OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haha, cute

I received a couple of those "This is Microsoft Security calling to let you know your computer is badly infected with a virus" calls last year. I didn't humor them like that guy did. I just calmly explained to the very foreign person on the other side of a terrible connection that they were likely going to hell for trying to scam honest people out of their money. Slimeballs.
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I can't wait to buy one of these. I'm such a geek...

[ame]https://youtu.be/oKqzeoMCU0c[/ame]
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• I'm investing in coffee tables NOW!!

Does look fun!
        AAL Quintez Cephus
        If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
          I can't wait to buy one of these. I'm such a geek...

https://youtu.be/oKqzeoMCU0c

Each has their own taste, and I always try to get the latest useful tech I can. But sitting in a room with others wearing goggles isn't for me. I can only imagine the $$$ you would have to pour out to buy a set for everyone.

3D TV failed because of lack of 3D video and the silly glasses most systems required.

4K TV is having a hard time because the video sources are so few. Heck Satellite TV and most cable companies still charge a premium for HD, you just don't know until you look at your bill.
          Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• I picked up a Galaxy Note Edge phone yesterday. Thought about it ever since that phone came out ... been waiting to upgrade for awhile as the Note 2 stood the test of time quite well. I'm not even a big user of the S-Pen, but do like bigger phones for the screen ... and the Edge just caught my eye immediately. It's so much more functional than the other 'Edge' phones ... the side panel gives you the easiest way to switch between apps of any phone out there, and it just looks great.

Funny thing is I'm still using the Note 2 until I can fix on the proper case and possibly screen protector for the Edge ... anybody have experiences with the Samsung flip wallet cover? Looks like a good way to go, but I'm a bit concerned that it doesn't actually cover the edge part of the screen.
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• That's really just one application for it, and not really a "main" one for me. The idea of augmented reality for interacting with people or gaming looks so cool.

From what I've read, the FOV is very limited, but that video did a decent job of showing that aspect of it.

Hopefully it's not ridiculously expensive when it comes out, but I'm sure I'll get one eventually.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                I picked up a Galaxy Note Edge phone yesterday. Thought about it ever since that phone came out ... been waiting to upgrade for awhile as the Note 2 stood the test of time quite well. I'm not even a big user of the S-Pen, but do like bigger phones for the screen ... and the Edge just caught my eye immediately. It's so much more functional than the other 'Edge' phones ... the side panel gives you the easiest way to switch between apps of any phone out there, and it just looks great.

Funny thing is I'm still using the Note 2 until I can fix on the proper case and possibly screen protector for the Edge ... anybody have experiences with the Samsung flip wallet cover? Looks like a good way to go, but I'm a bit concerned that it doesn't actually cover the edge part of the screen.
                I have the Galaxy S6 Active and have been very happy with it. The Edge was pretty but I liked the bigger battery and durability of the Active model. Anywho, my friend has an S5 with the flip cover and likes it a lot. I have no idea how it works with an Edge version though.
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                  I have the Galaxy S6 Active and have been very happy with it. The Edge was pretty but I liked the bigger battery and durability of the Active model. Anywho, my friend has an S5 with the flip cover and likes it a lot. I have no idea how it works with an Edge version though.
                  Could be a tricky one to find case/cover for, thanks Deb.

Comment

• Seems like it's reviewed very well on amazon (but if you buy it from there, make sure to use the link on the forum!). The biggest issue people seem to have is that if you take a picture, you have to let the cover "dangle" since if you flip it up it'll cover over the lens.

Comment

• I have had every series of the note and my fave is the 4. I liked the look of the edge version but the cover selections were poor. Plus at that time they didn't have the window cover version which is the bomb if u ask me.

They might have it for the edge now but they didn't offer it for the S6 edge either.

BTW I like the removable battery on the 4. I took back the 5 after 8 days but that was all due to the battery.

I assume I need to run this as long as I can as the removable battery will be gone from almost all phones.
                      Last edited by The Ken; February 3, 2016, 08:35 PM.
                      Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

That's really just one application for it, and not really a "main" one for me. The idea of augmented reality for interacting with people or gaming looks so cool.

From what I've read, the FOV is very limited, but that video did a decent job of showing that aspect of it.

Hopefully it's not ridiculously expensive when it comes out, but I'm sure I'll get one eventually.
                        Hey if you lived next door in would try it out for sure, maybe a few times.
                        Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

Seems like it's reviewed very well on amazon (but if you buy it from there, make sure to use the link on the forum!). The biggest issue people seem to have is that if you take a picture, you have to let the cover "dangle" since if you flip it up it'll cover over the lens.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy...sortBy=helpful
                          Thanks. Question ... can I buy from Amazon.ca and still have it benefit the forum?

Comment

• It is my understanding that as long as you go to the Amazon site from the link at the top of the page, you purchase will qualify.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                              Thanks. Question ... can I buy from Amazon.ca and still have it benefit the forum?
                              I know it doesn't work for me using amazon.jp, but you'd have to check with Deb for confirmation.

Comment

• Only Amazon.com orders earn commissions for the Forum. Thanks for checking, though!!
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X