U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
    That hasn't been the case most of the season. Their points in the paint have gone up quite a healthy % this year.

I'm pretty sure 3's are down as well. That was part of what made the final 5 minutes versus the schmucks so frustrating. They broke from what's been working.

I have to admit that is what I a basing my observation off of. I saw some of that game and some of the MN game-not much else.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• They still take 3's but I do believe it's at a lower % of their shots and they're usually better looks than they've had in the past.

Comment

• This year, they are averaging 20.8 3's a game and 57.3 shots.

Last year, they averaged 23.2 3's a game and 52.3 shots.

They are also shooting 41% from 3 this year as compared to 35% last year.

Comment

• "I've only seen them play a couple of times, but they seem to be pretty reliant on the three to get everything else going.

Come tourny time I hope they don't go cold at a crucial time"

-----------------------Disagree. They have several players that can play the game. I thought as you, to start the season, but watching them is like..........AMAZING! They always seem to have 2 or 3 players, playing at a high level. It's not the top three. It's a team. When someone is down someone's picking them up. They have some young talent, and, dare I say, some great young players. They are a legit contender for the finals. Not saying that but they will/should be a #1 seed.
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Three point shot, DanO
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Not saying that but they will/should be a #1 seed.
              At this point, it would be very disappointing if they are not a number#1 seed.

Comment

• Hard to say. Big 12 is garbage, so Kansas isn't going to lose much. Same with Duke and the ACC. Louisville/Syracuse aren't going to lose often either. That basically leaves the last #1 to Michigan/Indiana. Far from a gimme. The BIG champ might have 5, possibly 6 losses, more than any of those other teams.

Comment

• B-Line coaches to use the 3-ball heavily and recruits for 3-ball shooters. You can certainly win it all with that strategy and other coaches have but it does amplify the effect when your team has an off shooting night.
                  Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                    Hard to say. Big 12 is garbage, so Kansas isn't going to lose much. Same with Duke and the ACC. Louisville/Syracuse aren't going to lose often either. That basically leaves the last #1 to Michigan/Indiana. Far from a gimme. The BIG champ might have 5, possibly 6 losses, more than any of those other teams.
                    Being number 1 looks like it's bad luck this year... maybe you don't want it.
                    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• A #1 seed? I definitely want it. Don't care about being ranked #1.

Comment

• heck, even a #2 seed has the same advantage
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I would love to see U-M get a #1 seed...

... then become the first team to lose to a #16 seed. :twisted:

Comment

• M Hater in general or just another school backer?
                            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Nah. Just someone who has fun with such infamy.

I'm the sort of guy who was cheering for 0-16 just for the historical precedence of it all.

Comment

• Just set my DVR for all Michigan Basketball games, I messed up and missed the Minnesota game the other night.

Comment

Working...
                                X