No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diss the owner and the guy that signs the checks and I don't care who you are, the guy that signs the checks decides whos numbers get retired.

Federov could have been the best Wing and best NHL player ever but, he did not play the game for the love of it, he played it to gain personal freedom from his home country (oh, wait. He still has more allegiance to his home country than one that allowed him asylum and filled his coffers with gold?). What is wrong with this picture?
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johann View Post
      Rodman left the Pistons and went to the Bulls,
      False, that right there eliminates you from the discussion. Goodbye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
        Diss the owner and the guy that signs the checks and I don't care who you are, the guy that signs the checks decides whos numbers get retired.

Federov could have been the best Wing and best NHL player ever but, he did not play the game for the love of it, he played it to gain personal freedom from his home country (oh, wait. He still has more allegiance to his home country than one that allowed him asylum and filled his coffers with gold?). What is wrong with this picture?
        Please. Fedorov was a large part of the Red Wing renaissance. There's really no argument. His number should be up in the rafters. Bringing up this petty in the tank Red Wing bias then the argument isn't very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
          Well, I would suggest it was his Agents responsibility to find a better deal, not the Players.

Fact is,his salary after he left was less than he would have made than with the contract extended to him by the Wings.

A big mistake by the Player and the Agent.

This is true.
          I don't have any problem with a player that decides to leave it's his right.
          But it semed like he did it just because he felt disrespected here by the fans. He was good, very good for a short stretch but he wanted the fans to call him number one and bow at his alter. IMO he always had a very high self image of his self.
          Life of a Lions fan, hope and shattered dreams !!! 8-)

Comment

• Federov complained that his salary was too low (because he already banked most of it) and decided he was not going to contribute any more.

When that contract expired, he was given a very generous offer and accepted less to go to another team.

1. You've put this out there before like its the truth or something, when its really bunk. He never "decided" not to contribute anymore. Almost every playoffs he led the team in scoring. He was a team player by sacrificing offense by going to the blue line. His biggest problem was he was a flake and people thought he should be dominant. When Yzerman's stats went down, nobody complained he decided not to contribute, they celebrated his two way play. But they ignored Fedorov's defense in the same analysis. He always drew the best offensive player.

2. he was not given a generous contract offer when his contract expired. They tried the hard sell in November prior to his contract expiring and every subsequent offer during the year the offer shrunk. You complain about bad feelings from his side, the way they negotiated was bush league. They would never do that with Lidstrom or Yzerman. Lidstrom had the good sense to float about his "return" to Sweden as a negotiating ploy after he saw how they dealt with Fedorov. They were wrong in how they dealt with it, quite possibly they were miffed about the Hurricane contract, but they told him to find the best offer.

At any rate, whats done is done, you don't let petty issues get in the way. Ilitch was absolutely wrong on Sparky Anderson, he should learn, you let bygones be bygones. Put #91 in the rafters.

Comment

• I'm amazed at how people either dismiss Fedorov's contributions or act like he never worked hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebelyankee View Post
                This is true.
                I don't have any problem with a player that decides to leave it's his right.
                But it semed like he did it just because he felt disrespected here by the fans. He was good, very good for a short stretch but he wanted the fans to call him number one and bow at his alter. IMO he always had a very high self image of his self.
                Yes a short stretch. 13 years as a Red Wing, averaging about a point a game, he went to 6 all star games, won three rings. He won the MVP once and the Selke twice. Good post, well done.

But it semed like he did it just because he felt disrespected here by the fans

The offer kept on shrinking. Any athlete who gets this is going to leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                  I'm amazed at how people either dismiss Fedorov's contributions or act like he never worked hard.
                  Its quite amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    False, that right there eliminates you from the discussion. Goodbye.
                    I'm not concerned with the two years he spent with the spurs

Comment

• Because you didn't know about them!

Comment

• Rodman-
                        7 Years in DET
                        2 Rings ('89,'90 )
                        2 DPOY (1990, '91)
                        5 All-Defensive First Team (1989, '90, '91, '92, '93)
                        2 NBA All-Star (1990, '92)
                        18 Reb/game in his final 2 seasons in DET

Wanted out after they "fired" Daly
                        "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• I think Rodman will get his number retired.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            I think Rodman will get his number retired.

??
                            "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• Don't mind me, my brain is going on me, I watched the ceremony.

Comment

• Almost every playoffs he led the team in scoring.
                                From 1990 to Sergei leaving the team, fedorov led playoff scoring 6 times, Yzerman 5

Detroit Red Wings stats, scoring leaders and demographics breakdown in the 1989 NHL playoffs. Player nationality and age distributions, draft rounds of players in the 1989 playoffs.
                                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

Working...
                                X