No announcement yet.

Family Book...Forum Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "DanO - we at points could definitely use a meal. He will be here for the next month full time at a minimum. I will pm you our cell numbers, as we will be splitting time."
    --------------------------------I'm here for you buddy.
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
      "DanO - we at points could definitely use a meal. He will be here for the next month full time at a minimum. I will pm you our cell numbers, as we will be splitting time."
      --------------------------------I'm here for you buddy.
      You are some damn good people, DanO.
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• It's the least I can do.
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Sorry to read the update DL, keep fighting. Hope the treatment goes well Coop.

for DanO

One thing I didn't realise was how much blood and platelets are needed, my Dads having quite a bit of it at the moment. I've always donated but always thought most of it would be used for emergencys.
          AAL Quintez Cephus
          If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
            Aww, Coop. Hope the therapy at UofM brings new hope.
            +1
            Gamer dad, like a normal dad, only much cooler / Gamers don't die they respawn
            🎮 PSN: Thiaugux - 🏆 118 Platinum Trophies
            https://psnprofiles.com/Thiaugux

Comment

• "I've always donated but always thought most of it would be used for emergencys."
              ----------------------------I have an appointment for Saturday. Started donating when I was in high school. Had to take a reprieve when my bloop pressure went high but I got that straightened out.
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• spam alert. buy your 50-50 ticket n the forum fundraiser thread

Comment

• I have to tell you all this. At the beginning of the game I was feeling pretty crappy from the double doses of Radiation this week. I posted earlier that I wasn't even going to stay up on the GD thread. I was thinking about taking a nap and watch the DVR later but as the got to the 2nd qtr, the Tigers were also winning, I actually started and still am feeling better. I've posted more today than in the last month combined. I guess a little push of the positive had a good effect on me. Kind of weird, but it got me through what started out as pretty shitty day. Because I lost my voice a couple days due to the radiation around my throat, the wife, kids, and dogs didn't even go in hidding. Lol
                  Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Hope tomorrow is even better, DL. Keep up the good fight sir.
                    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Glad to hear that you had a good day DL.
                      Gamer dad, like a normal dad, only much cooler / Gamers don't die they respawn
                      🎮 PSN: Thiaugux - 🏆 118 Platinum Trophies
                      https://psnprofiles.com/Thiaugux

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                        Hope tomorrow is even better, DL. Keep up the good fight sir.

Comment

• I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Went to the Wembley game yesterday, Raiders were terrible, possibly the worst team I've seen in the International Series. However they have a something called "Party Patrol" where they come out and fire about 4 or 5 wrapped up T-Shirts into the crowd using a pneumatic gun type thing a few times during the game. Anyway, I made my sons day when one came our way, I leapt and took it at its apex, one handed, amongst a sea of hands/bodies!! I've still got it (Skills that is, not the shirt) It's massive on my son, but didn't stop him wearing it on the train home)

Here he is holding it bundled up still

My friend sons won a Hologramed Super Bowl ticket in acrylic for getting 5 out 5 throws through a hole too so goodies all round!

Although I got home to find out my dad had to be taken in as his temps shot up. He's been given a load of anti-biotics and blood today. Feeling a bit strange really has I have some great memories of going to the old Wembley with my dad when I was young.
                            Last edited by DeanUK; September 30, 2014, 04:23 AM. Reason: Sorted out picture (hopefully!)
                            AAL Quintez Cephus
                            If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Very cool, Dean!!

I think you linked to a password-protected photo site, though. The image won't display.
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Feeling a bit strange really has I have some great memories of going to the old Wembley with my dad when I was young.

Nice Dean, you will always have those memories of being with your Dad at Wembley. I have mentioned this once quite some time ago, but when I heard the Tigers were going to stop playing at Tiger Stadium, and probably tear it down, I checked to see when they were playing at home next, and found some great last minute prices on airfare out of Atlanta to Detroit for the very next day. This was at 9PM the night before.

Up before dawn for the trip to Atlanta, then on to Detroit, to a rental car, and on to the stadium for a 1PM game. It was great because my oldest son was about the same age I was when I last visited the stadium. It was a memorable day, to say the least. We didn't get home until after midnight. The return trip had a plane with mechanical issues, so we had a big delay getting off the ground. Still, I would not have done it any other way.

Comment

Working...
                                X