Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I watched a few minutes of Game 7 between Tampa and Pittsburgh. Every time I see Pittsburgh I can't help but think about the Wings blowing the 09 series. I don't think I'm ever going to get over that one.

Comment

• Me neither, losing in the finals or a championship game hurts the most. I think the Sharks will win this years finals.

Comment

• That '09 series was painful. I thought we had it wrapped up.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Wings gave up a 2017 3rd round pick for Dylan Sadowy who's a former SJ 2014 3rd round pick. He hadn't signed his entry level contract and was going to be re-drafted had he not signed within a week.

A lot had him pegged somewhere in second round in the upcoming draft so it's a decent trade from that standpoint. He played in Saginaw the last couple of years scoring 40 goals in each and plays with some grit. He already signed his entry with Detroit.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Nice move by Holland.

The Freep article that reported this named Juri Fisher as the Director of Player personnell.

Not sure Fisher has what it takes to do that job.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Why? He's been at it for a long time now.

Comment

• Yeah, I was about to wonder if I had remembered wrong. Fischer's been in the PP department for almost a decade or so.

Comment

• Yeah.. thanks stupid heart condition!
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• According to Lebrun and his tweets:

Sounds like only NMC clauses will be protected for expansion draft but NTC clauses will not.

That is great news for the Red Wings.....
                      Means the only contract we would have to protect is Pavel.... but hopefully we will be trading that this summer.

So we could expose Ericsson or Howard and whoever the hell else we would want to get rid of... doesn't mean they'd take them.... but still.

I think Howard might have a legitimate shot of being taken in the expansion. Ericssson is doubtful

Comment

• I doubt any expansion team would want either but we can pray
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Howard isn't that bad. He was fairly solid down the stretch. If the team in front of him plays decent defense, he'll do okay. The Wings barely ever did.

I've heard he has something like the 18th highest contract among NHL goaltenders. That shouldn't be impossible to move.

Comment

• It's still a large contract with multiple years on a aging player. He's an average goalie with above average salary. A team could definitely do worse but in the cap era you have to be smart with your money. Howard was on the upswing when he signed that contract but then he plateaued if not regressed.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                              It's still a large contract with multiple years on a aging player. He's an average goalie with above average salary. A team could definitely do worse but in the cap era you have to be smart with your money. Howard was on the upswing when he signed that contract but then he plateaued if not regressed.
                              Not sure if aging really applies to Howard. If he wanted to assuming injuries don't keep piling up on him has 5-7 years left to go if he wanted. But he has played well, has playoff experience and can be a good primary goalie. It really should be a movable contract, assuming they want to move it.
                              AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Yeah maybe aging wasn't the right word. He's just not the prospect of "well he might be great if he grows into it." I just see him as never going to be a goalie to put a team on his back.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X