No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holey smokes that's impressive LFIJ. So that's what all those doodles say?

I did get the 82 part decoded..

Comment

• An 82 is better than my English grades

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
        An 82 is better than my English grades
        Silly me, I never got the 82 age year...Still that's about what my English grade was and 82 still puts my IQ higher than a couple in here.

Comment

• Motivation guru Zig Ziglar dies at 86

By Alan Duke, CNN
          updated 2:47 PM EST, Thu November 29, 2012

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
          • Self-described "Undisputed King of Motivation" was known for his seminars
          • He wrote more than two dozen books on salesmanship and motivation
          • "Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street" is one of many famous Ziglar quotes

(CNN) -- Motivational speaker and author Zig Ziglar died Wednesday in Dallas "after a short bout with pneumonia," his spokesman said. He was 86.
          The self-described "Undisputed King of Motivation" was known for his seminars, which grew into large gatherings held in packed arenas.
          Ziglar wrote more than two dozen books on salesmanship and motivation over five decades.
          He spread his message of positive attitude, motivation and success through stories punctuated with short quotes that became legendary among his followers, such as:
          • "Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street."
          • "Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have."
          • "Of course motivation is not permanent. But then, neither is bathing; but it is something you should do on a regular basis."
          After suffering injuries in a fall in 2007, Ziglar continued his tour schedule with fewer events and help from his daughter onstage.
          He was born Hilary Hinton Ziglar in Coffee County, Alabama. His family moved to Yazoo City, Mississippi, and later to New York City.
          In his autobiography, Ziglar described a challenging childhood that taught him to connect with people.
          Ziglar was 'simply the best'
          He began speaking in public as a salesman in the 1950s, although his professional speaking career did not start until the 1970s.
          A collection of Ziglar quotes pulled from social media users is displayed at the top of this story. If you are unable to see the quotes, please click here.
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Rip Zig.
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Drake Taylor serves as inspiration to community
              By WEEK Producer

November 29, 2012
              Updated Nov 29, 2012 at 9:30 PM CST
              PEORIA, Ill. -- In our jobs of bring you the news, we get the opportunity to meet all sorts of people and to bring their stories to you, our viewers.

About four years ago, we introduced you to 14-year-old Drake Taylor.
              News Now Digital Daily - subscribe to our daily newsletter
              He had just won several gold medals in the Special Olympics.

He had a rare form of dwarfism and was also diagnosed with Moya-Moya, a rare blood vessel disorder.

Drake had surgery in 2008 and some of you helped out with his expenses at a benefit.

However, the surgery was unable to stop the disease as Wednesday afternoon, Drake passed away at age 18.

I met Drake about 8 years ago, he was the nephew of the shop owner where I worked. He had what was called primordial dwarfism, and as of the other day he was one of the oldest male primordial dwarfs in the world. Most people with this condition never live past 20 years of age, and even though all of us knew this day was coming, it is still tough.

I last spoke to him earlier this month, and he was in good spirits and feeling great. He was one of those guys who lived life large, and was a really great friend. Like most people who are considered "special needs" he never acted that way, and wanted to be treated like everyone else.

Considering Drake's age as one of the oldest primordial dwarfs in the world, and that he has been featured on numerous hunting shows I though to put this news here. I was even able to work on one of those Extreme Home Makeover shows because I knew Drake. He will be greatly missed.

Here are a couple of videos of Drake so you can see how he lived. Please pray for his family and friends. Tough days are ahead.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_vKCk2M9zY"]Huntin' is Good! with Drake Taylor - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yETv_z5-sTo"]Drake Taylor a Special Bowfisher - YouTube[/ame]
              AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
              2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
              3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
              4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
              5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
              6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
              7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Nice tribute Islair, God takes the good ones.
                "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• I,

Sorry about the loss of your friend.
                  19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Sorry, Is.
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Nice videos. What a great guy, Islair.

Comment

• Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher 25..According to police he took his own life allegedly shooting his girlfriend.

Comment

• Very nice, Islair. Sorry for your loss.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Sorry to hear about Drake's passing, Islair. Sounds like he was someone who maximized his limited time here. We all should aspire to do the same.
                            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Sorry Is.
                              ------------
                              <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Thanks everyone. Drake really did touch every person he met. Just one of those guys that always had a bright outlook on things, and really made you think about taking advantage of the days you have.

All the prayers and well wishes are appreciated. Thank you.
                                AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                                2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                                3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                                4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                                5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                                6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                                7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

Working...
                                X