Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
    I can't wait for Hillary to lead the charge against corruption, privilege and big business.
    Reverse Identity Politics at their finest.

Incredible.

So, I go back to probably JFK v. Nixon in '60. I would have been 12 but my parents, both Rs were into this election. My Mom was an organizer. Still two substantial candidates and at the time substantial issues that were actually talked about and debated by both sides. That JFK was a Catholic was out there but spoken about in hushed tones and regarded by most as inappropriate to discuss as a matter of presidential politics.

Then Came Dukakis v. George H. Bush in '88. I recall a lot of Identity Politics emerging in that campaign with Dukakis, not that he and the issues of the day were substantial at all, being the butt of plenty of jokes about the dweeb he was. It's been like that since then but this ........

This contest takes the absolute cake for awful presidential election seasons with substantive issues on the sidelines, or in the case of Trump being inappropriately characterized, and identity politics at the forefront. IMO, Hillary is not insubstantial. Sh'e smart and experienced but the rest of her baggage, not much of it having to do with carrying out the duties of the office of President but rather HOW she might carry them out are huge distractors to the attractiveness of her candidicy.
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; July 23, 2016, 09:18 AM.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      Volmillion. Heh. I miss many of the old guys. After PSA died, got me wondering where he, Pale, NCVol, Hacksaw, Shiny, Etc are.

Btw, do you ever talk to Wildcat?
      If you or anyone here run into them, invite them here.

Seriously.

Another guy I'd love to hear from again is Mojospartan. Probably my 2nd favorite Spartan fan ever, next to Steve Harper.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• ..... and for those talking about the "no chance" Trump has of getting elected, I'd back off that position if it was me.

While it is true candidates get a decent bump following their conventions like Trump did in the popular and Hillary will get hers, a Trump presidency might happen. I'ts the electoral strategy as usual although it appears if Hillary clears the bar on electoral votes, she'll probably win the popular too.

Create your own forecast for the 2024 presidential election
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'm still on the easy victory for Hillary, Jeff.

The Clinton machine is still on the tarmac. When it takes off, Trump will be nowhere to be found. The Clintons know how to win elections. They'll win this one too.

I'll fudge my previous prediction just a tad. I'll say Hillary gets 290-300 electoral votes, .. and I'll predict 51% of the popular vote.

I just think that over the period of time until Election Day, Trump will have way too much time to infuriate even more people, and that will cause the stampede to Hillary.

Bubba back in the WH, .. with a "first man" budget for PARTIES!!!... and access to Air Force 2 ... ye gads ...

And for another 8 years ...

Hillary will be older than Ronald Reagan was when he left office.

Comment

• The Clinton machine is still on the tarmac. When it takes off, Trump will be nowhere to be found.
            Tarmac, eh

Comment

• Trump's tv ratings not as good as he's claiming. He pulled for viewers than Romeny, but his speech fell well short of the number who watched McCain in 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                Isn't that what Trump is doing?

Just being sarcastic about a certain future president. What many believe about her is opposite of her past behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• The entire Russian delegation will be banned from the Olympics.

According to well-placed sources, the IOC - led by Thomas Bach - will punish all 387 Russian sportsmen and women in the strongest possible way after doping revelations shocked world.

Comment

• Wow.

Never thought I'd see that.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                      Many of them are on scout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Gimme some names. I hate Scout. Gotta see if it's worthwhile.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        The entire Russian delegation will be banned from the Olympics.
                        So far it's only The Mail reporting that. BBC, Al-Jazeera, Reuters haven't a word. Any Russian speakers out here that can go peruse Pravda?
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Man faces prison after trying to return 10,000 out of state bottles in Michigan. Kramer??

Brian Everidge accused of attempting to pull off a caper straight out of Seinfeld, hoping to cash in on bottles bought out of state

Comment

• IOC completely passes the buck and leaves it up to each individual sports federation if they want to ban the Russians or not. Gutless

Comment

• Pussies!!

Comment

• DWS resigning after the convention. Leaked emails don't make her look very good. Other members at the top of the DNC openly speculated how they might use Sanders' religon (or lack therof) in primaries against him

US Democratic Party chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz says she will resign as a row over leaked emails threatens efforts for party unity behind Hillary Clinton.

Comment

Working...
                                X