No announcement yet.

Forumites and their Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The other one is also far too excited coming back in to get his phone. Couple of closet Kray twin twats. Lock them both up.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I'm pretty sure that those are staged.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Kid Admits Fake World of Warcraft Freakout Video Was Fake
        This fake World of Warcraft freakout video has duped 29 million people into thinking a teenager would try to shove a remote up his ass after his Mom cancelled his WoW account. After some interrogation, he admits it's a fraud.

Though they'd love for you to think it's genuine, the freakout in the video doesn't quite reach the level of depravity we all know WoW players would be capable of.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• ya know, it's ok once in a while to let the gag run for a bit
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• The revelation that the video is fake doesn't take anything away from the fact that they are a couple of fkn erseholes. So letting the gag run longer makes no difference. I hope they were beat up at school for being tits.
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Not in a million years. They're "famous" on youtube. Probably got to go shopping at the mall with some girls thanks to those videos.
              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Damn, so cold Buster doesn't even want to go for his walk. Warming up the car for work he runs to the car and turns and looks like open this damn door im freezing!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                  Sounds as if Tailgunner needs a reality check, Mark.
                  Yup.

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                  I'm going to assume his behavior was heavily influenced by the distress of possibly losing his dog forever. I think I would be freaking out, too. But he owes you a big apology.
                  He has a temper and it is being fueled by his girlfriend and her parents/stepfather. I do not expect an apology but we are going to have a serious discussion about respect or lack there of and his responsibility as a pet owner.

Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                  Just my 2 cents worth: The anger needs to be with the dog's owner (tailgunner) for not training the dog.

When the dog does get out, have you tried food to bring her back? I had a lab that always thought it was a huge play session when I would try to catch him so I used milkbones to lure him in.

Also, just as an aside, we had a guy at work that would scold his dog when he came back after getting out of the yard and even swat the dog. He never quite cottoned on to the fact that the dog thought he was being punished for coming back home.
                  I have tried milkbones but she is smart and will not get within reaching distance as she is on a freedom romp and it will end when she decides it is time.

Additionally, aside from letting her know I am not happy with her, she does not get overly scolded or punished. She is well aware that her behavior has pissed me off and yesterday she was in full conciliatory mode but her request to go for a walk was denied with emphasis.

Originally posted by Islair View Post
                  It's not like you were sitting on your couch in the living room eating popcorn and placed the call to him, "Hey Tailgunner, just thought you should know, the dog ran away. Oh yea, I would look for it, but Matlock is on. Yea, I haven't seen this one in almost two weeks. So I'm going to watch this, and maybe the one after it, and I'll go out later. I'm sure the dog will be fine."

You were out, you chased it down a few times, it kept getting away.

I have bassets, and they are a known breed for taking off. They just put their nose down and when they look up they are blocks from home. I invested in a shock collar, because Walter wouldnt listen to me as soon as he got off his lead (just like Tailgunner's dog). Well, we got the whole system worked out nice and quick. In a matter of 30 days, I had to hit him with the collar maybe half a dozen times. He isn't an idiot, and got the message.

Just sounds like the dog needs more training.
                  Honestly, I am not sure more training would work. She is very "independent" minded and while most of her independent thinking is harmless, she just does not respond to training the same way every other dog I ever had did.

.......I also thought about an electronic collar but, this past incident was the first time in 2 1/2 years and I was beginning to think she was over it and seriously considered letting her off her leash when we took walks through the school yard.

I am glad now, I didn't.

Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                  As well as the potential future in-laws.
                  Yup.

Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                  Understatement by Deborah there......., he owes you a MASSIVE apology. My God if I said "Fk you" to my dad, he'd make a point of getting the dog and ramming it up my ass, before punching me clean out.

My two cents worth is that there is something else bothering Tailgunner. Seems way too extreme a reaction. I used to have a wee Cairn Terrier that would escape every chance it got......., it was inconvenient, but never did I lose the plot like what TG clearly done.
                  He has a dark streak to him when he is angered but we do not see it very often as he is really pretty much of a happy go lucky guy.

Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                  That's a crazy story. TG and his girl both acted like jerks!
                  Yup.
                  Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                  Cooler heads and apology's seem in order to you Mark.

Airing out family drama on FB is always a bad idea, and sorry to say Mark it might show some character issues of his gf and her step Father. Having said that people can say things when really angry, funny but I rarely use profanity in 'real' life besides an occasional yell at the tv during football, or if I bang my thumb with a hammer. No kidding.

Having said that I came home one day after work as a teen I think I was 17 and my childhood dog didn't greet me at the door? I ask my Dad where she was? (she had been sick). Well my Dad had her put down, and planned on it while I was gone knowing I would have a fit. And I did, I took it out on my Dad at first (yelled for a while) then I think I tore my room apart. Probably glad FB wasn't around.
                  Wow, that is sad, WF. I hate to say it but, my Dad would have done the same with the explanation that it was so I would not get upset over it and that he was shielding me from the pain of the actual deed.

Having had to put two dogs down, I understand that logic.

Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                  Wow Mark, you've got a lot more restraint than me. My reaction would probably be closer to Marko's Dad.
                  After being a parent for 38 years and raising 4 boys and 1 girl, I have learned that two wrongs do not make a right.

He is an adult now and it should be discussed in an adult manner when heads are cooled down.

Thanks for all the comments and input. You will not have to endure any more discussion on this.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Thanks for all the comments and input. You will not have to endure any more discussion on this.
                    I could be wrong but I don't think any of us had the feeling of having to endure this discussion and are even curiously invested in it a little now. Thanks for sharing it man
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I agree with Tony, and I think people will definitely want to know if you received an apology. You are way too nice a person to be spoken to like that, by relatives, or by anyone.

Comment

• Shock collar time.

For both owner and pet. :twisted:
                        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• maybe a more "internal" location for the owner

Comment

• "You will not have to endure any more discussion on this."
                            ------------------------Please continue to enlighten us.
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                              I could be wrong but I don't think any of us had the feeling of having to endure this discussion and are even curiously invested in it a little now. Thanks for sharing it man
                              Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                              I agree with Tony, and I think people will definitely want to know if you received an apology. You are way too nice a person to be spoken to like that, by relatives, or by anyone.
                              Originally posted by DanO View Post
                              "You will not have to endure any more discussion on this."
                              ------------------------Please continue to enlighten us.

This is unless you are just disgusted by this episode (understandably) and would just rather not talk about it in here anymore.

Comment

• From hilarious GIFs of animals being jerks to Mother Nature's cutest animals, a delightful gallery of the cutest and funniest animal GIFs ever seen!

Comment

Working...
                                X