No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice! I'm looking forward to the thread.
    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Way cool, Kay.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Not so much made my day today....., but made my night, last night. I watched Bill Burr's new show "You people are all the same" on YouTube. An hour and ten minutes of laughing my ass off stuff. Was great.

Get your ginger ass to Scotland, Bill.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I am awaiting an email for the date of another awards ceremony for me making the Deans list. As I am sitting here doing my homework, I check my school email and low and behold, it was in my mailbox waiting for me to read it. It stated that for last quarter, I did not make the Deans list, but, I did make the High Honors. (4.0) Now mind you as the Dean of the school told me, that those classes that I took last quarter, were the hardest ones to take online. I showed him that there are people out there that can do it, and I was one of them. All straight A's. Now I am trying to make the High Honors for this last quarter of mine.
            My window of opportunity is expanding.....

Comment

• Brilliant!
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• "Not so much made my day today....., but made my night, last night. I watched Bill Burr's new show "You people are all the same" on YouTube. An hour and ten minutes of laughing my ass off stuff. Was great."
                -----------------------------He's great. I'll have to check that out.

Great job, and congrats AE. Keep after it.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• That's my Girl. Proud of you, Hon.
                  "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• That's awesome, AE. I'm rooting for you for the last semester!

Comment

• The food thread got archived, so I'll just post this here although I won't actually know if it has made my day until tomorrow.

I'm having a barbecue tomorrow for a couple of families in the neighborhood. They all wanted to try turkey, because most Japanese people have never eaten one. I went to order a Butterball last week and they were all out of stock, so I ended up having to get a Prestage one. The hitch is that the Prestage turkeys are not pre-brined or injected, so you have to brine them.

Anyways, enough with the back story. I looked online and found a recipe for Apple-Brined and smoked turkey. I just got it in the brine, and I'm really looking forward to cooking it tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                        Brilliant!
                        Originally posted by DanO View Post

Great job, and congrats AE. Keep after it.
                        Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
                        That's my Girl. Proud of you, Hon.
                        Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                        That's awesome, AE. I'm rooting for you for the last semester!
                        Thanks all, now after all of this schooling, I need to get a job doing this. I have 1 tip already, but don't know if it will be a go or not. So, LFIJ, really start the rooting at the end of Sept.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                          The food thread got archived, so I'll just post this here although I won't actually know if it has made my day until tomorrow.

I'm having a barbecue tomorrow for a couple of families in the neighborhood. They all wanted to try turkey, because most Japanese people have never eaten one. I went to order a Butterball last week and they were all out of stock, so I ended up having to get a Prestage one. The hitch is that the Prestage turkeys are not pre-brined or injected, so you have to brine them.

Anyways, enough with the back story. I looked online and found a recipe for Apple-Brined and smoked turkey. I just got it in the brine, and I'm really looking forward to cooking it tomorrow.
                          That looks good. I've brined a turkey before. It came out very moist and tasty.

I usually just inject them if I am going to smoke them now.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Way to go, AE!

I have never brined a turkey before I use injection marinade.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Juicer!
                              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• [QUOTE=Malto Marko;786405]Way to go, AE!

Thanks Mark. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X