Forum Greatest Hits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Greatest Hits

I don't know/don't rememberif we have done anything like this before. In honor of it being a random day in June, I propose a thread dedicated to the best posts we have had in the forums history.

I know many of you were together prior to the beginning of this place in 2004, and if you have stuff from back then, that would be interesting as well.

This can be anything, from epic hilarious posts, to rediculous troll posts, to the emotional and eloquent.

I would prefer if we kept it copy paste, it will give the peeps that browse this forum while at work something to look at without the click-through. Context posts are acceptable as well, if they set up a good response.

I think it would be fun to look back on some of the stuff written on here. We have hundreds of pages archived with some awesome stuff in it, and Kansas even has his own thread. As much as I disagree with some (most) of you on some things (everything), most folks around here have a pretty damn good grasp of the written word.

A couple of things I remember off of the top of my head:

Pittman 4 two and the Tampa Bay trolls, that conversation was the reason I joined this forum.

Kansas' front office conversations

Gonz fighting everyone and then going camping for 4 months

The Strategy Expert
    1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Your "assholes believe" thread must be in the Top 10, GJ?
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
      Your "assholes believe" thread must be in the Top 10, GJ?
      Sure, but I am looking more for archived and older type stuff. No need to rip off the front page.

Comment

JRoss' meltdown/exit.

World crossing taking a dump on the eve of the draft forcing us on a back-up with some Latin flavor where I posted under the name of Aurelio Velasquez.

Comment

Larsky's forum awards.

PC Dave. I joined about the time he left. He seemed to hate the world in general but had a loyal following.

Comment

here you go http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/for...earchid=181262
            The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post

Link is broken

Also, are there links to any of this stuff?

Comment

seek the archive
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

Jslim's profanity laden rants.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                    seek the archive
                    Right...thats the point of this thread. To bring some of those posts out of retirement and show some quality work. Can't find stuff when you don't know what you are looking for. Hence me asking other people.

Comment

Hi Detroit fans, I'm Pittman4Two.

Of course, as you can probably and candidly tell, I'm a Bucs fan. I really do miss our yearly meetings when we used to play against each other, but now I need a favor. I need you to expose these udderly weak Dallas Cowboys.

They’ve been so lucky this season that it has made me so sick that I’m starting to get sick literally as well as in a true sense. They have a quarterback that is so predictably predictable. He’ll only do one of two things. He’ll hand the ball off to his running back or he’ll drop back to pass or he’ll scramble. It’s evident that the Lions defensive line can get through that swiss cheese offensive line and get to Bledsoe so easily that it’ll be easy as pie.

If I were you, I’d use Spielman as a spy on Bledsoe. He’ll be able to signal the other guys on what Bledsoe will be doing before he does it. I would also suggest you disguise your defense somehow by allowing only your secondary and LB (linebackers) to cover people while the DL and LB’ers will rush the quarterback in order to tackle him and get a sack or tackle the QB behind the line of scrimmage.

I like the move to start Jeff Harrison on your squad. The guy is a playmaker. I saw him play college ball back when he was in college and he was lights out. He’s definitely the leader of your franchise and possibly an MVP candidate. I’d like to see more production out of your running game though. Kevin Jones is a little sparkplug but is he the answer? The future will tell the tell. Anywho, on offense you need to expose the Cowboys weak secondary, linebacking corpse, defensive line, and finally, the secondary. Roy Williams is so overrated that he makes Ed Reed look like a superstar. The linebacking corpse of Shanle, Win, and the other guys are ok but they really don’t have the speed to be successful in the NFL League. Leroy Glover, Greg Ellis, and the other guy shore up the defensive line which is penetrable as well as exposeful against the run. Look for Bryson to get a 1 bill for this one.

So, you guys tell me, are you going to win this one for me? I’d appreciate it.

I still haven't seen any indication on how you guys are going to help out the Bucs by beating up those overrated turkeys in Big D.

Let me help you:

1. QB - Drew Bledsoe - Overrated. Old. Never been anything but a constant overachiever. He was lucky Tom Brady won him a Super Bowl.

2. RB - Julian Jones - Hurt and injured. He may play this week but there's on way in Haiti he performs at a high level. Marion Barber III is a fumbler and he's easy to tackle. Go for his legs, that brings him down every time.

3. WR - Keyshawn Johnson - Top drawer WR. I miss him here in Tampa. He's a threat to take it to the house any time. Watch him on reverses also.

4. WR - Terry Glenn - Another old guy. Slow. Not much of a threat in the running game.

5. TE - Jason Witten - good receiver, ok blocker, horrible tackler.

Defense:

1. SS - Roy Williams - Exposed against the Eagles for being slow on his way to the endzone. Take advantage of that lack of speed.

2. Leroy Glover - Another old guy that hasn't never amounted to much except a bridesmaid to Norman Hand.

3. Dat Win - LB - He's injured, but he's smart. He yells obsentities to get the QB off track. Harrison will need to keep his head in the game and block out Win.

4. Terrence Newman - CB - This guy is barely a blip on a cheap radar system. Throw at him all day long. Look at the stats. He hasn't done nothing.

5. Anthony Henry - CB - who?

Special Teams

1. Shawn Sushisam - K - he'll kick...that's it.

2. Mark McBriar - P - He's the punter. Take advantage of it.
                      My two favorites from that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                        Fuck the USMNT. Fuck Scotland, fuck Hibernian FC and fuck soccer. Close this stupid fucking shitty thread.
                        Fairly recent but a classic for the ages. The best part about Marko69 posts is that you sometimes have to use an English to English translator to understand them but I can always identify with the pain and loathing. What is funnier than a common agony? Top 10 in my book.
                        Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

'Where's SoCal?' was funny. So was the psycho rob stuff.

Comment

DanO's BALLS!
                            "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
                              JRoss' meltdown/exit.

World crossing taking a dump on the eve of the draft forcing us on a back-up with some Latin flavor where I posted under the name of Aurelio Velasquez.

That had to be an epic meltdown night, I can see now, why only the strong survive! lmao

Comment

Working...
                              X