No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 weeks of work left,plus five weeks of vacation..good ratio.
    If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Jim,
        I have no idea how this is the first time I heard Caroline sing. She's really phenomenal. Is she gonna try to make a go at being a musician during college?
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
          Jim,
          I have no idea how this is the first time I heard Caroline sing. She's really phenomenal. Is she gonna try to make a go at being a musician during college?
          Yeah, I think she is going to look for opportunities to perform. She says in her blog that she wants to be a singer/song writer.

I am going to put a pickup in that baritone uke for her and she is playing a lot more guitar.

Sunday night we were sitting at that little coffee shop/bar the she played at watching a few different performers and I told her she was better than most of the people that we saw play. She pointed at the stage and said, "How do you get up there". I told that they had an open mic night on Monday and asked if she wanted to play. She said yes so we went back. She is working on some stuff for this week.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Atta boy, Dad!
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              Yes it was. She did two others but she played baritone ukulele and you can't hear it very well.
              From what I could see, she did a great job period and an amazing job considering it was her first time performing live. That can be a really overwhelming experience - I've seen a lot of (talented) people fall apart. But she looked (and sounded) liked a veteran.

Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              I am going to put a pickup in that baritone uke for her and she is playing a lot more guitar.
              Ar you sure a pickup would help? I'd blame that baritone uke level on the sound guy. There's a mic right there that should be picking that up easy. The only reason I could think for it being that low in the mix is that the uke was causing feedback. Even then, he could cut it from the monitor mix and turn it up in the house mix.

If its feedback related, I think a pickup would make it worse. If you plug the pickup output into the mixing board, you are still at the mercy of the sound guy. You could buy your own acoustic amp to amplify the pickup, but thats more money and opens other cans of worms ...

Anyways, sorry for unsolicited advice. Just would hate to see you spend money on something that's not a solution.

Comment

A couple things. Caroline has started a new blog

​When you apply to college, you spend a lot of time preparing yourself - for the drain of writing a million essays, for the toll of crushing disappointment, for (hopefully) the best news you could...

She also played at her first open mic night Monday. She was nervous but did well
                https://youtu.be/XPD6bsGFhRY
                Thats seriously a good song
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
                  From what I could see, she did a great job period and an amazing job considering it was her first time performing live. That can be a really overwhelming experience - I've seen a lot of (talented) people fall apart. But she looked (and sounded) liked a veteran.

Ar you sure a pickup would help? I'd blame that baritone uke level on the sound guy. There's a mic right there that should be picking that up easy. The only reason I could think for it being that low in the mix is that the uke was causing feedback. Even then, he could cut it from the monitor mix and turn it up in the house mix.

If its feedback related, I think a pickup would make it worse. If you plug the pickup output into the mixing board, you are still at the mercy of the sound guy. You could buy your own acoustic amp to amplify the pickup, but thats more money and opens other cans of worms ...

Anyways, sorry for unsolicited advice. Just would hate to see you spend money on something that's not a solution.
                  You are right. The after market pickups don't have volume control so it would have to be adjusted at the amp or sound board. I still think she'd be better off with a pickup. I looked around and you can get a decent double pickup for about 75 bucks. Not too bad really.

She also has a Banjo Uke (Banjolele) that we got her for her birhtday last year. That is a no-shit musical instrument. Her Soprano Uke is basically a toy, the Baritone Uke is better quality, but still not a high $$ instrument. The Banjo Uke has resonator plate and was designed for pre amplification venues, but it is very plucking sounding and doesn't go well with the songs she did.

[ame]https://youtu.be/NlwqTKNiY-g[/ame]

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

You are right. The after market pickups don't have volume control so it would have to be adjusted at the amp or sound board. I still think she'd be better off with a pickup. I looked around and you can get a decent double pickup for about 75 bucks. Not too bad really.
                    Cool. I'll keep my flap shut unless you ask.

She also has a Banjo Uke (Banjolele) that we got her for her birhtday last year. That is a no-shit musical instrument. Her Soprano Uke is basically a toy, the Baritone Uke is better quality, but still not a high $$ instrument. The Banjo Uke has resonator plate and was designed for pre amplification venues, but it is very plucking sounding and doesn't go well with the songs she did.

http://www.oscarschmidt.com/products/ukes/oub1.asp
                    Wow. That would cut through the mix for sure - but yeah I could see it not being the preferred tone for the songs.

Comment

• Very nice CGVT - Young lady is really a nice breath of fresh air, Subscribed.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
                        Cool. I'll keep my flap shut unless you ask.

Wow. That would cut through the mix for sure - but yeah I could see it not being the preferred tone for the songs.
                        No need. I appreciate the feedback (no pun intended)

Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                        Very nice CGVT - Young lady is really a nice breath of fresh air, Subscribed.
                        Thanks!

Comment

• My lovely lesbian next door neighbours bought me a nice Rolex watch for sorting out their heating system. But I think they misunderstood me when I said, "I wanna watch."
                          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• At least it still made your day.
                            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• ..... Only time will tell.
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Caroline did a new version of this song. It is better sound quality than the open mic video.

[ame]https://youtu.be/53hNQH4Dv0s[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X