No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jennings should help a whole lot. He brings just about exactly what the team is missing off the bench.

I was hoping Denzel Valentine would be around for the Pistons pick this year, but he must be rocketing up the draft boards after getting nearly a triple double every game and scoring like he is. He would have been a real nice play maker wing that would fit the teams style and needs nicely too.
    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• From what I read up until this year Valentine was considered a 2nd round pick. Sometimes seniors slip because they're seniors. If Detroit picks around 15 they might have a chance.

Comment

• Valentine would be a great fit. Cross your fingers he falls. Later on I like Gary Payton Jr. Great defender and scoring is improving. A late bloomer that may be better in pros than college.

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
          From what I read up until this year Valentine was considered a 2nd round pick. Sometimes seniors slip because they're seniors. If Detroit picks around 15 they might have a chance.
          I suspect Draymond Green's success in the NBA is going to elevate Valentine even more then his ridiculously good performance so far already is. He's gotta go lottery. Some GM will pull the trigger earlier then 15.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• He doesn't gotta go lottery. I like Denzel more than most I've seen, but he's not close to a lottery lock.

Comment

• We'll see.

Comment

• LeVert would be a similar help to Valentine. Somebody that might be a better two-way player than KCP.

Specializing in drafts with top players on the NBA horizon, player profiles, scouting reports, rankings and prospective international recruits.

NBA Draft.net has Caris going top 10 and DV is now a late-first rounder.

Comment

• I wish there was a real chance they could land Simmons. He is an incredible talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                    LeVert would be a similar help to Valentine. Somebody that might be a better two-way player than KCP.

Specializing in drafts with top players on the NBA horizon, player profiles, scouting reports, rankings and prospective international recruits.

NBA Draft.net has Caris going top 10 and DV is now a late-first rounder.
                    I used to think LeVert would never be strong enough to play in the NBA but his shooting has been so good that maybe he doesn't need to rely on any strength based moves. Solid versatile player.

That said, I think DV is in a class of his own because of his play making abilities. He's averaging 8.6 assists a game so far this season (which is a shit ton for college hoops). And a 4 to 1 assist to TO ratio. Only one player has more assists per game in all of college basketball.

Those draft sites are probably out dated. You'll see Valentine shoot up those boards soon enough. Also consider Valentine is going to be on TV a ton and probably play deep into March for even more exposure.

Comment

• Ben Simmons, albeit vs low competition, had 43 pts, 14 boards, 7 assists, 5 steals and 3 blocks this eve.

Comment

• SVG called out the team's lack of defensive effort in his post game interview and it was awesome. I thought he came close to calling out Drummond about his free throw shooting but he seemed to stop himself. I hope his bluntness doesn't come back to bite him. I find him refreshing.

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
                          Ben Simmons, albeit vs low competition, had 43 pts, 14 boards, 7 assists, 5 steals and 3 blocks this eve.
                          Those are some crazy numbers.

Comment

• Simmons is a generational talent.

Comment

• So anyone not on the KCP train already should take into account just how good he is on defense. He's significantly slowed down many of the best guards in the NBA this year so far. If you don't have a superstar SG the next best thing is a guy that can limit other teams stars.

"KCP's defense: Steph Curry, Bradley Beal, Dwyane Wade, Russell Westbrook and James Harden have combined to shoot 34.3% against the Pistons."

About last night: Detroit Pistons beat writer Vince Ellis shares his takeaway from the most recent game.

Comment

• I think KCP has been deflating the balls.

Comment

Working...
                                X