No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regardless of tonight's result, the BIG took a shit on the SEC this year. Its been a nice change of pace.

Comment

• Tim Beckman's days probably numbered...bad record + bad press

Former Illinois left tackle Simon Cvijanovic took to Twitter on Sunday to air some serious grievances with the Fighting Illini football program, specifically the treatment of players by head coach Tim Beckman:

Comment

• An Illinois coach's days are numbered the day he his hired.

Comment

• Big Ten projected win totals
          Ohio State
          Over 11 (+100)
          Under 11 (-140)

Wisconsin
          Over 10 (+160)
          Under 10 (-210)

Michigan State
          Over 9.5 (-140)
          Under 9.5 (+100)

Nebraska
          Over 8 (-120)
          Under 8 (-120)

Michigan
          Over 7.5 (-140)
          Under 7.5 (+100)

Northwestern
          Over 6.5 (+110)
          Under 6.5 (-150)

Indiana
          Over 6 (+140)
          Under 6 (-180)

Minnesota
          Over 5.5 (-140)
          Under (+100)

Rutgers
          Over 5 (-145)
          Under 5 (+105)

Purdue
          Over 4 (-145)
          Under 4 (+105)

Illinois
          Over 3.5 (-140)
          Under 3.5 (+100)

-

No Iowa, Penn State or Maryland; all 6-7 win teams without looking at their schedules... I'll certainly take the over for M and Minnesota (they play both M & Ohio)...

Comment

• Interesting .......

The books are very likely basing that on M's QB situation.

JH should have been shopping around for a dual threat guy instead of counting on Morris/Malzone and bringing in Ruddock. Why he let Deweaver go is just a mystery to me.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Wait, what? One, what does letting Deweaver go have to do with Ms QB situtation now even in the next 3 years? Especially when it comes to the sports books. 2, Deweaver isn't even a dual threat guy. He can move, but Peters and Deweaver's mobility are about the same. Deweaver is years away from doing anything at MSU or anywhere else he was going to go.

Comment

• LOL. There isn't a coach in football that knows more about the QB playing/coaching position than JH, whether in the Pros or Amateur ranks.

Trust in Harbaugh.
                Between Gentry and Peters he will likely win a National Title.

PS While turning O'Korn into a proper, highly-sought after NFL draft pick In the process.
                Last edited by Prime2; May 27, 2015, 07:20 AM.
                "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• The books are basing 7' on M's talent and M's schedule. They see 2 probable losses, at least 3 more games where they may not be favored, 3 games they will be favored in but that they could easily lose and probably 4 heavy favorite games. I think the betting assumption is losses to MSU and OSU, probably losses on the road to Utah and the Goofer and a sweep of UNLV, Rutgers, NW and Indiana. That's 4-4 with games against Oregon State, BYU, @Maryland, @Penn State left. M would need to sweep those four games (or split at Utah/Minnesota) to go over 7'.

It's also worth noting that over 7' is favored vs under 7' by a decent margin. The number is almost 8, which is where I see them.

Those are, FYI, consistent with the national expectations.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Between Gentry and Peters he will likely win a National Title.
                    LOL...

Comment

• JH should have been shopping around for a dual threat guy instead of counting on Morris/Malzone and bringing in Ruddock. Why he let Deweaver go is just a mystery to me.
                      As an FYI, DeWeaver isn't a dual threat. He's a pro-style QB. He's 6'4" with a strong arm. That's exactly why Hoke.....HOKE....recruited him. Did you think Hoke was going to shift to the spread????? So this DeWeaver shit is sorta way off base.

I don't know why DeWeaver and JH parted ways. Perhaps JH liked Peters better. Perhaps DeWeaver just didn't want to play for JH. I dunno.

Comment

• The Legendary Jim Harbaugh addressed this long ago:

Coach Harbaugh – Verified account ‏@CoachJim4UM

Thought of the day - What a tangled web we DaWeave when first we practice to deceive!
                        - Sir Walter Scott
                        9:40 AM - 7 Feb 2015
                        "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Why do people confuse what kind of QB DeWeaver is? He's a pro-style QB, you have Liney in another thread saying:

"Dantonio was more than willing to blow smoke up his hiney and tell him that he would go against everything he's ever done on offense, if it meant getting one "away" from Harbaugh."

"Dantonio is going to run his power run offense no matter who he has in his QB stable. DeWeaver better start learning about pro-set if he wants to get on the field."

He's a pro-style QB, he's ranked that way. He throws a lot.. I'm not sure where the confusion is coming from.

Comment

• You've obviously misinterpreted the musings of M men. Both Liney and Buchanan are clearly saying that DeWeaver is a pro-style QB. You're just being cantankerous to suggest otherwise.

Comment

• I guess.

Comment

• JH told DeWeaver he was recruiting 2 QB's in the '16 recruiting class. Unsure on the timeline but this may've been the time he was chasing Eason & Costello.

Comment

Working...
                                X