Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In shocking news, Ruckert verbals to OSU. He is OSU's 11th top 100 player and should see his ranking inch up near 5* country. Until then, he's OSU's 7th highest rated verbal for 2018.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• With Ruckert's commitment, OSU is currently at a 95.43 average per verbal in the 247 Composite. That average isn't artificially high because they only have 5 or 6 kids in their class -- they have 15. The next highest is Texas at 92.54 for 12 commits -- a staggering 3 points behind OSU. The 12th highest average is closer to Texas than Texas is to OSU.

In the B10, M is 2nd in average at 90.53, and they're actually emphasizing average with small numbers. Maryland is closer to M in terms of average than M is to OSU.

Dark days in THE SHADOW!!!!

Comment

• HARBAUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Ohio State is currently at 286.80 in the 247Composite with 16 verbals, including what I think is a huge reach with Malik Hooker's little brother. Whatever.

If you combined the current classes for Penn State AND M -- 32 total verbals -- the 247 Composite score is 286.59 for Nittany Wolves.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Ohio State is currently at 286.80 in the 247Composite with 16 verbals, including what I think is a huge reach with Malik Hooker's little brother. Whatever.

If you combined the current classes for Penn State AND M -- 32 total verbals -- the 247 Composite score is 286.59 for Nittany Wolves.
            That's not saying much when Baylor is ranked much, much higher than OSU.
            Urbs needs to get with the times of society nowadays.
            Attached Files
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• BRILES!!!!!

K'Vaughan Pope will commit tomorrow. He's sort of a meh 4* -- top 200 type player -- at ILB. He really wanted in and I guess UFM finally signed off on him after much deliberation.

That will give OSU 17. I have Babb, Carman and Tyreke Smith and in. They are probably leading for the likes of Parsons and Anthony Cook and Jason Oweh. Blue Smith is a bit of a mystery, but I still think they lead for him. And then there are a few longer shot kids, but still very realistic possibilities.

I know everyone is clamoring for another recruiting board update, but I'll probably wait until the end of summer to that. Patience, folks. Patience.

Comment

• STFU
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Spielman is in town for Lions camp. I have mad respect for Chris Spielman and he was my favorite defensive player that played for Lions, even though he played for the Suckeyes! Never knew he really wanted to be a Wolverine - till today, he was on local radio.

“My dad said, ‘Okay, where are you going to go?’ I said, ‘Dad, I want to go to Michigan.’ And he said, ‘You traitor. I’ll tell you where you’re going. You’re going right down 71 South and you’re going to play for the Ohio State Buckeyes. … Better not go there (Michigan). Don’t ever come home if you do.'”

Comment

• Ohio State recruiting update after end of summer re-rank:

Top 50 Players with legitimate OSU Interest (previous ranking in parens):

5 (3). Micah Parsons (DE)(No longer PSU verbal; still NLOID decision, still like OSU's chances)
                    9 (12). Jackson Carmen (OT) (Still an OSU Lock)
                    13 (13). Taron Vincent (DT) (VERBAL)
                    14 (8 ). Anthony Cook (CB) (Still think OSU leads big -- but LSU/Clemson will have their say -- and here comes Texas)
                    19 (22). Brenton Cox (DE) (VERBAL) (Still moving up, still feel good about him sticking)
                    22 (64). Jeremy Ruckert (TE) (VERBAL) (Big summer camp season moves him up to 5*)
                    25 (36). Jaelen Gill (WR) (VERBAL)
                    33 (30). Jaiden Woodbey (S) (VERBAL) (I think he could still be an NLOID decision, but he's looking increasingly solid to OSU)
                    36 (24). Emory Jones (QB) (VERBAL) (Alabama will push like MFers to get him)
                    37 (37). Teradja Mitchell (LB) (VERBAL)

51-100 w/ High OSU Interest:

55 (148 ). Tyreke Smith (WDE/TE) (Big jump -- freak athlete -- most likely OSU, but PSU is in it)
                    56 (48 ). Kamryn Babb (WR) (Had moved up until Rivals downgraded him because of ACL injury. Still feel like OSU is team to beat)
                    62 (50). Matt Jones (DT) (VERBAL)
                    85 (82). Brian Snead (RB) (VERBAL)
                    86 (65). Max Wray (OT) (VERBAL)
                    99 (86). Josh Proctor (S) (VERBAL) (Looking more solid, but OU will push to end)

Finally, Ohio Kids that are or will be "Takes" + OoS kids that OSU is a heavy favorite for:

119 (122). L'Christian Smith (WR) (Decides on 27th -- should be OSU)
                    137 (127). Dallas Gant (OLB) (VERBAL)
                    158 (NA). Jayson Oweh (SDE) (Added. Larry Johnson loves him. Fast riser; high ceiling. OSU or PSU).
                    166 (NA). K'Vaughan Pope (ILB) (VERBAL) (Added. As solid as solid gets).
                    257. Sevyn Banks (CB) (VERBAL) (this was came from nowhere…so, I’m not sure how sticky it is)
                    384. Master Teague (RB) (VERBAL)
                    591. Marcus Hooker (DB) (VERBAL) (I guess if you're going to reach, Malik Hooker's brother is ok).

Off the list: Zamir White (verbal to Georgia); Tyson Campbell (was always going to be tough to get him north); Verdis Brown (FSU); Freddie Scruggs (PSU); K. Gervin (not enough interest); Aenas Hawkins (PSU).

They currently have 7 top 40 verbals with Carman in the bag and probably at least 1 more. They currently have 11 top 100 verbals with another 2 coming, IMO. So, they could end up with 9 top 40 and 15 top 100.

Comment

• Also, OSU's current score of 288+ for its 16 verbals would have been good for 7th last year. If you add Jack Carman, it's 298+ which would been 4th last year (ahead of USC and M).

It's been a nice run.

Comment

• They can't ALL be morally degenerate. Spielman is the Solzhenitsn of Columbus.

Comment

• I wish Talent was dead.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Seconded.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Thirded.

Talent is the Scott Stapp of posters.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I wish for Wiz to add a second or third punchline to his arsenal of one.

Comment

Working...
                                X