Red Wings likely in rebuilding mode.

Time for the Pistons to shoulder the load of expectation again.

Saw a clip of Durant in the GS game last night. I hope it doesn't work.
          Same here. Durant couldn't beat the team he works for now when his old team was up, 3-1 on them. The choke job was partially his fault.
          "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
          My friend Ken L

Comment

• I hate to burst your bubbles but it's going to work. It worked in Boston and Miami when they built / signed super teams. What Golden State is about to do is epic. They're already a complete team built on ball movement and being unselfish.

Yes they'll have to gel but when they do its going to be insane.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Would any of the old school superstars have done it? Probably not but this is today's NBA and outside of Jordan they're dealing with farrrrrrrrrr more money than the old school players had on the line
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• We can't skip to the 2016/2017 NBA Finals for the predictable GS vs Cleveland rematch?
                The rest just seems like fluff.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                  Would any of the old school superstars have done it? Probably not but this is today's NBA and outside of Jordan they're dealing with farrrrrrrrrr more money than the old school players had on the line
                  Barkley did it. Drexler did it. Bird and Magic didn't have to do it. They were on stacked teams as it was.

Comment

• Mmm. I wouldn't consider that PHX team a super team by any stretch. Sir Charles was the superstar on that team.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Chuck went to Houston to play with Dream and Drexler.

Comment

I hate to burst your bubbles but it's going to work. It worked in Boston and Miami when they built / signed super teams. What Golden State is about to do is epic. They're already a complete team built on ball movement and being unselfish.

Yes they'll have to gel but when they do its going to be insane.
                        They might win a lot, but they lost a bit of their bench when they had to let Andrew Bogut go, so their bench is no where as deep as their Death Squad from last year

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        Barkley did it. Drexler did it. Bird and Magic didn't have to do it. They were on stacked teams as it was.
                        Thank former Pistons Head Coach Dick Vitale for foolishly trading sometime before he resigned or was fired in 1979, I forget which--the two First Round draft picks in 1980 to the Boston Celtics after M.L. Carr signed a Free Agent contract with Boston in 1979. Boston used those picks to get Robert Parish from the Golden State Warriors, and Kevin McHale, who was selected #3 overall. To this day, I can't stand Vitale, because I was a teen back in those days, and those teams he "built" were almost Millen like in ineptness.

At least the late Bill Davidson, the long time Detroit Pistons Owner, unlike William Clay Ford Sr., had the sense to realize something was wrong, and allowed Jack McCloskey to take over as General Manager after Vitale resigned and eventually built the first Bad Boys 2 Time NBA Championship team for Detroit.

Hell, even Joe Dumars, who was drafted in 1985 by Trader Jack McCloskey, eventually built a 3rd Championship with the Pistons before he lost his creative mojo and was let go a few years back.

I had always wished that Bill Davidson was running the Lions instead of Bill Ford Sr. due to the fact that Davidson would've eventually found the right people to run the Franchise and gotten Detroit a Super Bowl Championship.
                        Last edited by whatever_gong82; October 2, 2016, 11:19 PM.
                        My friend Ken L

Comment

• But had Vitale never traded those pics we never would have ended up with Isiah and the squad because the chips might not fall the same way.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

But had Vitale never traded those pics we never would have ended up with Isiah and the squad because the chips might not fall the same way.
                            True, but if Detroit could've gotten Parish and McHale with a Jack McCloskey built team?? And then to have Chuck Daly as Head Coach??

It boggles the mind. I would hope that we would still be able to draft Isiah, Joe Dumars, John Salley, and Dennis Rodman, and trade for Bill Laimbeer and Rick Mahorn, Mark Aguirre, James Edwards, Vinnie Johnson, like we did for real and have John Long as a valued reserve.

That would make that talk of the Golden State Warriors being a Super Team be nothing but talk. In a weird way, the Lakers and Celtics teams of the 1980s were the Original "Super Teams," because they were stacked with Hall Of Famers up and down the Roster.
                            My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                              Chuck went to Houston to play with Dream and Drexler.
                              true but by then all were in their mid 30's and at the tail end of their careers.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                                Chuck went to Houston to play with Dream and Drexler.
                                And when Drexler retired they replaced him with Scottie pippen.

Comment

Working...
                                X