No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pittsburgh blew 3-0 lead, Fleury mishandles the puck behind his net resulting in the tying goal with 22 seconds left. Unless Pittsburgh suddenly finds some shutdown playoff goaltending , another playoff choke is on the horizon.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
      As OP pointed out Ryan Getzlaf played after getting hit it the face with the puck. Gallant effort wearing a face-mask but - This NHL plaoffs is 'The Art of War' -Dallas attacked the weak and Getzlaf wasn't in the lineup last night and Dallas won.

If I waas an NHL owner, I wouldn't trade a single Getzlaf for a dozen Ovechkins.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Fleury mishandles the puck behind his net resulting in the tying goal with 22 seconds left.
        The OT goal was definitely a soft goal too

Comment

• Zetterberg expected to play 'limited minutes' for Red Wings tonight

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2zq7dFwpX

Comment

• Fleury has choked over the last 4 years in playoffs, if Pittsburgh doesn't reach the ECF or SCF , Bylsma & The Flower will be looking for work.

Vohoun played incredibly well last year to save Fleury's ass but he hasn't played a single game this season on IR with a blood clot although he's cleared to play.

To little too late for Zetterberg, Boston is playing like a machine right now.

Comment

• 1-0 good guys, 5 left in the first. A lot of non-calls, looks like the refs are going to let them play. Don't know if that's a good thing as physical as the Bruins are.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• 38-8 for the good guys when scoring first since 2008. I'll take it!

Comment

• What is with Zetterberg and that Amish beard?

Hard to imagine the Wings erasing 3-1 series deficit.

[Youtube]77fh8sevn6E[/Youtube]
                  Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 25, 2014, 05:06 AM.

Comment

• 4 goals in four games. I didn't expect us to win this series but this is worse than I thought. They look like they don't care. Red Wings are the worst looking team in the playoffs.

Comment

• It's the biggest mismatch in the playoffs.

Comment

• Not really. With the injury factor having been drastically reduced, the Red Wings should at least look like they belong. Like I said, I didn't expect them to win the series, but I at least expected them to make Boston nervous.

Comment

• They have a whole roster of young guys who aren't ready, without great talent and old guys who aren't who they used to by. And Zetterberg is about 60% tops. They have no difference makers besides Datsyuk.

Comment

• Wings crash and burn, frankly Boston has been on a roll since the Olympic break.

Nice to see Hank limp back into the lineup, King Carl Gustav could really use the help at the European Championships now that the NHL club that has paid him millions has been eliminated, provided you're up for it Hank?

Comment

• Rookie sensation, 18 - year old Nathan MacKinnon leads the NHL playoffs in scoring as he added the OT winner against the Wild , while adding 2 assists.

BTW NM is carrying the mail without Gold Medal Champion Matt Duchene, still sidelined with a knee injury although Pat Roy has him skating again.

Kid thinks he's Gretzky.....no real surprise, Crosby, MacKinnon & Duchene train together in the off-season.
                              Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 27, 2014, 03:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                                Rookie sensation, 18 - year old Nathan MacKinnon leads the NHL playoffs in scoring as he added the OT winner against the Wild , while adding 2 assists.

BTW NM is carrying the mail without Gold Medal Champion Matt Duchene, still sidelined with a knee injury although Pat Roy has him skating again.

Kid thinks he's Gretzky.....no real surprise, Crosby, MacKinnon & Duchene train together in the off-season.
                                Absolutely destroying opposition defenders with speed to burn!

Comment

Working...
                                X