No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the Cavs beat down Golden State... given how hot they are, the Pistons actually looked pretty solid for most of that game against the hottest team with the best player. I'm optimistic they can still make the playoffs. If they can do that, and somehow avoid Atlanta or the Cavs in the first round, they have the potential to win a series too. Knock on wood.
    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I agree nhw. No matter what happens this year, and even if Monroe walks, I think the Pistons got a great leader when they hired SVG. I am excited about the Pistons and think they are on the verge of a fun few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
        I agree nhw. No matter what happens this year, and even if Monroe walks, I think the Pistons got a great leader when they hired SVG. I am excited about the Pistons and think they are on the verge of a fun few years.
        .....yup!

SVG had to deal with no first round pick in the draft this year, shedded a high priced unmotivated starter and is still in the mix to get to the playoffs.

He does have an advantage by also being the GM but, his decisions so far have been solid.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• So they head into perhaps the most difficult road stretch of the season - 7 of next 8 - with a loss at home to the Knicks. Fuck. The next two weeks could knock them out of the playoff picture.
          Last edited by fontes91; February 28, 2015, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• and then they lose to the Knicks at home.....
            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• What a crock
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I think the Pistons have now lost twice to both the Sixers and TWolves, and once to the Knicks. Wonder if any team has ever made the playoffs after losing 5 times to the worst 3 teams in the league.

Reggie was 5-24 from the floor with only 5 dimes. If his shot isn't falling he needs to be more of a facilitator. Meeks was hot but wasn't getting the ball. Just a dud night. While I am enthusiastic about Jackson, I'm not sure he is worth more than the 4/48 that OKC offered to him. Though I think his rejecting that was more about not wanting to remain a backup.

Final thought -- the Pistons currently have the 9th worst record in the NBA, and are just a half game ahead of Utah, and 2 games ahead of Sac. 15 of their final 25 are on the road (though to now they've been ok on the road). Still, it's conceivable they could end up with the 7th or 8th worst record. I have a hunch that after these next 8 games we will all be talking about lottery position more than playoffs. I'm still very excited about this team and SVG, but a 5-23 start is probably too much to overcome. And they damn sure need a real starting SF.
                Last edited by fontes91; February 28, 2015, 04:26 AM.

Comment

• Reggie looked like Rodney Stuckey 2.0 last night...blocked 7 (!!) times on his way to the rim.

Prince plays decent but has no emotional feelings for this team...

Yet to see the advantages of SVG's deadline trades
                  "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• In the past 2 Celtics games Jerebko has played 45 minutes and in the time he has 36 pts and 15 boards. He's 13-19 from the floor, including 7-10 from 3-pt land. His +/- is plus 37.

Comment

• Watch, Jerebko's next two games will be 4 points total.
                      His production has been so inconsistent for a number of reasons (playing time, his own play).

I'm rooting for the guy to succeed. With Sullinger out, IDK why Stevens would have any reason to decrease his minutes at that rate.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I think JJ can play a nice role, even on a contender, off of the bench as a stretch four. His issues are more on the defensive side of the ball.

Comment

• I knew back to back on the road after a dbl OT loss wouldn't go well. But the Wizards are in a funk so I thought perhaps they'd have a chance. Down 21 early in the 3rd. Second straight game that Jackson has looked bad. You guys can watch the rest.

Edit to add -- well SVG let Dinwiddie take over and he damn near did it. Pistons actually came back to take the lead in the 4th and lost a close one. Dinwiddie played the entire 4th quarter and ended up with 20 pts and 8 assists in 23 minutes. Jackson had 9 and 7 in 24 minutes on 4-12 shooting.
                          Last edited by fontes91; February 28, 2015, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• OK Joey "Air" Crawford, time to go away:

The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Saw that today. And supposedly Crawford is coming off recent knee surgery.

Ran across this today -- clip of Lebron's kid. He is 10. His ball handling, passing, quickness and court vision are pretty amazing for a kid that age. According to dad he is already getting some Div I letters, which is silly and insane. But the kid does have great genes and lots of potential. Will be fun to see what happens, and if he grows as tall as his papa.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dijef93nBvY"]LeBron James Jr. SHOWS OUT At John Lucas All-Star Weekend! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• What's a 70 year old ref doing prancing around like that?

Comment

Working...
                                X