No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seriously was not being sarcastic. I never would have guessed that it was customary to watch horses do it. I mean who really gives a shit where the product came from--it's either a fast horse that kicks ass or it's not. Do people go around saying "My horse is the descendent of Seattle Slew" "Who cares; it came in last behind Broken Rubber and Lazy Willie"

Now I can see where 100s of 1000s are made for the spew and overies of the great horses, because then your talking about the possibilities of great products.

Anyway, horse racing is for fags.
    ------------
    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

------------
      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

I'm sorry, Drew. I couldn't hear a word you said, due to the fact that I was cranking up the volume on some of my favorite Bette Midler songs.

The reason why they're so crazy about who is breeding with whom is because all thoroughbred horses descend from a very specific gene pool that supposedly goes back to two British horses hundreds of years ago (cue the banjo music). If you follow the bloodlines of today's horses back far enough, you see a couple of names that show up in the geneology of a huge percentage of them.

The industry does everything within their power to ensure that the thoroughbred blood won't be tainted with DNA from outside of the group.
        Last edited by NewOrleansLion; January 29, 2007, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Deb, a day late, but my sincere condolences on both fronts.

Comment

I'm really sorry Deb. Alex knows how much you loved him... I'm sorry about your cousin too. Suicide is a real bitch for everyone.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Thanks, guys. I honestly didn't want to appear as if I was trying to garner some sympathy. I'm okay now. I just am incredulous that he was in my life for so long. It seems as though he's just always been there! I keep looking for him in his favorite spots and remembering why he's not there. Blah. It'll be nice to get a kitten again. Not sure that the dog would agree, though. lol
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

Deb, sorry to here about your cat and cousin. I had a cousin commit suicide last April. Nobody knows/understands why. His wife found him when she returned home from work. Unfortunately I hadn't seen him in several years. Doesn't sound like your year 2007 is getting off to a much better start like we had hoped. Sorry to hear that.

"I am sure they pumped him drier than than Dan-O after a weekend of free Cinemax........."
                -------------------Let's get something straight here people. I prefer Showtime.

GO LIONS "07" !!!!!!
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Dan-O, you misspelled Showtunes........
                  The only logical explanation is:
                  I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

Thanks, guys. I honestly didn't want to appear as if I was trying to garner some sympathy
                    No it's fine Deb, this board has evolved into a support group at times. I echo Dano's sentiments, we were all supposed to have better years in 2007 and while you're off to a sad start, hang in there it will come around! I have my first real pet now and I already know I am not looking forward to having to deal with a loss.
                    AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoLion View Post
                      I'm sorry, Drew. I couldn't hear a word you said, due to the fact that I was cranking up the volume on some of my favorite Bette Midler songs.

The reason why they're so crazy about who is breeding with whom is because all thoroughbred horses descend from a very specific gene pool that supposedly goes back to two British horses hundreds of years ago...

lol CL - I imagine they're also pretty crazy about who's doing the breeding because they're laying out some major, serious cash to get their horse porked by a specific stud. You don't want to wait for the result to be a winner or loser as Drew implied - you want what you paid for.
                      The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

The unbelievable part about the astronomical amount of money in that business is that it's still such a crap shoot. Secretariat, one of the best ever, never really had success as a stud. He physically got the job done, but none of his offspring went on to do much as a race horse. You would think it would be pretty straightforward -- superstar stud + superstar mare = superstar foals. Doesn't work that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                          I never would have guessed that it was customary to watch horses do it.
                          Dude, welcome to the internet! We have some very special websites I know you're gonna like...
                          "We like to work for everything. That's what people in Michigan do."
                          2012 Adopt-A-Lion Nate Burleson

Comment

Wasn't that also a scene in Big?? (or another tom hanks movie...)
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

I imagine they're also pretty crazy about who's doing the breeding because they're laying out some major, serious cash to get their horse porked by a specific stud
                              At least thier horse isn't getting studded by a specific pork :D

Comment

At least no one else is saying this:

"Our pets' heads are falling off!"
                                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Working...
                                X