No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My apologies. Some of us are going to root for our team this season, instead of bitching and throwing up our hands in the air, feeling hopeless in order to make dwt happy.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
      Because there is pretty much NOTHING in terms of evidence to support the "Stafford is garbage" narrative. The only thing that kinda sorta has legs is the entire record against winning teams argument... presuming you want to ignore that the Lions team as a WHOLE has largely been shite for most of his career.

By pretty much every metric or independent measure, Stafford is an above-average, maybe second tier QB, on par with players like Jay Cutler, Eli Manning, and Joe Flacco. There's nothing particularly wrong with those guys outside of them not being "elite." They're guys that need more help than say, Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady, but you can certainly win playoff games (and even championships) with them.

No one is against replacing Stafford with someone better. But that "someone better" is a MUCH smaller list than DWT wants us to believe. So that's why we want a name... so we can demonstrate why that player is objectively worse and would make the team worse as a result.

We're basically calling him on his bullshit, and he hates that. He wants us to believe he has some grand understanding of the game that is beyond question or reproach, when in reality he has nothing but empty platitudes and circular logic.
      Look at the metrics more closely, you will find they are pretty much all are driven by repetition - not competency. Stafford's stats aren't much different than Cousins, who is getting franchise tagged for throwing 250 balls within less than 5 yards from the LOS - and he STILL has a higher yards in the air stat than Stafford last year.

It's the case not only in Detroit but league wide for the "average" QB's in the league. Yes, Stafford at best is average - unless you think you can be above average with a 3-32 record against teams with a winning record. An above average QB surely could carry his team more times than that - especially when he's got Calvin for an entire career to this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
        Look at the metrics more closely, you will find they are pretty much all are driven by repetition - not competency. Stafford's stats aren't much different than Cousins, who is getting franchise tagged for throwing 250 balls within less than 5 yards from the LOS - and he STILL has a higher yards in the air stat than Stafford last year.

It's the case not only in Detroit but league wide for the "average" QB's in the league. Yes, Stafford at best is average - unless you think you can be above average with a 3-32 record against teams with a winning record. An above average QB surely could carry his team more times than that - especially when he's got Calvin for an entire career to this point.
        Then surely you can give us a name that improves the QB position. Come on, if he's just "average" then it can't be that hard to find a upgrade.

Oh right. You can't. Because he's better than "average." You just can't bring yourself to admit it because you're bitter that the Lions suck ass and you need your scapegoat to blame.

With a team that has stunk worse than any professional franchise in damn near the history of ever... no, you CAN'T do better than 3-32. Cousins would be 0-35 in that same span with the sort of teams and coaches the Lions have fielded.

I mean, we've already played this game. Detroit Lions players have been so shitacular awful that the number of players who have been starting caliber for a championship team elsewhere in the last two decades can literally be counted on one hand. No Lions head coach has EVER been hired as a NFL head coach after their tenure with the Lions. This franchise has been so terribly built and horribly mismanaged that even when they DO get elite players, there's no guarantee the Lions can keep them.
        Last edited by chemiclord; June 4, 2016, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Damn, I half hope Stafford is released when his contract runs out in 2017 to see what happens when he is on a different team, and vice-versa. It might be hilarious, and not for the reasons the Stafford-haters club thinks.

Playing with Jerrah's boys (and the refs fresh off the fun wagon) I suspect he might have some success.

We might get to embark on the Andre Ware 2 project.
          Last edited by dpatnod; June 4, 2016, 06:44 PM.
          Lions Fans.

Comment

• Additional note:

It is a FACT that you can't win a championship with 'someone else' and 'I don't know, I'm not a GM (and am just talking out my ass)' playing quarterback.

And would that Jersey read "Else III" on the back in case I want to order one?
            Last edited by dpatnod; June 4, 2016, 06:52 PM.
            Lions Fans.

Comment

• Right now the QB situation is so bad that Ryan Fitzpatrick is holding the Jets hostage. Yes you need to supply a name of someone who would be better, if they waive Stafford and start Orlovsky they will win 2 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                I'll say this again, if DWT thinks Stafford is the problem, it doesn't matter WHO replaces him because as long as Stafford is the problem, he's the problem - not the solution.
                So then why not advocate for going with Orlovsky? Anyone will do, correct? So get rid of the problem. But you have to deal with that replacement part of the equation - like it or not. It's reality.

Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                He doesn't have to state who the SAVIOR is
                So we are not allowed to talk about how to have removing Stafford have a net positive outcome?

Ever managed employees? You can fire someone, sure. But you need employees to keep the doors open. So you gotta put someone there.

Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                which is fucking impossible if you've been following this team for the last 50 years.
                And the same shit will be said of 'someone else' because it takes a complete team to succeed - which has been Detroit's shortfall. You just said yourself - it doesn't matter who the qb is because the franchise is a sad sack we are stupid enough to follow. Payton Manning just won a Superbowl in a wheelchair with a veterinary cone over his head, FFS. Why? Because his team was strong, and he was adequate, not 'elite'.

QB Charlie Batch has a Superbowl ring after leaving the Lions. Drew Stanton is now on a team that is pretty respectable. Erik Kramer while a Lion was at one time the most accurate passer in the NFL. The one guy is just that - one guy. You can't just get the 'one guy' and fill the rest of the team with the homeless guys living outside the stadium and succeed. That is more the problem with the Lions, imo. A star or two, and a bunch of jags. For decades.

But it ACTUALLY seems like that is finally changing with Quinn (who by the way comes from an 'elite' team with an 'elite' quarterback, and has decided, with his vast experience compared to any of us jack-holes discussing this, there is not a viable replacement at this time). He might have a leg up on DWT in the QB-planning wisdom department. Denver had a thing called a team. Not the 'one guy who makes nothing else matter'. But carry on. Burn your figure in effigy.
                Last edited by dpatnod; June 4, 2016, 08:44 PM.
                Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  Right now the QB situation is so bad that Ryan Fitzpatrick is holding the Jets hostage. Yes you need to supply a name of someone who would be better, if they waive Stafford and start Orlovsky they will win 2 games.
                  ......two preseason games, maybe.
                  "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    Right now the QB situation is so bad that Ryan Fitzpatrick is holding the Jets hostage. Yes you need to supply a name of someone who would be better, if they waive Stafford and start Orlovsky they will win 2 games.
                    So, then the trick will be to cut Orlovsky, and play 'someone else' entirely.

Boom. Superbowl coming NOW for sure, amiright? How did us fools doubt the great all-knowing force among us?

Hey ....... waittttttaminute!!!!!!! Haven't we done this before?
                    Last edited by dpatnod; June 4, 2016, 07:38 PM.
                    Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                      Maybe you guys should go play chess.

I'll play Chess! :D
                      Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
                        ......two preseason games, maybe.
                        No way. 4-0 Preseason, with only 13 arrests and 1 Prater/Glasgow DUI incident. 1-15 season.

Sign me up! Woo-hoo! F Stafford, mate!
                        Lions Fans.

Comment

• Just to clarify, the DUI incident is a park bench being taken out when a tipsy Prater picking up Glasgow from an AA meeting stops for pizza on the way home.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by dpatnod; June 4, 2016, 11:09 PM.
                          Lions Fans.

Comment

• C'mon that's funny. I don't care who you are.

So, actually it turns out we are screwed. Denver figured out that Prater Sux, and you can't win with him. It, apparently is a FACT, so we are thoroughly damned. My bad. They got rid of him and look at them now! Dang!

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like we should just go ahead and start trying to find some kind of entertainment in Nascar and ignore the up-coming NFL season completely and enjoy living the simple Harry Boyle life.
                            Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                              There is no agreed upon definition of a dynasty
                              So why are you using that word, duh?

Wanna start over?

I'll start you off.. Elite something or other. Making players around him better, somehow. Not sucking. That is the QB we want.

Did I miss anything?
                              Last edited by dpatnod; June 4, 2016, 11:44 PM.
                              Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                                Fking BINGO in my eyes. ^^^^

Just can't seem to work out why people are demanding a replacement name.

I think the only issue here is that probably way over 75% of the Lions fanbase rate Stafford and it's seen as argumentative, (or trolling) to disagree with the masses.

Telling you, I wish some of the so called "twats" in other sports forums threw out stats like DWT......., if his stat posts are all shite, then he deserves a fking prize for being filled with the most BS.
                                Happy as shit you are posting again you freaking bausack. And bless your heart, you don't get why someone has to be put in place if you change the lineup.

But if you think dwt is right about anything your fricking skirt is cutting off the circulation 'down there'. Please be careful.

Remember that 80% of the draft viewers only have 12% of the nacho supply available in the freaking United States of America! God is a Boob Man. Apparently, I was told.
                                Lions Fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X