No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At some point you have to concern yourself with governing and not campaigning. Hiring guys like Flynn, Bannon, Miller, etc... are total unforced errors. Everyone who has half a brain could see that. You might have to give truth serum Lumpy Hannity for him to admit that, but he would. 25 days in and they cannot go a day without some ridiculous story.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      There's zero way dropping Flynn is part of any sort of master plan. LOL. Now, I think it a bit silly to think DJT fell assbackwards into things the whole way -- he's made some intentionally good moves. But this? C'mon.

Flynn, though, is the kind of thing that actually hurts him a little bit. He can deal with pretty much everything else. I'm not sure the pile of outrage to date ever reaches critical mass with the silent majority. Even the immigration thing was a move to, ostensibly, protect the US. The Flynn thing, though, is a national security bumble, and folks take notice of that. DJT has some leeway -- certainly more than he has from "The Resistance" on this thread, but he doesn't have that much. And it doesn't take long for a general view to calcify. He's probably 1 or 2 more meaningful fuckups from having that take hold with the portion of the electorate that matters.
      The Breitbart wing is very pissed. They are sharpening their knives and wanting blood and it appears they are targeting Priebus. They blame HIM for not engaging in a wholesale purge of the federal bureaucracy that's been generating all these leaks.

Comment

• Hopefully the end of this train wreck results a thorough discrediting of the Breitbart wing. The whole conceit of these fools with their court jester is that anyone can do the job. The whole Russian thing been obvious since the day Lewandowski was fired, beforehand it was lurking in that shadows. Once they hired Manafort it abandoned all secrecy.

The George W. Bush administration never had this type of bumbling. Heckuva job Brownie looks quaint in comparison.

Comment

• Russian lawmakers race to defend Flynn, denounce Russophobic Elites

Comment

• The Office of Government Ethics (who Chaffetz actually got involved for once) has formally recommending that the Trump White House discipline Kellyanne Conway for 'misuse of position' in promoting Ivanka products on national tv
            Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; February 14, 2017, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

The George W. Bush administration never had this type of bumbling. Heckuva job Brownie looks quaint in comparison.
              ...and to think, Brownie had to battle a Cat5 hurricane. All the Trump Admin had to do was, like, not get caught in nefarious communications with Russia.

One of these things is not like the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                ...and to think, Brownie had to battle a Cat5 hurricane. All the Trump Admin had to do was, like, not get caught in nefarious communications with Russia.

One of these things is not like the other.
                I know right, this is the honeymoon period.

Comment

• Uh oh for Flynn, FBI had interviewed him before Great American Patriot Sally Yates warned the White House.

Michael T. Flynn’s resignation as national security adviser raises questions about what President Trump knew about the situation, and when.

Comment

• Sometimes I get the sense that Bret Baeier is embarrassed to have Laura Ingraham on his show now all the time. His interactions with her typically very terse. She rambles on and on and he responds "yeah". None of the back and forth with her that he has with Charles K or other guests.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/jbuhrmester/status/831524570548940800[/ame]

Comment

• Trump won Iowa by 9 points. Now at only 42/49% approval/disapproval in the Hawkeye state.

Comment

• I believe Kellyanne is gone. Or I'll be soon.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            I believe Kellyanne is gone. Or I'll be soon.
                            She's having a rough week. Trump's rumored to be quite unhappy with his 'comms' team

Comment

• Conservative editorial cartoon from the Bellsville News-Democrat. I'm willing to concede that conservatives often get a bad rap when it comes to race relations. But I'll submit that cartoons like this add to the narrative.

The cartoon is a take on Norman Rockwell's famous painting of Ruby Bridges integrating the New Orleans school district in 1960...and apparently believes Betsy Devos being briefly harassed by a handful of protesters outside a DC school was a comparable event.

Comment

• One blow after another...jeez...NY Times dropping a story that says the FBI has records of repeated phone calls made between the Trump campaign/associates and Russian Intelligence officers made during 2016. Stresses that no collusion has been found as of yet but...

Paul Manafort, Michael Flynn, Roger Stone, and Carter Page all explicitly named

Comment

Working...
                                X