No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weasel, the Oilers have been hamstrung since their 2006 SCF by 1/2 measures and poor management, that is clearly over.

Eberle, Hall, Nugent-Hopkins less Yakupov (so far) are world-class. The team is short 5 defensemen and a quality goaltender. Given the salary cap and currency parity more or less, it's doable, state-of-the-art arena, frosting!

They've got the coach and management team to make it happen.....Pronger and Stoll exodus hurt the market's perception in terms of desirability.
    "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• 9 Stanley Cup Winner Scotty Bowman comments on Babcock taking the TO job. Scotty was only making 90k his last year with the Habs, unreal .

Comment

• What a great game again tonight, Chicago wins 5-4 in double overtime. The winner of this series is going to win the cup, there's no doubt about it. I'm pretty pissed off, though I think the Ducks will win in a Game seven.

This one is for you Packy, Probie the most feared man in hockey!

Troy Crowder had his 15 minutes of fame when he caught Probert with a right hand (Probert's skate was stuck on a fallen stick on the ice) in New Jersey. The officials jumped in before Probert could do any damage (which was sure to come). This was the undercard before the Tie Domi series, both ended up the same way.

[ame]https://youtu.be/fpLUv1dADV8[/ame]

Comment

• Bolts take crucial game 5 from the Blueshirts 2-0 in MSG yesterday to take a strangle hold on the series. Stamkos comes alive scoring 14 pts over his last 10 playoff games and sits a point off the Playoff Scoring Race at 17. Rangers need back-to-back wins now in order to advance to the SCF. Good luck with that.

Dan Bylsma owns a .668 regular season winning percentage, achieved in tandem with Shero, which currently ranks higher than the elite likes of Mike Babcock, Bruce Boudreau, and Todd McLellan. Buffalo looks to be interested, Wings should give him some thought, Michigan native.

Hawks / Ducks tonight, should be a beauty!

Comment

• Bylsma is an interesting option. I just wish I wasn't reminded of 2009 every time I see his stupid goddamn face.
            Last edited by Mike; May 25, 2015, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• "It’s not personal, Sonny. It’s strictly business." -Godfather

I like to think of myself as Duvall but with a luxurious head of hair.

Last edited by Prime2; May 25, 2015, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• That's exactly how I would rationalize it. It would be a weird situation but I'd consider a very good hire. Someone mentioned Bylsma to Holland during his presser to address Babcock leaving and he said "that's a very good name" in response to a list of 2 or 3 people he'll make. I still think it's Blashill and I'm cool with that, too.

Comment

• Another classic, Ducks win the hard way in OT 5-4 giving up 2 goals with Chicago's Crawford pulled. Blackhawks finally lose in OT!!

Comment

• Bylsma is still getting paid by the Pens surprised he hasn't taken a HC position yet. Blashill may make the jump to the Bigs but with Bylsma you know you've got a Cup winner.

What a game, Getzlaf and Toews deliver while Perry and Kane go scoreless.
                    Last edited by Prime2; May 26, 2015, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• The West is the SCF, IMO. Great series.

Comment

• Not that I'm a Blackhawks fan by any stretch of the imagination, but with the Wings out I want an Original Six finals. Disneyland Team vs Team From A Land That Has Never Seen Ice.

Bleh.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• The West is the SCF, IMO. Great series.

I agree with Mike's statement. It is just like last year - Chicago v LA.
                          I know this is dangerous talk on this board, but I am living in the Chicagoland area, and the Blackhawks have been a lot of fun to watch for the past 6-7 years. Toews is easily the best captain in Blackhawks history. His desire to win is off the charts, and his attitude has definitely filtered through to the rest of the team. This is Chicago?s golden era.

Comment

• I hope Chicago makes it back to the finals. If they're not playing the Rangers, I hope they win there too.

Ducks vs Bolts sounds like a junior high Quizbusters matchup, not the SCF.
                            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• My thoughts exactly, Jon.

Comment

• My hate for the Blackhawks runs too deep. I live in northern Wisconsin. Obnoxious Chicago people are up here on the weekends. Go Ducks...
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X